Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Wireless K+M with Good Range?

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Keirgo

Hi all,

So the holidays are nearly upon us, and I am "frantically" looking for a gift for my brother. :P A new wireless keyboard and mouse set, to be precise. Now the current ones he has are some Logitech ergonomic set, but are getting old at this point. They keep loosing connection to his computer, which he has plugged in to his tv about 8-10ft away from where he sits on the couch.

I've been looking online now for a few weeks, and there are so many of them, but most seem like trash. Maybe I have been spoiled by high end gaming mice and keyboards nowadays.

I would like something with good build quality, reliability, and wireless range. Some recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I have used a Logitech K750 Solar Wireless keyboard and a G700s wireless laser mouse for a long time with my living room PC, and the range is good enough to work at least 15 feet away. However, those receivers are pretty finicky. The Logitech wireless stuff usually comes with a little extension to move the receiver away from the case of the PC, but I've found that I need to have the receivers either on top of the case or facing forwards with clear line of sight to the devices in order for them to work reliably. There is a huge difference between plugging the receiver in to the back of the case vs the front. I don't even bother using the rear USB ports for those things anymore.

Now I am using a mechanical keyboard with that PC, so I ran a USB cable under the carpet along the baseboard to the area where it is being used, terminating in a powered USB hub.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

Logitech G602 for me - It's the only wireless mouse I've ever owned that didn't make me wish for a wired version. I was in the top 1% on the One Finger Death Punch survival leaderboards for months (might still be, I dunno ;)) with that very mouse.

It works reliably at 20ft from the receiver with a large sofa between receiver and mouse. It replaced a G700 (not the S that @mike has above) that I had no end of trouble with. I hated that mouse with a passion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.