Arc System Works started a loketest today that will last until August 18th so people could test out the full on sequel to Persona 4 Arena probably known as "Persona 4 Arena: Climax."
There's more at these links:
Some new details:
- New characters confirmed: Junpei Iori and Yukari Takeba from Persona 3.
- Each character (except for Shadow Labrys and Elizabeth) will have a Shadow version of themselves. These Shadow versions are unable to Burst, however they have a mode they can initiate known as "Shadow Fury" which drains their meter. They also start with 100 SP in meter.
- There are SP versions of super moves now. This means that a character can use 75 meter to activate an enhanced version of a super move, similar to SP versions of their special moves.
- This is a sequel and not merely an update, according to Famitsu. This means that the story will be new.
- Different characters have different amounts of Persona cards now instead of the universal 4 everyone had in the original game. Akihiko has 2 and Elizabeth has 6 or 7, for example.
- There are new stages, including one that takes place outside of Tartarus during the Dark Hour.