blasphemy

Avatar image for mutha3
#1 Edited by mutha3 (5048 posts) -
Avatar image for rjayb89
#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7810 posts) -
Online
Avatar image for mooseymcman
#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12461 posts) -

What? I...can't fathom...

Avatar image for mutha3
#4 Edited by mutha3 (5048 posts) -

To be fair, I think Erin Fitzgerald is a great VA as well. She just isn't Chie, though! 

 @MooseyMcMan said:

What? I...can't fathom...



I know!
 
Dude, I know!
Avatar image for bocam
#5 Posted by Bocam (4099 posts) -

Japanese Chie is the only Chie for me. Thank god for crazy Japanese fans that will boycott a game if their waifu's voice isn't the same.

Avatar image for immortalsaiyan
#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4748 posts) -

Well, that sucks. What character would I know this Erin from?

Avatar image for cloudenvy
#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Japanese Chie is the only Chie for me. Thank god for crazy Japanese fans that will boycott a game if their waifu's voice isn't the same.

Japanese Chie is the right Chie.

Avatar image for punisherkaos
#8 Posted by punisherkaos (330 posts) -

Does her orginal va not do va anymore?

Avatar image for hailinel
#9 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

Unfortunately, these things happen. Certainly isn't the end of the world, though I do wonder why the change occurred.

Avatar image for twilitend656
#10 Posted by TwilitEnd656 (610 posts) -

Read post, go "WAT." Realize English Chie, "oh, well... Sucks for those who prefer English VOs."

Avatar image for bocam
#11 Posted by Bocam (4099 posts) -
@ImmortalSaiyan Erica from Catherine

@Cloudenvy Damn right she is.
Avatar image for scarace360
#12 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Unfortunately, these things happen. Certainly isn't the end of the world, though I do wonder why the change occurred.

THE WORLDS ON FIRE AND WHERE ALL GONNA DIE ONLY CHIE CAN SAVE US NOW!

Avatar image for mutha3
#13 Edited by mutha3 (5048 posts) -
@TwilitEnd656: You're looking at the wrong forum, son. If this was about JP Chie, it probably wouldn't even get a mention on these boards.
 

@punisherkaos

said:

Does her orginal va not do va anymore?


Nah, she just doesn't do videogames. I'm betting her role in P4 was a "right place, right time" thing for Atlus. 
@Bocam said:

@ImmortalSaiyan Erica from Catherine

@Cloudenvy Damn right she is.


@Cloudenvy said:

@Bocam said:

Japanese Chie is the only Chie for me. Thank god for crazy Japanese fans that will boycott a game if their waifu's voice isn't the same.

Japanese Chie is the right Chie.



 
itt: dumb crazy poopheads
 
@Hailinel said:

Unfortunately, these things happen. Certainly isn't the end of the world, though I do wonder why the change occurred.


it is the end of the world. everything is over. might as well slit my wrists!!!!!!
Avatar image for mikegosot
#14 Posted by MikeGosot (3237 posts) -
Well, i like Erin Fitzgerald. I just hope that her voice is not too different.
 
@Cloudenvy said:

@Bocam said:

Japanese Chie is the only Chie for me. Thank god for crazy Japanese fans that will boycott a game if their waifu's voice isn't the same.

Japanese Chie is the right Chie.

You people are INSANE! Japanese Chie is so... Annoying and.. UGH!
Avatar image for fluxwavez
#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

I don't really care, especially since it's Chie. It'll start mattering to me if other VAs get replaced.

Avatar image for mooseymcman
#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12461 posts) -

Now that I've come back to my senses, I can make some sort of coherent statement.

I was already not very interested in this game (because the only part of Persona 4 I care about is story, and this thing looks pretty light on story), but this pretty much confirms that I shan't be buying it.

Avatar image for bocam
#17 Posted by Bocam (4099 posts) -

Well American Chie sounds like a 40 year old woman.

Avatar image for alternate
#18 Posted by alternate (2812 posts) -

someone youtube link to some jap chie for reference, plz.

Avatar image for superwristbands
#19 Posted by SuperWristBands (2281 posts) -

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Original English Chie is the only Chie. I'm also not too excited about the person replacing her. She has a fine "anime" voice but from what I have heard she isn't the best at delivering lines.
 
Also, I probably have a ridiculous amount of nostalgia goin' on for the original Chie.

Avatar image for mutha3
#20 Posted by mutha3 (5048 posts) -
@alternate said:

someone youtube link to some jap chie for reference, plz.

here is squeeky anime voice 21123# 
  
  
 
 compare and contrast with the real chie satonaka(TM)
  
Avatar image for punisherkaos
#21 Posted by punisherkaos (330 posts) -

This has me more concerned for golden honestly. I mean are they gonna have the orginal voice for old lines and the new voice for the new scenes like they do with blazblye cs extend cause it was really weird In that game and those where characters that im not nearly as familiar with

Avatar image for ricetopher
#22 Posted by ricetopher (1077 posts) -

If Troy Baker gets replaced, then I might be upset, but if there's a voice language select option then I would just switch to Japanese (which I might do anyway since characters in ASW fighters don't know when to shut up)

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

I was already not very interested in this game (because the only part of Persona 4 I care about is story, and this thing looks pretty light on story)

It will have a dedicated Story Mode that may be lengthy. Atlus has said that the story is canon, that it's an official sequel to Persona 4 and that they're going to be the ones working on it, not Arc System Works. So I don't think this is a valid criticism.

Avatar image for animasta
#24 Edited by Animasta (14856 posts) -

Sorry Chie's voice was probably the worst out of the main cast (well... her or Naoto) and while I ironically like 'aha, is this our chance?' it was not actually good voice acting.

bring on Erin! Erica had great voice acting

@ricetopher: now THAT would be blasphemy, Troy Baker is the best <3

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
#25 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (756 posts) -

Cancelling my pre-order.

Avatar image for irrelevantjohn
#26 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1184 posts) -

This happens all the time but I don't think a fighting game will be long enough for anyone to forget Chie's original voice actor though.

Avatar image for mooseymcman
#27 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12461 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

I was already not very interested in this game (because the only part of Persona 4 I care about is story, and this thing looks pretty light on story)

It will have a dedicated Story Mode that may be lengthy. Atlus has said that the story is canon, that it's an official sequel to Persona 4 and that they're going to be the ones working on it, not Arc System Works. So I don't think this is a valid criticism.

Eh, well...er...uh...

In my defense, I haven't kept up with the game at all, and I was operating under the assumption that only Mortal Kombat games had story modes.

But so far as I'm concerned, if Chie sounds different, and if the main dude isn't Charlie Tunoku, it ain't canon.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#28 Posted by Redhotchilimist (1129 posts) -

That's a shame, I really like her voice in P4. Can't stand her japanese one. I hope the new actress can do a decent impression.

Avatar image for eroticfishcake
#29 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

B-b-but I loved Chie in the English dub! In fact, P4 was actually the first game whose dub I really enjoyed overall. Oh well, I dunno who this lady is but I'll give her a pass for now. At least Troy Baker is still voicing Kanji. I love that guy (the character and the VA that is.)

Avatar image for bocam
#30 Posted by Bocam (4099 posts) -
@mutha3
@alternate said:

someone youtube link to some jap chie for reference, plz.

here is squeeky anime voice 21123# 
  
  
 
 compare and contrast with the real chie satonaka(TM)
  
Horie Yui has the voice of a goddess. Unlike American Chie's granny voice.


Avatar image for superwristbands
#31 Posted by SuperWristBands (2281 posts) -
@punisherkaos said:
 I mean are they gonna have the orginal voice for old lines and the new voice for the new scenes like they do with blazblye cs extend cause it was really weird In that game and those where characters that im not nearly as familiar with
Oh man. Whose voices did they change? Some of those characters became very memorable but I haven't picked up the new BlazBlue yet. The answer could bum me out :p
Avatar image for alistercat
#32 Posted by AlisterCat (6956 posts) -

I will be upset if the new lines in Persona 4 The Golden are done by this new voice actress and not in line with the rest of the game.

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#33 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

At least Troy Baker is still voicing Kanji. I love that guy (the character and the VA that is.)

We don't know that yet, do we? As far as I know, the only English voice actor who's been confirmed is Karen Strassman, who said she's going to be reprising her role as Aigis and Nanako Dojima in Persona 4 Arena.

Avatar image for cloudenvy
#34 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Bocam: Fuck yeah, Horie Yui is one of my favorite VA's.

Avatar image for rjayb89
#35 Posted by rjayb89 (7810 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

I will be upset if the new lines in Persona 4 The Golden are done by this new voice actress and not in line with the rest of the game.

"Upset" wouldn't even be the half of it as far as I'm concerned.

Online
Avatar image for superwristbands
#36 Posted by SuperWristBands (2281 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@eroticfishcake said:

At least Troy Baker is still voicing Kanji. I love that guy (the character and the VA that is.)

We don't know that yet, do we? As far as I know, the only English voice actor who's been confirmed is Karen Strassman, who said she's going to be reprising her role as Aigis and Nanako Dojima in Persona 4 Arena.

While we don't know yet... but c'mon. It's Troy Baker! He's like Nolan North and Yuri Lowenthal combined! (in terms of prevalence)
Avatar image for yoshimitz707
#37 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2539 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@eroticfishcake said:

At least Troy Baker is still voicing Kanji. I love that guy (the character and the VA that is.)

We don't know that yet, do we? As far as I know, the only English voice actor who's been confirmed is Karen Strassman, who said she's going to be reprising her role as Aigis and Nanako Dojima in Persona 4 Arena.

I think if he can show up to do his Kanji voice in RE6, he can show up for this.

Avatar image for bocam
#38 Posted by Bocam (4099 posts) -

I now want Adachi to be voiced by D.C Douglas.

Avatar image for mutha3
#39 Edited by mutha3 (5048 posts) -
@Cloudenvy said:

@Bocam: Fuck yeah, Horie Yui is one of my favorite VA's.

"horie yui" more like "durrr-im-dumb-durrrie yuicantvoiceact"
 
american chie's got heart, man. soul. magic. whatever.
 

@Bocam

said:

Horie Yui has the voice of a goddess. Unlike American Chie's granny voice.

i think i've heard the voice of the goddess in every anime out of every female anime character ever then
Avatar image for fluxwavez
#40 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

Sure but I'm going to maintain the level of cynicism I had in this thread:

They're "trying their best". Next thing you know, everyone's voiced by someone different except for Kanji.

Which, I guess, means I'm certain Troy Baker will be voicing Kanji again. Hopefully.

Avatar image for spunkyhepanda
#41 Edited by SpunkyHePanda (2012 posts) -

Devastating.

@Bocam said:

Well American Chie sounds like a 40 year old woman.

I felt this way initially, but I came around. She just sounds like Chie now. Ah, Chie...

Now, Yukiko's voice I am not a huge fan of.

Avatar image for iamjohn
#42 Posted by iAmJohn (6209 posts) -

FUCK
THIS
SHIT

Avatar image for animasta
#43 Posted by Animasta (14856 posts) -

@Bocam said:

I now want Adachi to be voiced by D.C Douglas.

NO! Adachi's voice is perfect D:

Avatar image for hailinel
#44 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

Now that I've come back to my senses, I can make some sort of coherent statement.

I was already not very interested in this game (because the only part of Persona 4 I care about is story, and this thing looks pretty light on story), but this pretty much confirms that I shan't be buying it.

Actually, the home version is supposed to have a full story mode written by Atlus and is considered a canon sequel.

Avatar image for mutha3
#45 Edited by mutha3 (5048 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: I'd probably be more upset if they ditched Kanji, yeah. His was the best! Or Teddie. That voice could have very easily turned out to be super irritating(see: japanese teddie)
 
@SpunkyHePanda said:

Now, Yukiko's voice I am not a huge fan of.


I don't really have much of an opinion on Yukiko's VA either way. Its fine, if a little bland(which totally fits the character in my book!)
 
Naoto's the only real weak link in the P4 cast, imo, in terms of VA. The English version immediately gives away the big plot twist.
Avatar image for rehtayne
#46 Posted by Rehtayne (131 posts) -

As long as it's just Chie. She's the most expendable of the gang in my book.

Avatar image for bocam
#47 Posted by Bocam (4099 posts) -
@mutha3 Well that's because Horie Yui gets around. She's like the town bike.
Avatar image for hailinel
#48 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

@SuperWristBands said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Original English Chie is the only Chie. I'm also not too excited about the person replacing her. She has a fine "anime" voice but from what I have heard she isn't the best at delivering lines. Also, I probably have a ridiculous amount of nostalgia goin' on for the original Chie.

I think you're forgetting "Aha, is this our chance?" if you want to talk about poor line readings.

Avatar image for animasta
#49 Posted by Animasta (14856 posts) -

: Every single other voice actor is a video gaming staple, they'll get the rest back.

Avatar image for iamjohn
#50 Posted by iAmJohn (6209 posts) -

@Rehtayne said:

As long as it's just Chie. She's the most expendable of the gang in my book.

You are the worst.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.