For the Xbox 360 Better to Install or not?

#1 Edited by Sombrero_Ninja (34 posts) -

I have heard in the past that games with online multi-player shouldn't be installed though this is just a rumor I heard quite a while ago, I was just wondering if this somehow is going to be worse if I don't. I am running on a 20gig hard drive but want the optimal performance.

#2 Posted by xyzygy (9992 posts) -

Always install your games. Some developers even recommend it full out.

#3 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

ALWAYS!

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

The only case in which you shouldn't install was with Halo 3 which actually made the game loads longer because the game was already optimized to run from the disc. That has been the only game like that however.

#5 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

The only case in which you shouldn't install was with Halo 3 which actually made the game loads longer because the game was already optimized to run from the disc. That has been the only game like that however.

ALWAYS... oh right Halo 3.

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Always! I would think it would run faster, Also of your game was to be scratch somehow it would still be playable.

#7 Posted by gaminghooligan (1447 posts) -

I always install the games I frequent. Just like that it cuts the load times a little, unless it's Max Payne 3, which is always still loading anyway

#8 Posted by juiceton (24 posts) -

Haven't taken it online yet but it has run like a champ with it installed.

#9 Posted by Yattane (7 posts) -

I always install my games, as installing:

• Cuts down on load times.
  • Reduces noise produced by the console. The hard drive works quicker and quieter than the disc drive.
  • Reduces/eliminates the chance of the inserted game disc from being scratched by the disc drive.
#10 Posted by kerse (2114 posts) -

always install

#11 Posted by chilibean_3 (1642 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

@xyzygy said:

ALWAYS!

NEVER NOT INSTALLED OVER HERE

(I rarely install. Game has run fine for me.)

#12 Posted by Aetheldod (3584 posts) -

Do install cuts load times a lot .

#13 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Install time is pretty close to arcade. Instant action is necessary.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.