Do not spoil Persona 4 Arena (P4A Spoiler Thread)

• 124 results
#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

As has become the trend with recent Atlus games (Catherine, Persona 4 Golden), Atlus really doesn't want you to spoil Persona 4 Arena for the people who aren't able to get it yet. With Catherine, posting spoilers meant you risked dying in a block puzzle nightmare; now spoiling P4A via posting videos, video feeds or Tweets will simply give you a death curse and other bad curses.

All spoilers concerning this game should be posted in this thread (like the P4G thread), at least until the game's officially released in NA.

#2 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

When does the game come out in Japan?

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

When does the game come out in Japan?

Thursday.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14713 posts) -

oh no elizabeth is going to cast megidolaon D:

#5 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Like always, plenty of people already got their hands on this game over in Japan.

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

@mutha3: Yeah, apparently. Kind of curious if anyone has firsthand info on the region lock, not that I'm expecting something different from what Atlus have stated.

#7 Posted by metalsnakezero (2318 posts) -

@Animasta: Don't do it Elizabeth, I wont spoil anything!

#8 Posted by _Soki_ (101 posts) -

Ha that's awesome.

#9 Posted by Vashyron (209 posts) -

I'd rather not risk a death curse from someone who is rocking Thanatos as her persona. I'll await 2 weeks to play it rather than seeking and spreading spoilers.

#10 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

Can't confirm for sure but... Shadow Ryoji is the Bad End boss, should you kill Minato for real...

Apologies if this turns out to be false.

And here are some musics.

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

@NIveous: Haha... dude, you've just been trolled.

#12 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@NIveous: Wait what?

#13 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@NIveous:

Comments disabled: Too many people trolling the video and posting large segments of the leaked storyline script from 2ch and NicoNico.

It's fake

#14 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

@Bocam: Yeah, I know. It was fun for the minute it lasted... and then I used my brain. Apologies for being stupid!

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

Here's an image I posted in the wiki that probably contains a bunch of spoilers. Haven't analyzed it enough to tell and I won't:

#16 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

Erebus is in the game,,,, fuck.

#17 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
#18 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I want to read those so badly…

#19 Posted by Bloo561 (113 posts) -

Everybody Don't do it remember the curse my friend posted a spoiler and was sick for a week. DON'T DO IT!

#20 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Huh, reading through some of this. It isn't as grand as I had hoped..

#21 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -
#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap...

oh crap.

Not watching. Person who uploaded these is gonna get cursed real bad.

#23 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap...

oh crap.

Not watching. Person who uploaded these is gonna get cursed real bad.

Those are really early cut scenes.

#24 Posted by JeanLuc (3591 posts) -

@NIveous: Oh fuck you dude. Don't tempt me with those!

#25 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I CAN'T WATCH THOSE VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Those are really early cut scenes.

Doesn't matter. Don't care. Never clicking on this thread again. Until later.

#27 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I clicked on the P4 cast near the TV and I'm liking the voices so far. Chie doesn't sound like her past self at all though.

#28 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

@Bocam: Well, I don't know. Labrys' memories are mid-Aigis (5+6), but that's really the only thing we didn't already know (and even that, you might have guessed from her Shadow's stage design, maybe).

#29 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

I'm going to start posting unmarked spoilers. Those that don't want to get spoiled should leave now.

Malevolent Entity: So these are the limits of a half-broken...puppet... well, no matter This was only...ever for my own enjoyment...

Malevolent Entity: I didn't expect you to fight back this hard,...but didn't you have fun?

Malevolent Entity: You were all taken in by an illusion This...place, these traps, everything came from your...own minds You dread yourselves most of all...

So that's why they re-released Persona 2.

#30 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

@Bocam: Yeah, I was thinking on the same lines. About time he showed up again. Haven't read everything though, so I'm not sure if you can deduce who the human he's using is, or if they just leave you hanging.

#31 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@NIveous said:

@Bocam: Well, I don't know. Labrys' memories are mid-Aigis (5+6), but that's really the only thing we didn't already know (and even that, you might have guessed from her Shadow's stage design, maybe).

They showed her memories in one of the pre-release trailers.

#32 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

End Song.

@Bocam: Ah, never mind then.

#33 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@NIveous: I wonder if that's the "True End" song or just the credits song.

#34 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Wow so they actually brought HIM back? This can only mean good things for the future of the series. I was mostly picking this up as a fighting game fan but man I'm excited to get to story mode at some point now.

#35 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

@ricetopher: It's not said exactly, but it's very heavily implied, yes. Whether he actually makes an appearance if you meet the right conditions, we'll have to wait a little longer to see.

#36 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

January 2010: End of the World forestalled indefinitely

March 2010: Shadows completely gone after 10 years of Dark Hour

Late November 2010: Kirijo requests hearing for special unit

- -during which the “Young Subordinate” of the Chief of Public Security makes snide comments about Mitsuru, is told to shut up, is caught in a pseudo-Dark Hour, and is briefly possessed by a Shadow

May 2011: Shadow Response Unit is formed

Spring 2011: Adachi transferred to Inaba

HMMM

#37 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

Yosuke: She said she wanted to be free... Hey, I made...her a promise I want to see it through...

Yosuke: I guess you could say it's a guy pride thing?

He jokes about it, but there is resolve behind his words

He will not back down from that resolve

What he is really saying is this:

"My feelings for Labrys are as strong as yours"

I smile inwardly, though it does not show on my face

#38 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

Chie 1

#39 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

The translation seems kinda stilted. "It was a fighting show where people were fighting."

#40 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -
#41 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@NIveous said:

Vinny: I think Chie likes girls.

#42 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Man I wish this story mode was given more effort. This isn't the sequel to Persona 4 that I wanted. Guess I shouldn't expect that much from a blazblue fighting story mode. :/

#43 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Man I wish this story mode was given more effort. This isn't the sequel to Persona 4 that I wanted. Guess I shouldn't expect that much from a blazblue fighting story mode. :/

What did you think it was going to be?

#44 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -
#45 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Phatmac: I dunno man, what were you expecting? S-link elements? Story mode seems fun to me so far...maybe a tad too slow at the start, but I dig it.

Part 2 of Chie's story is up, btw.
#46 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@mutha3: Guess I'd like more cutscenes with the group and them talking. I'm not a fan of how the story is being told so far.

#47 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Phatmac: Hm, does everyone's story mode follow the same pattern of"wait why are you acting weird>oh so that's why>I should head to the announcement room>Labrys is a robot lady>shadow confrontation"?

Because if so, then I get why you'd be disappointed. Yeah, that would suck.
#48 Posted by Juno500 (469 posts) -

I watched that first clip of Chie's story and I think I'll be okay with the story mode, if that ends up being a decent representation of it. I won't watch any more of it, not for spoiler reasons, but simply because I know that when I actually play it, it will be boring to go through dialogue and text I've already heard.

#49 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

Man, fuck. Erin just used her shitty ass Midori voice for Chie.

Fuck that. Just awful sounding.

#50 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.