Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

How is the skill level of people playing online

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By TechHits

As someone who loves fighting games, but wants to play persona 4 and hasn't yet I'm torn. I don't want to spoil the persona 4 story by playing through the game, but I also really want to get into this game relativity early. So the clincher for me is how is the online; both in terms of stability and player skill level?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It does a relatively good job of matching people of your skill level, so things are pretty mixed right now. There are S rank players that will utterly destroy you and other beginners that you'll do equally against.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By golguin

When you search for ranked matches you can do a custom search to display the available games and it will show you the skill level of the people. I have seen people with all the grades so there is a good mix if you want that.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Phatmac

If you lose to a pink teddie, it's probably me.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By HadesTimes

Pretty good, at least for now. The matchmaking is working pretty well, although if you play super early or super late. Ur going to be playing people probably around rank B-C no matter what rank you are.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Aetheldod

Online is extremely stable , around 1 in 10 matches has a so so lag but nothing unplayable (unlike Capcom´s fighters) and I always been matched with people around my skill level so go for it duder!!!!

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Ulong

When this game was brand new, I think this game had a greater than average number of bad players compared to other fighting games. That is probably because it attracted people that love Persona 4 but have never played fighting games.
     After you play for a little bit and your rank goes up, the skill level is on par with what you'd expect out of online in any other fighting game though.

The net code is really fantastic. When the game first launched, the Xbox version was a bit busted, but they patched that very fast and now it too runs smoothly. Usually even if you match yourself against someone where the game says the connection will be bad, it still actually runs well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.