Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Wireless help?

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yit

I have my wireless router and cable modem on the second floor of my house. I have my X360 and PC in my basement. (2 floors down)

I don't want to buy a wireless card for my PC and the stupid $100 adapter for the 360. I've heard you can use a wireless bridge, where it basically takes the wireless, turns it back into wire, and puts it into the ethernet ports..

Does anyone use these? Are they good? Recommendations?

Nikuls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nikuls

I'm currently using this Belkin wireless repeater which has (only) one ethernet port in the back that would work for your 360/PC. I get fairly good reception off it but it does occasionally just give up (a quick on/off does the trick as it picks up the signal in a few seconds).

There are probably better ones out there with more ports so definitely have a look around. If not this one does a fine job.

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By j0rdan

They do work,  you best getting something the same make as your current wireless as they will work better with each other, especially if they are a big brand.

and make sure you read the specs of whatever you buy proporly beforehand, some devices dont like becoming bridges and it could potentialy end up costing you more than the official thing in the long run.

running an ethernet cat5 cable down to your basement may be a much better option, and alot cheaper if you know anyone who is able to do it for you. and much faster and more reliable than wireless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.