E3 2012 Trailer

#1 Posted by Melanon (58 posts) -

Sounds like they changed voice actors for Teddie and Chie, but everyone else is great.

#2 Posted by Taizy (28 posts) -

Yu's voice really threw me off.

#3 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

@Melanon said:

Sounds like they changed voice actors for Teddie and Chie, but everyone else is great.

So they changed the voice of perhaps the two most distinct voices in the game, except for maybe Kanji. Man, that's a bummer.

#4 Posted by metalsnakezero (2285 posts) -

"Is this an army of idiots? " Yep, thats Naoto alright :D

"You need to eat more meat." And that is indeed Chie :D

"Deep in the realms of romance!" Kanji O_O?

#5 Posted by JeanLuc (3564 posts) -

I can actually get down with Chie's new voice. It sounds like her.

#6 Posted by SilvarusLupus (310 posts) -

Still adjusting to Teddie's new voice, but it's starting to grow on me.

Chie sounds great. People are still gonna bitch though.

And, yep, Naoto had the best line.

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

That was an alright intro I suppose, don't really care about the voices since I'm going with the Japanese language track (as said in another thread, Japanese Chie is the right Chie).

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

You know, it's weird that I find myself saying this, but after watching the entire P4 Animation, I've got no problem playing with the Japanese voices- in fact, I think I prefer it.

#9 Posted by Bocam (3665 posts) -

I'm amazed they kept the Siscon line

#10 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4901 posts) -

The Japanese VO was way better... well except for Kanji and Adachi.

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Yes...Join us on the right side!

#12 Posted by Superkenon (1348 posts) -

As much as I like Johnny, I don't think his voice is subtle enough to properly play "Charlie". Nothing wrong with his grunts from the original game, but... well, I guess I'll have to see. I have a feeling I'll be switching freely between both audio tracks a lot.

In this case, either option should be fun to listen to.

#13 Posted by Karmosin (206 posts) -

I kinda want to play this in english, because I love those voices and connect them more to the characters, but in fighting games it tends to get kinda... Repetetive with the lines. I think that's one reason I prefer often to use japanese voice-tracks in fighting games, I don't understand what they're saying mostly and therefor I feel it's less repetetive.

Too bad about Chies VA, I really liked her voice. Even though I did not always think she was spotless, she had a voice and delivery that was full of personality. I hope this one does a good job. :)

And Teddie... I thought the japanese Teddie (Kuma) often were really annoying and it feels like they're going towards that here. Dave did a terrific job, Teddies voice was kinda bright and whiny but I still really liked it. It didn't make my ears bleed and it carried the character well through the more emotional moments of the game as well. I don't think I'll get used to the new VA anytime soon, but I wish that they'll prove me wrong...

#14 Posted by Irvandus (2772 posts) -

I like Teddies new voice, not a fan of Chies, oh well still can't wait!

#15 Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (682 posts) -

Those character introductions were the appropriate amount of crazy. Count me in!

#16 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

Yeah, just from that little bit of dialogue from Yu, I do feel like he maybe has too much "emotion", if that makes sense. Perhaps I just need to hear more of it.

Trailer got me even more excited for that game. August is so far away.

#17 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

I don't want this game to be another English Sub/Dub debate, please let it go weaboos. I just want to play it in english since it's my language, is that so wrong?

#18 Posted by AxleBro (795 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I don't want this game to be another English Sub/Dub debate, please let it go weaboos. I just want to play it in english since it's my language, is that so wrong?

BUT JAPAN IS A SUPERIOR COUNTRY WHERE YOU CAN BUY PANTIES FROM A VENDING MACHINE, I MEAN I LIKE THEIR CARTOONS SO I OBVIOUSLY UNDERSTAND THEIR CULTURE. YOU JUST DON'T GET IT MAN!

#19 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

@AxleFGK: :(

#20 Posted by AxleBro (795 posts) -

@Phatmac: lol i had capslock on my accident but i feel like that just makes it better....

#21 Posted by Nux (2292 posts) -

I still don't really like Teddie's new voice.

#22 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2050 posts) -

Good thing this has dual voice option. I'll give the new voices a go, but I don't know man...

#23 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1579 posts) -

I hope I can still love you, Chie.

#24 Posted by Animasta (14632 posts) -

Not liking new teddie... new Chie is alright though.

Also the announcer is amazing

#25 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

Man, this trailer's crazy as hell! Looking forward to it! <3

#26 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5035 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

I'll just post this here for anyone who hasn't seen it, but Game Trailers E3 Award for Best Fighting Game very surprisingly was given to Persona 4 Arena.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.