DLC?

• 51 results
#1 Posted by Bloo561 (109 posts) -

What kind of dlc (if any) would you like to see in P4A? I like more stages to fight in and personality (i know its a pipe dream) I would like more fighters like Junpei. They don't even have to be story wise I would like to see how they have been after x(i can't remember the years between persona 3 and arena) amount of years. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -

junpei and yukari are the easy choices, but I'd like to see Maya (or Eiketchi) personally.

well most of all I'd love to see Raidou Kuzunoha (and his persona, Raiho) or the demi fiend but that's probably never going to happen ;_;

#3 Edited by Dixavd (1358 posts) -
#4 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -

@Dixavd said:

The Protagonist of Persona 3 (I don't care if he is dead or "sealed" or whatever story-wise, I just want to play as the main character from 3) and Yukari!

He could work since any character that's DLC wouldn't really be story related and at that point is just fan service.

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Fox.

#6 Posted by StarvingGamer (8220 posts) -

Characters. All of them.

#7 Posted by YI_Orange (1147 posts) -

I may never play this game, but Demi-Fiend from Nocturne. Or Seraph/Serph from DDS

#8 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I would not be surprised if Junpei and Yukari were DLC.

#9 Posted by drac96 (670 posts) -

@Dixavd said:

The Protagonist of Persona 3 (I don't care if he is dead or "sealed" or whatever story-wise, I just want to play as the main character from 3) and Yukari!

Well, that's a spoiler for anyone who wants to play Persona 3.

#10 Posted by Xymox (2088 posts) -

Yukari and Junpei are obvious picks. But I'd like to see Chidori and Shinjiro. I think that would work pretty well, plus, they're awesome.

For stages I would want to see a stage based on Mitsuo's video game style dungeon. That's pretty much it. Maybe stripclub, hot sauna? Not sure if they're in. Probably not.

#11 Posted by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

More narrators other then the ones that are already DLC (Fuuka and Nanako) like Elizabeth or Margaret. Hell, who wouldn't want Igor :D

@Xymox said:

But I'd like to see Chidori and Shinjiro. I think that would work pretty well, plus, they're awesome.

Yeah and Akihiko will be like "WTF, but your dead!" Shinjiro - "I came back to tell you to put a fucking shirt on!"

#12 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

@drac96: Oh Right sorry. I am just so used to people on these boards talking about it so openly since it has been over 4 years since it had been out in Japan, North America and Europe. And so many people talk about spoilers to Persona 4 all the time along with the premise of this game of it happening after both of them (not to mention it isn't even treated as a spoiler and is instead a prerequisite for people talking about FES's "The Answer"). I am just so used to it being common knowledge on these boards that I forgot it was a spoiler for P3.

I'll edit a spoiler block for it!

#13 Posted by Xymox (2088 posts) -

@metalsnakezero said:

More narrators other then the ones that are already DLC (Fuuka and Nanako) like Elizabeth or Margaret. Hell, who wouldn't want Igor :D

@Xymox said:

But I'd like to see Chidori and Shinjiro. I think that would work pretty well, plus, they're awesome.

Yeah and Akihiko will be like "WTF, but your dead!" Shinjiro - "I came back to tell you to put a fucking shirt on!"

haha, that would be great :)

and also, wait... Nanako can be a commentator?! Might have to main Yu for a while if that's the case. "You can do it, Big bro!".

Igor could be fun, especially if he's no help at all and spends the entire match sounding really deep using contextual words of wisdom.

#14 Posted by Adaurin (187 posts) -

KOROMARU! That is all that needs to be said!

#15 Edited by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

@Adaurin said:

Holy crap, YES! It'll be like Amaterasu from MvC3 all over again!

#16 Posted by Nux (2353 posts) -

Shinjiro. They need to put him in if they do DLC characters.

#17 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Shinjiro or Dojima for sure.

#18 Posted by Alpha1 (254 posts) -

Funky student

#19 Posted by Bocam (3742 posts) -

IS version Tatsuya

#20 Posted by Hunter5024 (5667 posts) -

Lots of spoilers in this thread... I'd want to see some Persona 3 characters, because I have boring opinions.

#21 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -

@Bocam said:

IS version Tatsuya

that wouldn't make story sense though D:

#22 Posted by Bocam (3742 posts) -

@Animasta: According to spoilers, it would. Nyarlathotep being back and Parallel Dimensions

#23 Edited by Animasta (14689 posts) -

@Bocam: well I don't see how parallel dimensions is a spoiler (they say as much in Nocturne, if i remember right) but I suppose you're right. Raidou, at least, would make more sense because he can travel through time in the Akarana corridor and potentially leave or something.

#24 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

@Bocam said:

IS version Tatsuya

Yes a billion times yes!

Maybe Lisa? Lisa vs Chie, think about it.

#25 Posted by c_rakestraw (852 posts) -

@metalsnakezero said:

@Adaurin said:

Holy crap, YES! It'll be like Amaterasu from MvC3 all over again!

I like this idea.

Hey, Atlus -- if you're reading this, make it happen!

#26 Posted by Seroth (718 posts) -

Mr. Morooka with Mara as his Persona.

#27 Posted by MetalBaofu (1377 posts) -

Considering my username, I'm going to have to say Baofu.

#28 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

I hope there's no DLC because the region locking makes it a hassle for me since I use a US PSN account on a NZ PS3 =(

#29 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

I hope there's no DLC because the region locking makes it a hassle for me since I use a US PSN account on a NZ PS3 =(

There already is DLC in the form of alternate colors and voice navigators on the Japanese PSN. The navigators are unlockable through playing the game, but the DLC alternate colors are not.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an extra character or two, either.

#30 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

There already is DLC in the form of alternate colors and voice navigators on the Japanese PSN. The navigators are unlockable through playing the game, but the DLC alternate colors are not.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an extra character or two, either.

Damn guess I'll have to make another account. I want every color!

#31 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4483 posts) -
#32 Posted by thefaulconer (65 posts) -

Hitler.

In all seriousness though it'd be great to see a bad guy like Adachi or something.

#33 Posted by Adaurin (187 posts) -
@JeanLuc Thanks for quoting that spoiler for Persona 3 with spoiler tags... Was just about to finish Persona 3 in time for Arena.
#34 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -
@Adaurin
@JeanLuc Thanks for quoting that spoiler for Persona 3 with spoiler tags... Was just about to finish Persona 3 in time for Arena.
Oh sorry duder, my bad. I didn't realize it didn't keep the spoiler tag.
#35 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Why has nobody said Funky Student?

#36 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

I'll just wait for the Persona 4 Arena Extend Ultimate Climax Ver before I pick up any of the DLC. I kind of head a feeling they'd be selling announcers or w/e like they did in BB.

#37 Posted by Willtron (243 posts) -

Characters seem hella unlikely for a sprite-based fighter, unfortunately.

I would love to see some Personas for Charlie/the protagonist, though. I mean, he's Zero after all. Let fans vote on their favourite five Personas or something.

Unfortunately those are all sprite-based, too, so that'd be hella nigh-on impossible. :(

#38 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Hitler with sunglasses from 2!

#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

@Willtron said:

Characters seem hella unlikely for a sprite-based fighter, unfortunately.

Huh? What about BlazBlue: Continuum Shift?

#40 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1664 posts) -

Outside of main party members: Adachi, the members of Strega, and maybe... Vincent and Catherine?

#41 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Shinjiro for sure.

#42 Posted by Willtron (243 posts) -

From my understanding, considering that every move is a new sprite, that's a looooooottt of work to do for a character. And it takes up a lot of time to make a new character. So the work can certainly be done, but it's just a hella lot of work.

#43 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

@Willtron said:

From my understanding, considering that every move is a new sprite, that's a looooooottt of work to do for a character. And it takes up a lot of time to make a new character. So the work can certainly be done, but it's just a hella lot of work.

Well, obviously. That's why they'd be $8-$10 a piece. ASW has already set precedence for DLC characters with BB:CS, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see some for P4A as well.

#44 Posted by Willtron (243 posts) -
Due to Arc System's business practices among other things, it was hinted that new characters and content might be added in the future as DLC. Viewing the official site's source code reveals a place holder for a "syuyaku", a possible alternate romanization of 主役 ('shuyaku'; "leading part", "leading actor") or 集約 ('shuuyaku'; "intensive", "collected", "summarized").

On the wiki. Hrmmmmmm.

#45 Posted by Orange_Pork (595 posts) -

Some P2 characters. Everyone in that game is great. Would love to see Eikichi show up and just start cussing dudes out.

#46 Posted by StalkingTurnip (150 posts) -

I have said this before and I will say it again Funky Student riding Mysterious Fox.

#47 Posted by Zeik (2416 posts) -

@Orange_Pork: Eikichi is like 30 now. I'm sure he's matured at least a bit by now.

#48 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

For me, I would want Katsuya Suou from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. A close second and third would be Raidou and the Demi-Fiend. But man, Katsuya would be badass. I'd like to see him

beat the ever loving crap out of Adachi. "You're a disgrace to the badge. Dead or alive, I'm taking you in! *pushes up the sweet Cyclops-esque ruby glasses*"
#49 Posted by Orange_Pork (595 posts) -

@Zeik: Eikichi? Hells no, he'll be 80 years old still wearing eyeliner, slapping people and then giving them his autograph.

#50 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

@Xymox said:

Yukari and Junpei are obvious picks. But I'd like to see Chidori and Shinjiro. I think that would work pretty well, plus, they're awesome.

There are actually human beings on this planet who like Chidori?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.