Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Would you buy a kinect for windows?

brites101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

PCgamer.com just released this piece of news

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/07/kinect-for-windows-v2-to-release-july-15/

Despite being true or not, i couldn't stop consider buying one for my pc.

What would you like to see in a PC kinect?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No thank you!

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I might. I can think of a LOT of cool uses for a kinect. It's just that none of those uses are games.
    I'm already signed up for the MVA class on programming for it: http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/liveevents/programming-the-kinect-for-windows-jump-start

Hopefully they've got some cool stuff to show off there.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

The interesting use for me would as a Track IR alternative, but the sample rate is just far too low. No thanks. TrackIR 5 is 120 fps, Kinect is 30.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I have no use for it but people did a lot of cool things with the first Windows compatible Kinect so giddy up!

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mb: I'd be interested in using it to drive animation rigs, and a bit of 3d scanning, mainly. You can do a lot of the same stuff with a couple webcams but its a nice little unit and once hackers get a hold of it and make libraries for it it's gonna be fun stuff.

Like I said, I don't expect I'd ever use one to play games at all, it's terrible tech for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.