How many made the mistake of buying this game at launch?

#1 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

I remember waiting for hours to get a 360.. and buying THIS game,
coming home and immediately knew that it was the worst purchase in my
entire life. share your tragic story with this game here.

#2 Posted by DrVanNostren (154 posts) -

Yeah this wasn't my first game luckily but I did buy it at launch. It was pretty horrible.

#3 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
DrVanNostren said:
"Yeah this wasn't my first game luckily but I did buy it at launch. It was pretty horrible."
did you sell it or anything?
#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14348 posts) -

I actually enjoyed the game. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was still fun.

#5 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

I got it before launch, but I don't regret getting it. Well, I regret getting the CE, but I had plenty of fun with the game.

#6 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I got it launch day as well. I quite enjoyed it though.

#7 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"I got it launch day as well. I quite enjoyed it though."
how ccan you enjoy this game?
#8 Posted by NoExtraLife (213 posts) -

I choose it at launch as well, it wasn't anything special but it wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination (well apart from the shocking last boss), I got some co-op and multiplayer kicks out of it before it was condemned to gather dust on my shelf

#9 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -
xplodedd said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"I got it launch day as well. I quite enjoyed it though."
how ccan you enjoy this game?
"

Oh it has since been sold, but back on the first day the 360 came out, I was just like WHOA look at those graphics! and hyped up for it. If I played it now my eyes would probably bleed.
#10 Posted by davecuk (158 posts) -

Got it at launch, played a few levels and a bit of multiplayer and it's been gather dust ever since.

#11 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
davecuk said:
"Got it at launch, played a few levels and a bit of multiplayer and it's been gather dust ever since."
you should have sold it when there was a famous shortage of this cursed game.
#12 Posted by ternim (14 posts) -

I got this game cheap a while after launch but it was not my cup of tea. Horrible Single-Player and Mediocre Multiplayer made me trade this one in.

#13 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I got it as a Christmas present. Pretty awful.

#14 Posted by AxeMeTender (16 posts) -

I payed about $15 after shipping for the Limited Edition version awhile ago...  I've not had much time to play it but I'm enjoying things so far.   Generally I hate (hate hate  hate!) first person shooters on consoles (but love them on PC, go figure?) cuz I can't work the sticks or whatever.   This game plays a little slower and was just kinda neat.   For $15 I'm pretty happy.   Of course, I've really hardly touched it since I also ebay'd Crackdown and Lost Planet and a few others over the last year - I don't get to play much :)   and then GTA4 happened...

#15 Posted by DazbotAthertron (875 posts) -
@TheGTAvaccine said:
" I got it launch day as well. I quite enjoyed it though. "

#16 Posted by Kieran_Smith5 (139 posts) -

disgrace of the franchise

#17 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

I got it along with COD 2. 

#18 Posted by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (558 posts) -

I actually bought the collector's edition before the 360 came out. I would've traded it in long ago but Gamestop gives you next to nothing for it, so I kept it and still have it. It is indeed bad but I've bought far shittier games. It's a good thing I bought COD2 and Condemned also or else I would have been really pissed.

#19 Posted by neoepoch (1293 posts) -

I actually got this for free when my 360 red ringed. This was before they were giving the 1 month live cards out and actually giving games. It was one of the early cases and it was still under warranty. The representative asked which launch title I wanted and I said Perfect Dark.

#20 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

I thought it was pretty good, me and my friends used to play infection all the time, that was fun.

#21 Posted by Pie (7058 posts) -

Mistake?

#22 Edited by Pazy (2561 posts) -

I bought it a few months ago and  me and my buddy had a lot of fun playing Co-op and Bot matches (Us vs. them) for a few weeks. Dont regret it at all, perhaps at launch if I had inflated expectations but I came to it expecting just a first person shooter and it easily surpassed that.

#23 Posted by Inuzagi (170 posts) -

This game pretty much came with my Xbox 360 at launch so I didn't really have much say as to whether or not I wanted to get it. I played this game for about 6 hours(split between the single-player and multi-player)...needless to say, I just gave up on it and went to play Condemend,Gun(a really great western shooter that I had tons of fun playing, despite the fact the graphics weren't exactly next-gen but the gameplay was excellent) and COD2.

#24 Posted by Church069 (250 posts) -

Perfect Dark Zero was a terrible game, It was for me to the first game I bought for my 360, it was so pissed I took it back the next day and traded it for Call of Duty 2.  Kind of sucked the enjoyment out of my new console purchase, but COD2 made up for it

#25 Posted by 6n00bkilla9 (149 posts) -

omg driver 3 ahhhh the worest game ever funny thing though when i gave the 50 dollar bill the teh clerk at gamestop he like flattened it out and broke it in 2 not my problem but damn i was so mad about buying that game ahh i still get upset about it today.

#26 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

Got the limited edition at launch and I still have it (I don't trade games) it's okay.

#27 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

Eh, it was pretty fun when it came out. Sure it's just an average game, nothing special, but it's not horrible like some people make it out to be. It was a fun launch title. Had a lot of fun online with friends, setting up those turret guns and stuff.

#28 Posted by cc23574 (665 posts) -

I still have to play the game, but why all the hate?

#29 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

I didn't buy it at launch but it was the first game I got with my 360. It was pretty awesome, I still love it and think it's one of the best FPS on the console and of this generation.

#30 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" I actually enjoyed the game. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was still fun. "
Same here. People always give me shit for it, but i liked PDZ.
#31 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Wasn't too bad of a game, worst aspect was the controls were weird, not tight and smooth feeling.  Technically at the time the graphics were way above anything available for any platform too.  Good solid MP play as well, nice bots...

I bought my 360 in a bundle anyways, so I didn't have a choice.  But if I had a choice, I still would have got the game.

#32 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6101 posts) -

I enjoyed the heck out of the multiplayer, especially the bots and the weapons.  I thought the single player was a bit uneven, and some of the missions frustrate the hell out of me, but overall, it was a pretty solid game.

#33 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Mee too, how could we not, the promise of next gen PD was too good.. I think a lot of people got it with the console.

#34 Posted by TheHBK (5465 posts) -

I bought it and remember thinking it was good, but just so many things wrong with it.  And now I wonder what happened to first party 360 games being 50 bucks instead of 60?

#35 Posted by Champy (533 posts) -

i got oblivion and GRAW with my 360, which i really liked, then a few weeks later i buy PDZ and cry. i think i paid like 70 dollas for it too.. DX

#36 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

This was one of the first 360 games I bought, but it wasn't at launch. I got it with Kameo in a 2-for-$30 deal. Also, I grabbed the special edition of Perfect Dark Zero, so for $15, that's pretty rad. I still have only played it one time. I finished the first level and that was it. It didn't seem bad, but the aiming was just too uncomfortable and felt so off. It really hurt the experience for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.