Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

English Tutorial Trailer

Nemestrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nemestrinus
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By metalsnakezero

Yeah, that sounds like Laura Bailey with a little softer tone. But man, that new Teddie voice will be a little hard to get use to.

Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Juno500

Nich said that Teddie's old voice actor wasn't available, but that him and Chie are the only changes.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ricetopher

People are getting too worked up about the Teddie voice to notice that the video says "Summer 2012" at the end, giving even more weight to the Amazon listed release date of August 7th.

Now if there is no Troy Baker, then there won't be a moment of hesitation before I switch to the Japanese voices (assuming its an option)

Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Juno500

@ricetopher said:

People are getting too worked up about the Teddie voice to notice that the video says "Summer 2012" at the end, giving even more weight to the Amazon listed release date of August 7th. Now if there is no Troy Baker, then there won't be a moment of hesitation before I switch to the Japanese voices (assuming its an option)

It was always listed as "Summer 2012", ever since the NA version was announced.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mutha3
    @ricetopher said:
    People are getting too worked up about the Teddie voice to notice that the video says "Summer 2012" at the end, giving even more weight to the Amazon listed release date of August 7th.
    Eh, more like people realize that date is probably true anyway because its happened a million times. Teddie getting replaced  is a huge loss, though:(
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@ricetopher: We already knew that the game was coming out in August about a month ago because of an Atlus PR message that confirmed that from Aram Jabbari. August 7th is the most likely date of release given the dates listed on Amazon and GameStop.

If these are the only two voice actors that won't be in P4A, fine. It sucks, but I'll deal with it. However, it'll be disheartening if other characters are also voiced by different people.

AxleStukov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By AxleStukov

Ugh, Chie being changed I could deal with easily. But Teddie? man it just won't be the same. Rise having cut back on the hyperness is good though.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Yosuke seems to be practicing his Teddie impersonation. Laura Bailey has also seemed to have toned down Rise voice a bit which is fine by me. Its starting to bum be out that both Chie and Teddie have different voices but I can get used to it.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Teddie's balls dropped.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#11  Edited By DonutFever

Teddie kind of sounds like he's being played by egoraptor now. Losing Chie sucks, but her voice should be fairly easy to replicate. But Teddie? Man, shit just got dark.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Phatmac

Teddie's voice is pretty bad regardless if it was changed. I actually like Rise's new voice or her own voice in the trailer. She sounds less annoying.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By SuperWristBands

What is up with Auto Combo? That sounds really lame. Is it like beginner mode? Does it need to be turned on like beginner mode in BlazBlue? Am I missing something that is making me think Auto Combo is horrible but it actually isn't?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Bocam

I just want confirmation on whether or not they'll have the Japanese voices. I really hope I don't have to import a copy.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By metalsnakezero

@SuperWristBands: The Auto Combo still relies on button presses so it isn't a cheap move to do and still allows for easier combo setups. Also the counter moves and breakers help even things out.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Holy shit. Just got around to listening to the trailer and MAN, Teddie's voice is hard to listen to. And I thought his Japanese voice was annoying.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By metalsnakezero

@FluxWaveZ: Like I said in the comments to the video, it could had been their early attempts at Teddie and it may change by the time the game is release.

euro2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By euro2012

Nich claimed that Teddie's outdated express actor wasn't available, but that him and Chie are the only modifications.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#19  Edited By Pepsiman

@metalsnakezero said:

@SuperWristBands: The Auto Combo still relies on button presses so it isn't a cheap move to do and still allows for easier combo setups. Also the counter moves and breakers help even things out.

Just going to add a little to this as somebody who's played a decent amount of the arcade version, but auto-combo is very much so a feature that's only really present for those who either aren't used to fighting game mechanics in general (who Atlus and ArcSys are trying very actively to court) or are at least unaccustomed to how a particular character plays, giving them the ability to know at least one guaranteed way to do damage and look flashy without taking chances on just random button mashing and joystick twirling. They also function as decent training wheels, allowing the player to grasp the general style of a character's attacks, as well as sample a decent amount of their special moves and one of their supers. From a practical standpoint, though, it's almost never your most ideal option to use in any given situation; not only is the game's damage modifier formula for combo hits biased against auto-combo specifically, but the timing is handled such that your character is usually exposed to a pretty easy counterattack since they can't actually move momentarily after finishing it. That's all assuming that you even manage to connect an auto-combo in the first place; given how the character movements and attacks are always the same, it's easy enough to stop someone in their tracks from pulling it off, especially since, as you already pointed out, the game gives each character multiple tools to counteract most any non-instant kill move. If you actually know your character even a little and can get them to combo with their normal move set manually, which, like a lot of other ArcSys games, isn't particularly hard, then you're better served from a timing and damage perspective pretending that the auto-combo doesn't even exist. If you watch high-level tournament players, the auto-combo almost never actually shows up; either they don't use it at all in favor of home-made combos or, at most, they start the auto-combo but cancel it before it finishes to set up a better combo.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel

@euro2012 said:

Nich claimed that Teddie's outdated express actor wasn't available, but that him and Chie are the only modifications.

Outdated express?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.