General Arcade Video Thread

• 101 results
#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
#2 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

Teddie's baseball bat move looks ridiculously awesome.

#3 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Random stuff I've gotten from this first live stream:

• P3 character vs. P3 character = Heartful Cry as theme played
  • P4 character vs. P4 character = Reach out to the Truth as theme played (I'll Face Myself -Battle- might have been a better fit)
  • Each character has their own theme song
  • Character dialogue will change depending on who they fight
  • Human Teddie appears briefly during his "Burst" move (and during one of his win poses). Also, cross-dressing Teddie appears as well.
  • Kanji is hella powerful
#4 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

Man, Teddie is so OP! He's got some great little moves that seem to make him rather versatile.

I suppose I should expect no less. Everyone loves Teddie.

(the backgrounds are also fantastic)

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Also, I've learned that there are only actually 4 characters: Kanji, Teddie, Chie and Mitsuru.

#6 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Sometimes there's Yosuke, too.

But the character lineup looks like Kanji, Kanji, Mitsuru, Kanji, Teddie, Kanji, Yosuke, Chie, and Kanji.

#7 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: haha. Yeah, they are playing more for real than just playing to show everything off. Since they're paying for each match, they seem unwilling to try out all of the characters just yet.

#8 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

You can tell people are getting bored with seeing the same match over and over again because the chat has turned into us just blurting out wrestling references.

#9 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

• P4 character vs. P4 character = Reach out to the Truth as theme played (I'll Face Myself -Battle- might have been a better fit)
  • Human Teddie appears briefly during his "Burst" move (and during one of his win poses). Also, cross-dressing Teddie appears as well.
No, I face Myself-battle- should be played in mirror matches.
#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11862 posts) -
@IBurningStar said:
You can tell people are getting bored with seeing the same match over and over again because the chat has turned into us just blurting out wrestling references.
Was that you? That was me!
#11 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Oh snap. Good point. Not sure what music plays in mirror matches, but that'd be perfect.

#12 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
@IBurningStar said:
Was that you? That was me!
Yeah it was.
#13 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

Isn't that what I said...?

Oh wait, so sorry. Yeah, "Reach out to the Truth" plays even during mirror matches, as it was playing when there was a glorious Kanji vs. Kanji match.

Also, here's a video of Mitsuru vs. Naoto. Not live, though...

#14 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@mutha3 said:

Isn't that what I said...?

Also, here's a video of Mitsuru vs. Naoto. Not live, though...

You said P4 vs P4!

I mean more like Kanji vs Kanji or Yosuke vs Yosuke.
#15 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

The music in this game is weird. I haven't heard a single familiar theme  besides the menu so far.

#16 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

The music in this game is weird. I haven't heard a single familiar theme besides the menu so far.

I've recognized all of the music so far, but many are definitely very remixed. So, you'll get moments of the original interspersed in the new.

#17 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@TruthTellah said:

@mutha3 said:

The music in this game is weird. I haven't heard a single familiar theme besides the menu so far.

I've recognized all of the music so far, but many are definitely very remixed. So, you'll get moments of the original interspersed in the new.

Hm? Like what? For instance this weird new theme Chie  was never in the original game. I only started watching recently, though.
#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I have not recognized any familiar music in any theme... except for Yu's theme. YU'S THEME. So damn awesome.

#19 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@TruthTellah said:

@mutha3 said:

Hm? Like what? For instance this weird new theme Chie was never in the original game. I only started watching recently, though.

It varies match to match, but even the new themes have moments of the old themes.

Maybe it's just because I've been listening to the Persona music lately, but I definitely hear them in the music in the game. I don't remember the name of all of the songs, but there are definitely original music influences.

#20 Edited by Neurotic (632 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Fuck yes. I love that track but have never actually played through the part where you hear it.

Also, I've learned that there are only actually 4 characters: Kanji, Teddie, Chie and Mitsuru.

So, cue everyone using those all the time? Ugh. I might just focus on someone other than those cos I'm hipster like that :P I don't have enough internets to watch that stream but is Yukiko not that great then? Cos her special was hella powerful so I figured she'd be pretty decent. I guess she's too fragile.

@mutha3 said:

Oh, man. They should've added Shadow alt. costumes for the P4 characters. That would be awesome.

#21 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Neurotic: Every character's fine (I presume). Like always, some are more noob friendly than others and it also varies depending on the player. A Yukiko player is currently getting bodied by Kanji; the latter character is also probably easier to use.

#22 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Chie used Glactic Punt, her insta-kill move, when she was right about to lose to Kanji and when everyone was rooting for her. The chat exploded. Beautiful.

#23 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ:

My goodness.

THIS IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME.

I was just watching the stream, and Chie, with 1/20 of her life bar left in the final round, performed mother-loving Galactic Punt and sent Kanji into the stratosphere for the victory! O_O

I am now 100% sold on this game. That was unequivocally amazing.

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

It really is funny; after that Galactic Punt Kanji has never been seen again even though he was constantly partaking in fights.

#25 Posted by Oni (2095 posts) -

That moment was super hype. Chie had literally no health left, it was the match point, and she galactic punts Kanji, which I didn't even know was possible. So fucking hype.

#26 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Theres a really good long set between Buppa and Shadow (two long time "anime" fighting game players) on youtube, I put part one below, part two is here.

#27 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Aigis Instant Kill

#28 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

It really is funny; after that Galactic Punt Kanji has never been seen again even though he was constantly partaking in fights.

Whn you use Galactic Punt in a character, he can't be used anymore. It's really an insta-kill.
#29 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I like how "Fog" (or "Mist") plays during those insta-kill moves. It adds to the dramatic.

#30 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Final arcade Boss (as well as the first time I've seen Rise being physically represented somewhere)

#31 Edited by AxleStukov (114 posts) -
Call me Charlie.

Dunno if this is a fake or not, supposedly this is the halfway boss for Yu and Naoto's arcade mode, possibly others. If I find out I'll give an update.

#32 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@AxleStukov said:

Dunno if this is a fake or not, supposedly this is the halfway boss for Yu and Naoto's arcade mode, possibly others. If I find out I'll give an update.

I knew about this, but where did you hear that Shadow Yu is the halfway boss for Yu's and Naoto's arcade mode? I'm not calling fake just yet, but I'm not too sure it's legit either.

#33 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

This is the Galactic Punt moment people were freaking out about before, by the way (jump to 4:40):

#34 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: That was unspeakably incredible!

#35 Posted by JeanLuc (3573 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I need this game right the fuck now!

#36 Posted by Phatmac (5722 posts) -

GALACTIC PUNT!

#37 Posted by Hailinel (23928 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AxleStukov said:

I knew about this, but where did you hear that Shadow Yu is the halfway boss for Yu's and Naoto's arcade mode? I'm not calling fake just yet, but I'm not too sure it's legit either.

Considering that Yu never even had a Shadow in P4, I'm not sure why he'd have one now. I'm thinking this is fake until proven otherwise.

#38 Posted by Zeik (2231 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AxleStukov said:

Considering that Yu never even had a Shadow in P4, I'm not sure why he'd have one now. I'm thinking this is fake until proven otherwise.

It's not fake. He's confirmed to be a mid-boss for Yu and Naoto.  (And probably a few others.)

Why he's there is anybody's guess.
#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Zeik said:

It's not fake. He's confirmed to be a mid-boss for Yu and Naoto. (And probably a few others.) Why he's there is anybody's guess.

Confirmed where? I'm not surprised though. I don't actually think it's a "real" Shadow.

#40 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

All Instant Kills

#41 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

@metalsnakezero: Does Mist (the song from the Izanami battle) actually play every time one of those is used or is that the uploader doing some editing? I thought it was cool at first but it's a little jarring just starting up all of a sudden like that.

Yu using Myriad Truths is pretty awesome as is Galactic Punt and Akihiko's Persona being bigger than the Earth. Teddie saluting his Persona as blasted off was pretty damn funny too.

#42 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

@Neurotic said:

@metalsnakezero: Does Mist (the song from the Izanami battle) actually play every time one of those is used or is that the uploader doing some editing? I thought it was cool at first but it's a little jarring just starting up all of a sudden like that.

I think its clever as it coherent to the series and it is a fitting music score for a incredible fight move.

#43 Posted by Zeik (2231 posts) -

Apparently Shadow Yu is in fact T. Bearson, who is actually Shadow Labrys in disguise.

So that explains that.

#44 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

It seems that much like Catherine, Atlus wants to avoid the propagation of story elements for Persona 4 Arena. Because of this, several of the videos in the OP, mainly from the "Arcade Mode" section, have been removed.

#45 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

It seems that much like Catherine, Atlus wants to avoid the propagation of story elements for Persona 4 Arena. Because of this, several of the videos in the OP, mainly from the "Arcade Mode" section, have been removed.

Guess I can understand that. At least it isn't the full story like what we will get in the console versions.

#46 Posted by BigChief (503 posts) -

I do hope there's more to the story in the console version, because I already know way more about the arcade story than I wanted to.

#47 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@BigChief:I wouldn't worry about that, there definitely is more to it. The true individual behind all of the events in P4A is hinted at but not revealed and it seems that many of the arcade stories end in some kind of cliffhanger.

#48 Posted by BigChief (503 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Good to hear. I figured that was probably the case, but it was hard to be sure. I was just a little worried when I kept accidentally stumbling across stuff that sounded like major reveals.

#49 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Yu's theme

#50 Posted by StarvingGamer (8027 posts) -

Ready to get owned? Here's some high level play for all y'all!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.