game crashing?

#1 Edited by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -

I just bought the game and whenever I try to play it the game crashes. I uninstalled and re-installed it but no luck. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: I figured out how to fix my problem. I went into the steam folder for the game and installed the xnafx40_redsit file. If anyone else is having this problem give this a try.

#2 Edited by david3cm (635 posts) -

Doesn't this game come out tomorrow?

EDIT: Nope, I'm just dumb. That seems strange though.

#3 Posted by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -

@rebgav: I don't even get that far. the game crashes before it even opens.

#4 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (373 posts) -

Odd. I bought it this morning on steam and it's working fine for me. :(

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

I just bought it before reading this.. :(

#6 Posted by KingRedWing (44 posts) -

I guess I'll hold off on buying this for a bit then.

#7 Posted by Calitar (86 posts) -

It crashed the first time I tried to run it, but it's been fine since.

#8 Posted by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -

I figured out how to fix my problem. I went into the steam folder for the game and installed the xnafx40_redsit file. If anyone else is having this problem give this a try. I also updated my OP with this.

#9 Edited by david3cm (635 posts) -

Works fine for me, I just made it past where they ended the quicklook.

#10 Posted by Irvandus (2643 posts) -

I haven't had any problems, weird. Ps: Cordwainer = best class ever if on a fast character. At least in the second level...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.