Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 28, 2013

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is a sequel to the original Persona 4 Arena. It has new characters, new stages and several new gameplay related changes such as new moves.

Anybody else as hyped for Golden Arena mode as I am?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zeik

I've been interested in it since it was revealed, but watching that stream it's pretty much everything I could hope for from an extra mode in a Persona fighting game. S. Links, stats, skills taken directly from the game. It's probably the most fan-servicey thing in the whole game, and I love everything about it. (I know Blazblue's Abyss mode is fundamentally similar, but this is much more exciting.)

My only worry is that it will eventually turn into Score Attack (or worse) from the last game, where the AI is impossibly hard and not fun to fight. I figure at least the first two difficulty levels will be manageable though, which would be enough to mess around with it for awhile. Especially with individual levels for every character and S. Link.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I've been increasingly psyched about this thing since I realized how terrible my internet connection is at my new place. This will probably be where the majority of my time with the game as spent... as soon as I mine everything interesting out of the story mode, of course. I'm really looking forward to it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

While I'll be mostly focused on getting my ass kicked online, I'm glad they are putting in a lot of single player stuff into the game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm hyped for the whole thing, but this is obviously a great addition. A bit disappointed that one can't bring their Golden Arena Mode leveled up character online like GG Xrd's M.O.M. mode, but ah well. Maybe in P4A3, heh.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm hyped for the whole thing, but this is obviously a great addition. A bit disappointed that one can't bring their Golden Arena Mode leveled up character online like GG Xrd's M.O.M. mode, but ah well. Maybe in P4A3, heh.

I'm hyped for the whole thing too, but this is exactly the type of thing that could keep me invested for a longer period of time. I'm not always in the mood to put up with the stress that accompanies online play, but story mode only lasts so long, and arcade and score attack weren't really very engaging, so all that was left was practicing combos in training mode, and that gets old after awhile.

It would be kind of nice to be able to play against other people in some kind of casual mode completely separate from anything else, but I'm sure it would be completely broken, so I'm not surprised it's not an option. It's one of those things that's just kind of stupid fun for a few matches and then you want to do something else. Still, it's always better to have the option.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I never knew about this mode. Looks really cool.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The thing is, they don't care about it being potentially broken because online lets players use "Boss" versions of all the characters in specific lobbies where they're enabled, which are apparently just Score Attack versions of all characters. It's just silly fun; would have been nice to have the additional option, too.

Bloo561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This mode shows a lot of possible as this is totally a way to train myself outside of training mode and online, so I will be in golden arena a lot.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#9 riostarwind  Moderator

I can't say I was really hyped for this mode at all but it certainly looks like something I would spend a lot of time on after finishing the story mode. Compared to the score attack mode in the first game this one seems like a vast improvement over that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.