A couple fights with the English voices.

• 63 results
#1 Edited by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

Yosuke vs Teddie

Aigis vs Yukiko

Yosuke vs Labrys

Yosuke vs Aigis

My only major complaint so far is that they talk to much. It gets a bit annoying. I may end up using the Japanese voices, not because I dislike the English voices, but because its less irritating when I can't understand them. Any one less feel this way? I do want to say that I love the announcer's voice. Its great.

#2 Posted by SockemJetpack (407 posts) -

Waaaay too much talking. I'd say if they cut the amount of actual announcing attacks in half then it would be bear-able. *snrk*

#3 Posted by AndrewB (7491 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

My only major complaint so far is that they talk to much. It gets a bit annoying.

Dear lord, you're right. They can't even get off a line because they're interrupting themselves.

#4 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2051 posts) -

I think the talking is fine.

#5 Edited by Irvandus (2823 posts) -

I want to see some Akihiko footage.

Edit: Not as good as the Giant Bomb fighting game.

#6 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

@Irvandus:

Here's some off screen footage. Unfortunately its hard to hear with E3 going on in the background.

#7 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Can't believe that this voice stuff is such a problem with you guys. Shows how determined you are or how weird you can be with little things like this. They're fine, I just care about more important things than the voices during fights. Usually game fight dialogue is bad anyway,

#8 Posted by Chontamenti (153 posts) -

I'll maybe turn the volume down *_*

#9 Posted by AndrewB (7491 posts) -

Man, Mitsuru is a real badass.

#10 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

@Phatmac: I have no problem with what they're saying I'm just worried its going to be too distracting.

#11 Posted by Zeik (2222 posts) -

The constant talking is pretty much the same as Blazblue. It's annoying at first, but honestly you usually don't even notice in the heat of battle.

Now training mode on the other hand, turn that shit off or you'll go insane.

#12 Posted by falconpunch (177 posts) -

hmmm... maybe a little less Rise

#13 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

It's a little weird to have Rise cheer for both sides, but the amount of talking doesn't bother me.

#14 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

@falconpunch said:

hmmm... maybe a little less Rise

Rise I know you can turn off.

#15 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

They are talking all the time. Sounds like an Arc game.

#16 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

That's common for Ark system games , after a while you won't notice it at least I don't mind it because I care and know about characters in this game, cannot say the same about Blazblue where they were just talking nonsense.

#17 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1590 posts) -

Is "Captain Ressentiment" a reference to that one class question? That's ridiculous.

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (35995 posts) -

Well, at least Teddie kinda sounds like Dave Wittenberg.

#19 Posted by Hailinel (23886 posts) -
@AngelN7

That's common for Ark system games , after a while you won't notice it at least I don't mind it because I care and know about characters in this game, cannot say the same about Blazblue where they were just talking nonsense.

They're not talking nonsense if you know the story. P4A would be just as nonsensical without context.
#20 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

Seems pretty similar to BlazBlue- though if anything it has slightly more chatter due to Rise's commentary. (Especially when she works for both sides. :P )

Not a huge deal really- especially since the voices themselves don't seem to be terrible. So it could've been a lot worse than this. :P

#21 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

Added more footage to OP. Yosuke vs Labrys and Yosuke vs Aigis.

@SpunkyHePanda said:

Is "Captain Ressentiment" a reference to that one class question? That's ridiculous.

I sure hope so.

#22 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@AngelN7

They're not talking nonsense if you know the story. P4A would be just as nonsensical without context.

Still playing the story I didn't get much sense for most of the stuff they were talking about , in this case I had a whole game to understand Personas and Robot girls not that it should matter how you get that context the Gulty Gear characters where just like that but I didn't mind then.

#23 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Well, at least Teddie kinda sounds like Dave Wittenberg.

yeah sounds better than I had originally thought. Not as good, but who is really

#24 Edited by Yadilie (380 posts) -

It's like you guys have never played or seen BlazBlue. Every single character in BlazBlue has lines for specific characters. Every move has voice string attached to it for both characters. This is nothing new from Arc System Works.

#25 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

Man Aigis's english voice fucking sucks

#26 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@Bocam said:

which is funny since she does such a good job as Nanako

#27 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Yupp, yupp, yupp.

#28 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

@Yadilie said:

It's like you guys have never played or seen BlazBlue. Every single character in BlazBlue has lines for specific characters. Every move has voice string attached to it for both characters. This is nothing new from Arc System Works.

That's because I haven't ever played an Arc System Works game before.

#29 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

@Animasta: She doesn't even try to sound robotic.

#30 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Bocam said:

Pretty sure that is a conscious decision. Its been 2 years since P3 and Aigis has been getting more and more human. She had the robotic voice thing going on in P3 and P3P.
#31 Posted by iAmJohn (6108 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

Yup.

#32 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Did you play Persona 3? She tried too hard to sound robotic! Also she sound less robotic due to her becoming more human like. Also the Japanese voice never sounded robotic.

#33 Posted by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

Wow, just watched. Crosstalk is annoying no matter the context.

#34 Posted by Bocam (3670 posts) -

@JeanLuc: The Japanese voice sounded robotic it the way she talked.

@mutha3: I forgot about that

#35 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1590 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

@Bocam said:

Did you play Persona 3? She tried too hard to sound robotic! Also she sound less robotic due to her becoming more human like. Also the Japanese voice never sounded robotic.

I thought her voice was fine. I just... didn't want a robot in that game to begin with.

#36 Posted by Aleryn (703 posts) -

I can see it both ways, I think they should just provide a toggle or slider for the in-fight quotes linked to attacks.

#37 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

My only major complaint so far is that they talk to much. It gets a bit annoying. I may end up using the Japanese voices, not because I dislike the English voices, but because its less irritating when I can't understand them. Any one less feel this way? I do want to say that I love the announcer's voice. Its great.

Yep, I think you might be right. Combine with the fact that they couldn't get all of the original cast, I kinda want to play this game in Japanese.

#38 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Bocam said:

@JeanLuc: The Japanese voice sounded robotic it the way she talked.

She does? Because I've heard she just talks in an archaic/formal way, but pretty much sounds like a normal Japanese girl otherwise.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmBHY-PCwM

Voice clips of her don't sound robotic to my western ears, at least.
#39 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

This really. Ark always does it.

#40 Edited by Bocam (3670 posts) -

@mutha3: It's hard to explain but basically the way Aigis ends her sentences in Japanese is a common way robots talk in anime/eroge/manga.

#41 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@JeanLuc said:

@Bocam said:

I thought her voice was fine. I just... didn't want a robot in that game to begin with.

molest my cpu minato kun

#42 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@JeanLuc said:

@Bocam said:

molest my cpu minato kun

Yeeeeeeeeeees.

#43 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1590 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@JeanLuc said:

@Bocam said:

molest my cpu minato kun

Yeeeeeeeeeees.

Girl, I ran a diagnostic on you from across the room. Looks like you could use some more RAM.

#44 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@JeanLuc said:

@Bocam said:

molest my cpu minato kun

Yeeeeeeeeeees.

Girl, I ran a diagnostic on you from across the room. Looks like you could use some more RAM.

yeah, well, my graphics card has the highest memory if you know what I mean

#45 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@JeanLuc said:

@Bocam said:

molest my cpu minato kun

Yeeeeeeeeeees.

No idea what the fuck is going on here, but I'm intrigued.

#46 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@JeanLuc said:

@Bocam said:

molest my cpu minato kun

Yeeeeeeeeeees.

No idea what the fuck is going on here, but I'm intrigued.

sorry you don't have the right OS for this

#47 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

You guys are scarying me -_-

I don't hear anything bad with the voices. For Aegis, she has more emotion to her now so it could be that we're not use her new speaking pattern.

#48 Posted by obcdexter (577 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@JeanLuc said:

@Bocam said:

molest my cpu minato kun

Yeeeeeeeeeees.

Don't bother, guys. Aigis' motherboard only supports my special processing unit, anyway. 12 pins, fat cooler - no need to ever overclock that piece of hard ware.

#49 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

you guys are sick.

#50 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@obcdexter said:

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Animasta said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@JeanLuc said:

@Bocam said:

molest my cpu minato kun

Yeeeeeeeeeees.

Don't bother, guys. Aigis' motherboard only supports my special processing unit, anyway. 12 pins, fat cooler - no need to ever overclock that piece of hard ware.

Yeah well your DVD-RW only goes up to 4x speed, so how could you satisfy anyone?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.