Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Peggle

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 11, 2007

A game by PopCap Games, similar to Breakout and Pachinko machines.

PC deal

Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hdfisise

With the new XBLA edition out many people may forget about the fact it is on the PC. In fact it is out on the PC for 75% off with the coupon blitz1 available to reduce the price again by 50%. So if you are interested in buying peggle but don't want to cough up 800MS points I would recommend getting it on PC. It should also run on virtually every PC/laptop going as well.  Using this I managed to pick it up for £1.28 earlier which is much better than the XBLA price. 

EDIT: I should have mentioned this is directly from Popcap's website

Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hdfisise

Thats a good point :P It is directly from Popcap.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew
    SuperMooseman said:
    "What service? Steam?"
    From PopCap's online store apparently.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Peggle Extreme is indeed free on Steam now. But that's not the full game; it's a shorter version of the game with new levels. You are not getting the full experience from that version. If I recall correctly, you can't even use most of the characters; only Bjorn.

Oooska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Oooska
    LordAndrew said:
    "Peggle Extreme is indeed free on Steam now. But that's not the full game; it's a shorter version of the game with new levels. You are not getting the full experience from that version. If I recall correctly, you can't even use most of the characters; only Bjorn."

Having not played the "full version" of any of the Peggles games, what exactly am I missing gameplay wise?
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Axersia
    Oooska said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    "Peggle Extreme is indeed free on Steam now. But that's not the full game; it's a shorter version of the game with new levels. You are not getting the full experience from that version. If I recall correctly, you can't even use most of the characters; only Bjorn."
    Having not played the "full version" of any of the Peggles games, what exactly am I missing gameplay wise?"
    Gameplay wise, you're missing out on 9 additional characters each with their own unique power there to assist you in beating the levels.

Content wise, you're missing out on 55 levels and 75 challenges -- none of which were in Peggle Extreme.

I recently pirated the game to see what all the fuss is about and played through the adventure mode, but since piracy isn't my thing I just bought it. I would've preferred to have it on my Steam account though, but meh, for €2.25 I can't complain.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm waiting for the iphone version of peggle. It is going to be terrible, I'm going to get terribly addicted and will be playing it wherever I go, and I can see me missing my bus stop regularly because I'm being distracted by peggle.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

Peggle on XBLA has awesome online and offline multiplayer modes though.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Babble

Think of the achievements! No monetary reduction is worth it without a feeling of accomplishment as you play!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.