Perfect Drag

#1 Edited by theMcNasty (741 posts) -

Unfortunately, in the XBLA release of Perfect Dark, you will no longer be able to put Carrington's head on a females body .  For some reason, updating Perfect Dark meant taking out its transexual side.  No more putting male heads on female bodies or vice versa.

Has anyone else shed a tear over this omission?

#2 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Can I still put Elvis' head on a humans body?

#3 Posted by JokerClown88 (1051 posts) -

Are you for reall???  No more human head on myian bodies to make you impossible to be headshot???

#4 Posted by theMcNasty (741 posts) -
@kmdrkul:  Nope.  Heads are restricted to their characters (ie Joanna Dark heads on Joanna Dark, Henchmen heads on henchmen, Elvis heads on Elvis
#5 Posted by theMcNasty (741 posts) -
@JokerClown88:   No sir, but they did make Elvis shorter and skinnier.  Kind of like a Oddjob 2.0, but with a giant head
#6 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

I think Peter Molyneux's head in the second mission makes up for it.

#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@theMcNasty said:
"      Unfortunately, in the XBLA release of Perfect Dark, you will no longer be able to put Carrington's head on a females body .  For some reason, updating Perfect Dark meant taking out its transexual side.  No more putting male heads on female bodies or visa versa.   Has anyone else shed a tear over this omission? "
God dammit, it's VICE versa! Not VISA versa. Vice! Like Vice City, or Miami Vice.

I'm sorry. It's a pet peeve.
#8 Edited by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Damn really? That sucks. I was looking forward to creating my Elvis headed Mr. Blond body.

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

Doesn't really bother me that much.  Hopefully I will get the game within a week so I can play through it for the first time.

#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I had no idea this was ever even possible, so it makes no difference to me.

@JJWeatherman said:

" @theMcNasty said:
"      Unfortunately, in the XBLA release of Perfect Dark, you will no longer be able to put Carrington's head on a females body .  For some reason, updating Perfect Dark meant taking out its transexual side.  No more putting male heads on female bodies or visa versa.   Has anyone else shed a tear over this omission? "
God dammit, it's VICE versa! Not VISA versa. Vice! Like Vice City, or Miami Vice.  I'm sorry. It's a pet peeve. "
Hahaha, man, I've noticed that's actually a really common mistake. It kind of bugs me too. Especially since people are trying to use a fancy term like that and want to sound all sophisticated, but then end up saying it wrong.
#11 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

As a newbie to PD, can someone explain this to me?

#12 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
@theMcNasty said:
" @kmdrkul:  Nope.  Heads are restricted to their characters (ie Joanna Dark heads on Joanna Dark, Henchmen heads on henchmen, Elvis heads on Elvis "
Oh HELL naw!
#13 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Noooo now we can't glitch Challenge 29!

@Daryl: In Multiplayer (Combat Simulator), players can make their custom character with a head/body combination from the various characters and guards throughout the single player game. In the N64 version you could put a woman's head on a man's body for giggles, or put a small human head on a short Maian alien's body (the Maian normally has a huge head, countering the advantage they get by being shorter).

XBLA version has apparently disabled such shenanigans.

#14 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

Its a little dissapointing, but I could really care less about that. I'm still looking to pick this up.

#15 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

Bugger, I loved doing that. Oh well. AS long as it still plays the  same

#16 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
"I had no idea this was ever even possible, so it makes no difference to me.

@JJWeatherman said:
" @theMcNasty said:
God dammit, it's VICE versa! Not VISA versa. Vice! Like Vice City, or Miami Vice.  I'm sorry. It's a pet peeve. "
Hahaha, man, I've noticed that's actually a really common mistake. It kind of bugs me too. Especially since people are trying to use a fancy term like that and want to sound all sophisticated, but then end up saying it wrong. "

I don't think it's as bad as when people use "your" instead of "you're".   You can sound it out for god's sake.
#17 Posted by Mark (86 posts) -

I hear you. That was the first thing I tried when I booted up multiplayer. But I could still put the weird white-masked guys' head on the white dinner jacket dude, so after that it was all good =)

#18 Posted by Rockdalf (1274 posts) -
@Mark: It's the biotechnician's head I think.  I slapped it on the FBI Trench, but that was my normal look.
#19 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

yeah i noticed this today when i went to change Mr. blond's head, and was not able to. Its very odd not being able to do that anymore.

#20 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

They totally nerfed the farsight too, you can only see through like one wall instead of the entire map.  Probably a good thing though.

#21 Posted by Death_Burnout (3792 posts) -
@Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" I think Peter Molyneux's head in the second mission makes up for it. "
Damn right it does! killing Peter Molyneux is 50% hilarious and 50% terrifying. When hes all over the damn place its better.
#22 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Despite my longstanding hatred for the game, that IS quite a bummer.

#23 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Not that I'm a Perfect Dark nut. However, that sounds like something really strange to omit. Maybe there was a combo that had really small hit boxes and would have made the game unbalanced? Well that is just my 2 cents.

#24 Edited by theMcNasty (741 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:

" @theMcNasty said:

Ironically, the only reason I used 'visa' instead of 'vice' was because someone "corrected" me recently (When I said 'vice').  Their confident tone-of-voice totally sold me on it.  Haha
#25 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@theMcNasty said:
" @JJWeatherman said:

" @theMcNasty said:

Ironically, the only reason I used 'visa' instead of 'vice' was because someone "corrected" me recently (When I said 'vice').  Their confident tone-of-voice totally sold me on it.  Haha "
Well that person should be shot. Not anywhere that would kill them, just in the foot or something. Then someone should punch them in the foot repeatedly while it's recovering.
#26 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -
@Daryl said:
" As a newbie to PD, can someone explain this to me? "
In the original N64 version it allowed you to use any head with any body.  Meaning you could put Carringtons head on Joanna's body, or vice versa, creating some really disturbing looking characters.  In the 360 version it limits this, only allowing you to put Joanna's head on her other costumes, etc.  Probably to stop people using the tiny alien body, etc, giving them an unfair advantage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.