Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Penny Arcade

Franchise »

Penny Arcade, originally a webcomic by Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik, is also an episodic series of role-playing games developed by Hothead Games and later by Zeboyd Games.

Penny-Arcades opinion on "the pro"

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

So here it is: 

No Caption Provided
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

Xbox Live needs more moderators like him.

Like... a lot more.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ch13696
    @Andorski: Seriously. That's one annoying little kid down. 19,999,999 to go.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

That's pretty funny.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

I'm heading to bed but does someone want to provide context on this for me?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ch13696
    @Hamz: On the comic or on the situation that made the comic?
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Hamz: The Pro is a fairly well-known Xbox Live Mod.

The other day, a video came out with a user begging people to spam it, so Microsoft would be forced to rid of the Pro.

It shows the Pro abusing his admin abilities, but a lot of users noticed that there were sound... discrepancies. The real video was uploaded later, recorded by someone else, and shows the counter-side to what the mod was experiencing. Most notably, people telling him they fucked his grandmother until she bled out of the mouth and died.
    j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By apathylad
    @Mmmslash said:
    " @Hamz: The Pro is a fairly well-known Xbox Live Mod.  The other day, a video came out with a user begging people to spam it, so Microsoft would be forced to rid of the Pro.  It shows the Pro abusing his admin abilities, but a lot of users noticed that there were sound... discrepancies. The real video was uploaded later, recorded by someone else, and shows the counter-side to what the mod was experiencing. Most notably, people telling him they fucked his grandmother until she bled out of the mouth and died. "

Yes, Major Nelson and Stephen Toulouse (sp?) commented on the video as well. While the did say that The Pro had an inappropriate tone, the user who uploaded the video was a hacker.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ch13696
    @Apathylad said:
    " @Mmmslash said:
    " @Hamz: The Pro is a fairly well-known Xbox Live Mod.  The other day, a video came out with a user begging people to spam it, so Microsoft would be forced to rid of the Pro.  It shows the Pro abusing his admin abilities, but a lot of users noticed that there were sound... discrepancies. The real video was uploaded later, recorded by someone else, and shows the counter-side to what the mod was experiencing. Most notably, people telling him they fucked his grandmother until she bled out of the mouth and died. "
     Yes, Major Nelson and Stephen Toulouse (sp?) commented on the video as well. While the did say that The Pro had an inappropriate tone, the user who uploaded the video was a hacker. "
    There was even another video uploaded showing the kind of comments the moderator was getting. I'm glad I saw that. I'm glad Stephen Toulouse brought up that he's a hacker but I still don't like him. Anyway's I found the hackers twitter ID. It's iTzLuPo .
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jimbo
    @Andorski said:
    " Xbox Live needs more moderators like him.

Like... a lot more. "
    Totally agree.  I don't care if his tone was 'inappropriate', because he was right. If they had 100 other guys slapping the shit out of people like that in order to maintain some kind of minimum acceptable standard on XBL, I would still be paying them a gold membership fee.  As they clearly aren't prepared to do that - for obvious reasons - then fuck them.
    CaptainMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By CaptainMax

the pro is secretly wade fulp. 

No Caption Provided
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By EvilTwin

He's still a bad moderator.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Alex_Murphy

If the guy was cheating then fine, ban him. But the Mod seemed to go out of his way to be a dick about it.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ch13696

For everyone that didn't see the new video that back ups the pro here it is. 

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ryax

i would have done what the pro did if i had his power

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I really don't think we need another thread about this, there's all ready been one about it.
    Though i applaud penny arcade for picking the right side that thepro was wholly right in what he said and did.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Mmmslash
    @ch13696: I don't think anyone who has seen that video can say anything negative about The Pro other than he's kind of a pretentious jerk. 

Compared to the average XBL user, the guy is ray of hope in an ocean of piss.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

""
    When you and I log into the service of our choice, we can log off at any time. Try to imagine a world where you could not escape these people, where it was your damnation in a literal sense to stew in a crockpot of social disease. Maybe he should be nicer to people who claim to have fucked his grandmother until she was destroyed by the process.  That's something he can work on, maybe.  I'm sure there's an informative pamplet he can peruse.  In the meantime, let's get that statue made.  ""

best damn reply to people that continuely say....but but but but his attitude was bad he seemed to be a dick.
    I think we'd all be a dick upon hearing about how someone raped out grandmother till she bled out her mouth...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That kid fucks grandma's so hard they go flying out windows.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By apathylad
    @WilliamRLBaker:

Well, to be fair, his boss Stephen Toulouse did post on his twitter that he was going to discuss with "The Pro" about his "tone". The comments about him being unprofessional are probably because he will give the wrong impression of what Microsoft's employee's are like. Arguing with a random tool on Xbox Live is just going to add fuel to a fire, and it did. If I was a mod, I would have banned  the hacker too, but the way the way this played out was akin to the saying "never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Apathylad said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker:  Well, to be fair, his boss Stephen Toulouse did post on his twitter that he was going to discuss with "The Pro" about his "tone". The comments about him being unprofessional are probably because he will give the wrong impression of what Microsoft's employee's are like. Arguing with a random tool on Xbox Live is just going to add fuel to a fire, and it did. If I was a mod, I would have banned  the hacker too, but the way the way this played out was akin to the saying "never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."   "
    and as i've said you likely wouldn't have acted any different if the kid had gotten any words and neither would I. and I would rather have a Mod that acts as he did then acts soulless when confronted with such unwarranted hateful words.
    and i doubt he'll talk to thepro he'll likely congratulate him as I said there is no reason to have this thread its been talked about before.
    there are 2 groups one that supports thepro, and those that are wrong and uselessly decide some how he acted wrong in the face of such harassment and abuse when they in the same position would have acted no different.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jakob187
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " That kid fucks grandma's so hard they go flying out windows. "
    WORD!!! 

In other news - people cuss on Xbox Live?!  THIS IS MADNESS!!! 

*cue Leonidas, stage right*
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@WilliamRLBaker said:
    Maybe he should be nicer to people who claim to have fucked his grandmother until she was destroyed by the process.
    It's really not a funny situation, but this line had me laughing for about three minutes straight.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By apathylad
    @WilliamRLBaker said:

" and i doubt he'll talk to thepro he'll likely congratulate him.... "

Via Stepto's twitter:

I spoke to The Pro and he's certainly regretful about the tone. ..We try to do our job protecting the service dispassionately...
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By AURON570

I don't own an xbox, but damn if I payed monthly or yearly to play online, what am I paying for if not to ban kids like Lupo? 

p.s. do the mods get payed for this? if no, damn they must put up with a lot of shit.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By apathylad
    @AURON570: 

Don't worry, The Pro says he "makes four times as much we thinks he does and half of what he deserves."
    Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Slab64

So, there's the pretension everyone is talking about...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.