DLC Ideas?

#1 Edited by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

I know there isn't plans for any character's at the moment, so I was wondering what other DLC could they do in the vein of the Glasses Pack?

Something I want personally is the option to change the P4 character's personas to their Ultimate or Golden forms. I know that means drawing all new sprites but I think that would be awesome.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14730 posts) -

that'll change how the characters play, in some cases; Naoto's ultimate persona is twice as big as sukuna hikona, for example.

#3 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -
@Animasta: Character dlc packs with ultimate persona forms that have completely different move sets.  I'd take that.
#4 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@Animasta: I guess but we're dreaming here and couldn't it just be cosmetic?

#5 Posted by Brodehouse (10138 posts) -
@Turambar At that point I'd rather have all new dudes, like the P3 no shows or Rise or even Adachi (he could play like Hazama!)

I don't know if there's anything else I'd want that would be feasible in DLC. I'd rather have Arena 2 announced for 2013 with three new dudes and a new story. Then again, they found an ingenious way of justifying a fighting tournament in this one that they couldn't do again. So maybe not.
#6 Posted by Irvandus (2900 posts) -

I could see Adachi being added in the future. I'm going to hope for Junpei but I doubt that will happen.

Non character related I would like some new stages not set in TV World Yasogami high. Just somewhere new would be nice, like one of the old dungeons.

#7 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@Irvandus: Yeah as much as I want P2 characters, I think Atlus and Arc just aren't going to add new characters.

#8 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

I still want that rumored "Dojima with Nanako as his persona attacks" idea that was probably fake, but sounded wonderful.

#9 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I'd probably buy a battle music pack. I'd like to have Burn My Dread or Wiping All Out as battle music.

#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@Morbid_Coffee said:

I still want that rumored "Dojima with Nanako as his persona attacks" idea that was probably fake, but sounded wonderful.

It wasn't fake and it wasn't a rumor.

#11 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@SuperWristBands: Maybe not battle music, but I want to listen to Never More and Kimi no Kioku

#12 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@SmasheControllers: I'd totally take those for battle music in P4A. Sun too. Love the energy in that song. Hell, I'd take pretty much any P3 or P4 song and happily use it as battle music.
#13 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@SuperWristBands: Oh man, I didn't love P3P but Sun is... something else.

#14 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: All the more reason for them to add him in P4A: Part 2.

There is going to be a part 2. This is an ArcSys fighting game.

#15 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@Morbid_Coffee

@FluxWaveZ: All the more reason for them to add him in P4A: Part 2.

There is going to be a part 2. This is an ArcSys fighting game.

It's an Atlus game that leads into Persona 5.
#16 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

I would pay 10 dollars to be able to change Yu's name to Charlie.

#17 Posted by Irvandus (2900 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash said:

No Charlie should be a separate character. His attacks look more clumsy then Yu's, he has Vinny's voice, his persona is Trumpeter, and he'll occasionally brake his own combos by randomly casting bufu.

#18 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Any character would be good. I remember seeing that fan made image of Tatsuya and his brother from Persona 2. I'd be okay with that. I'd also like to see a possibility of the main character of P3, whether it be male or female, make it into the roster.

#19 Edited by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash: I'd pay any amount of money for Teddie's old voice actor, I like Chie's new voice actress, but Teddie's is awful.

@Joeyoe31: Yeah though... well no spoilers in this thread, I think if they do add character the should be non-canonical or they'd have to contrive a lot for some of those older characters.

#20 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Another cool DLC would be some alternative costumes. All the "second edition" of the newer persona games has had outfits for characters in battle. I'm saying just take some of those and put them in the game. Although since this is an Arc Sys Work game I doubt it. We'll probably see more COLOR packs though.

#21 Posted by BlindRapture (106 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

@ChadMasterFlash said:

No Charlie should be a separate character. His attacks look more clumsy then Yu's, he has Vinny's voice, his persona is Trumpeter, and he'll occasionally brake his own combos by randomly casting bufu.

Best idea ever. Obligatory "Shut up and take my money!"

#22 Posted by Mousse_gallon (213 posts) -

I would love to be able to have Yu look like Raidou Kuzunoha (from Devil Summoners) Also maybe being able to dress characters in outfits from p1-p3 example being the school uniforms from p1 and p2 for the p4 cast.

#23 Posted by sub_o (913 posts) -

DLC to allow us to change the name from Yuu Narukami to Charlie Tunoku and Charlie Tuna.

#24 Posted by Animasta (14730 posts) -

I don't think they do another persona fighting game that continues the story... but I could totally see a SMT fighting game capitalizing on it.

#25 Posted by Bloo561 (103 posts) -

more stages please?

#26 Posted by Bigheart711 (1240 posts) -

Elizabeth as a Navigator sounds interesting. I don't think she'll ever be unlockable in Score Attack when you get any possible DLC characters, but the thought of it would be funny.

#27 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@Bigheart711 said:

Elizabeth as a Navigator sounds interesting. I don't think she'll ever be unlockable in Score Attack when you get any possible DLC characters, but the thought of it would be funny.

That would be amazing.

#28 Edited by Mousse_gallon (213 posts) -

how about the ability to swap Elizabeth with Theodore

#29 Posted by Irvandus (2900 posts) -

@Mousse_gallon: Is Theodore cannon? Also why can't I turn of Italics?

#30 Posted by Animasta (14730 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

well I think it's canon that he exists, but not that he helped MC from P3.

#31 Edited by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@Irvandus: No, he's not since he's only available for the Female Protagonist and with P3M coming which has Minato as the MC. I gonna say he's not canon, but what do I know?

edit:@Animasta said:

@Irvandus said:

That makes more sense.

#32 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

@Irvandus: No, he's not since he's only available for the Female Protagonist and with P3M coming which has Minato as the MC. I gonna say he's not canon, but what do I know?

edit:@Animasta said:

@Irvandus said:

That makes more sense.

Not only that, but going as far back as the original Persona, there are a number of characters that have resided in the Velvet Room like Nameless, Belladonna, and the Demon Painter. The notion of Theodore and yet others residing there isn't that farfetched.

#33 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

Costume packs. And I guess some of the Persona 3 dudes?

I could also go for more soundtrack.

#34 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3828 posts) -

I get a feeling if there's going to be dlc its probably going to come in a new disc. BlazeBlue and Guilty Gear have been known to do it with their tons of iterations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.