Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Perfect Dark

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released May 22, 2000

Perfect Dark is a first-person shooter for the Nintendo 64 and the spiritual successor to the 1997 smash hit GoldenEye 007.

If this is your first time playing, how do you like the game?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

800 points for one of the most feature filled games of all time, yet no one can deny that it has aged a bit.  I'm sure there are many here who are too young to remember the N64 version, and others who just missed it the first time around.  For whatever reason, if you're new to the game, what do you think of it?  Worth the 800 points, or is it a bit too outdated for you?  Are you surprised at the amount of content and features offered here that are often missing from even modern games?

I'm quite interested to hear opinions on this game that don't come from a point of nostalgia.

SythonX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SythonX7

I never played the N64 version before, but so far I'm thoroughly enjoying it. For 800 MS points its a steal, the multiplayer feels great and plenty of other features to get into, split-screen is pretty fun, not tried online yet. The best 800MS points I have spent!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @SpaceInsomniac said:
    "I'm sure there are many here who are too young to remember the N64 version, "
    Its only 10 years old. 

I never played the original and I'm really enjoying it. I bought it on the premise that its by the people that left Rare to form Free Radical. So I bought it because I knew it would be like Timesplitters, which it certainly is. 

This will hold my interest until TS4.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By bed

fantastic! just tried the trial and it reminded me of Goldeneye instantly. prior to this, i've only played the multi player with some friends and that was damn fun. 100% sold! 

by the way.. this is the game with the machine gun briefcase that you could stick to walls, right? i don't remember    

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MasturbatingBear
    @AjayRaz:
    yea the laptop gun.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Rockdalf

800 MS points for Multiplayer with bots = Win.

I played the original though, so I'm biased.  Still bought it 0600 this morning.

FinFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By FinFan

I'm enjoying it but I can only play for about an hour before getting motion sick.  That kinda sux.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By TheGremp

I never played the N64 version, but I played a load of GoldenEye when I was a kid, so there was still a fair amount of nostalgia for me. 

I played the demo, and it was great fun.  I'll most likely buy it soon.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By mordecaix7

Missed it when it came around the first time (was still playing Goldeneye) and I like it a whole lot.  I'm still not too hot with the multiplayer though.  The shooting mechanics without auto aim seem to be off.  I've turned the sensitivity way down to try to keep from moving so fast but I just don't feel like I can pull off headshots like I can in other shooters.  During the Quicklook, they commented that shooters don't move this fast anymore.  My bad aiming in PD without auto-aim is probably a result of that.  Otherwise, I love being able to select my mission and difficulty and replaying the best parts or beating my times.  Great fun.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Elazul
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @SpaceInsomniac said:
    "I'm sure there are many here who are too young to remember the N64 version, "
    Its only 10 years old.
    That's true, but it's very unlikely that users who're in their early to mid teens (of which there seem to be quite a few on the site) would have played an M/18 rated game a decade ago.

Anyway, I'm downloading it as we speak. I never played the original, but I did play a hell of a lot of Goldeneye, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that style of shooter has held up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.