Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller for BattleField 4

xbenblasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No doubt this topic has been raised many a time in this forum but hey I'm new here so give me a break!

I'm fairly new to the world of PC gaming and one of the bad habits I've carried over is my want./ ability to only use a controller when it comes to playing games, I recently purchased Battlefield 4 and am finding it woefully under supported.

Can anyone offer up any new as to whether there is any plans to fix the problems, especially with the key bidings, or should I just concede defeat and try an adopt the keyboard style of play....

....maybe I'm just not very good!

cheers guys

- xbenblasterx-

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They wont change it, they didn't in bf3 its just not ment to be played that way on PC its almost like a different game. I used to use it to fly jets and choppers but ditched it and just learnt to use the KBM

The biggest problem your probably having is the lack of auto aim or help targeting which you wont get on pc because it will give you an unfair advantage, you will never be able to compete with someone who can spin their camera around in micro seconds.

Just go KBM you will get used to it eventually and its heaps heaps better to aim with

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im on your side i like using a mouse but hate using keyboards too many buttons that feel the same too close together seems like alot of ea shooters dont support it. mass effect doesnt BF doesn't and neither does medal of honor it would be easier if i had a mouse that had like 9 buttons, but not much more though i have found some but none in my price range

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

@mattimus_prime: i have a logitech g700 which i think has close to 9 buttons on it maybe and it doesn't make it any easier. it's just a different mindset. the biggest thing that helped me was making sure i had proper ergonomics setup at my desk where your elbows and hands are both level with eachother. that cut down on my wrist fatigue and made it easier to play.

i still would prefer a controller at times because sometimes i want to play leaning back instead of hunching forward. Biggest problem for me with the current controller support in BF3 and BF4 is the game's UI makes no attempts to but the button prompts on the screen even though all the controls seem to map to their same buttons as they are used int he console versions. The aim assist not being there is not ideal but it's workable but the lack of on screen button prompts really kills it and it'd be so easy to implement.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find controllers much more comfortable than M+KB but I have a feeling you'll have a bad time with the game trying to play online with a 360 controller. You would probably get destroyed, no matter how good you are with a controller.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.