Mac Version - PLEASE!

#1 Posted by DreadMorrison (68 posts) -

So I currently am in the same sad state as Patrick, as my only source of 'PC' gaming is a Macbook. I know, it's awful and I'm saving money for a computer. But I really really really enjoyed the comedy in the Penny Arcade Adventure games and the Quick Look for Episode 3 has gotten me super pumped. I've been checking their website weekly and I foolishly check the FAQ every time to see if they're still gonna put this game out on Mac. The little "coming to" on the bottom left corner taunts me, WHEN THE HELL IS THIS COMING TO MAC?? I need some good comedy games in my life!

#2 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

You know how easy it is to install Windows on a Mac right?

I know it's a tiny bit of hassle having to boot into that to play just a few games (although booting to desktop takes like 10 seconds on my MacBook Air) but it's worth doing if it's the only way.

Also, OS X versions of games run much worse than Windows. They'll be times when the Mac version of a game simply runs so bad your only option will be Windows or don't play it.

#3 Posted by DreadMorrison (68 posts) -

@Sooty: I'm a big fat n00b, so I don't know the easy way to do it. I know that installing windows can be done, every time I tried to do it my computer just runs slow as HELL, so i must be doing something wrong.

#4 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@joaomatosamaro said:

@Sooty: I'm a big fat n00b, so I don't know the easy way to do it. I know that installing windows can be done, every time I tried to do it my computer just runs slow as HELL, so i must be doing something wrong.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461

super super easy

#5 Posted by JFunkhouser (67 posts) -

It took me two years with my mac before i finally installed Windows via Bootcamp for the Steam sale. It is actually super super easy as stated in above comments. You can't really fail if you follow the instructions.

#6 Edited by DreadMorrison (68 posts) -

@Sooty: Thanks a bunch dude!!

Edit: sorry, duder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.