Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

I have the game now ... ask me anything

• 68 results
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Aetheldod

Well was able to get the game already , for xbox 360 so you can ask me anything ... except network ; right no I cant test it so dont ask me about the netcode ,online and what not , but outside from that I will do my best to answer your questions , ask away duders

(social link up)!!!!

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

Should I get it?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThunderSlash

How did you pay for it? (eg. Using only 20 dollar bills, etc)

What was the change?

How much was tax?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Are you still single?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aetheldod

@SexyToad: You like fighters ? Yes the hell you do duder. Afraid of fighters? Yes you do it has some easy stuff so you can do nice combos. Are you intermediate good at them? It seems to have a lot of deep stuff in it. Are you a Giant Bomb dude ... well we all like Persona 4 ... this is Persona 4 Arena of course you will.

Outside of jokes , yes it is raally cool , has a nice presentation and each fighter feels different from each other , maybe except for Labrys and Shadow Labrys , but even then their persona gameplay is very different fro each other.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aetheldod

@ThunderSlash: I paid 990 pesos dude ... in there you also pay a 15% tax called IVA and I used 2 $500 pesos bills , got change in 1 $10 pesos coin ... didn´t paid for parking because Im cheap and parked outside the mall.

@TheHBK: Yes Im single ... ladies PM me ;D

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Have you played through much of the story stuff? From what they showed in the QL it looked pretty cool but it was a bit too much backstory and setup since it was the beginning sections. Are the story sections/cutscenes done well is my question I guess.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aetheldod

@CaptainTightPants: No , sorry , I havent touched Story mode ... just tried the lesson mode , a few versus matches and went to the challenges , and a quick glance at Gallery mode.

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ADarkMatter
    @Aetheldod: 990 pesos seems like a lot dude, I thought it would go for something more like 800 :(
    Sombrero_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sombrero_Ninja

Story is where its supposed to be at! But I can't to play this in 2 days.....

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

How does Kanji play?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aetheldod

@Sombrero_Ninja: Well I wish I could still be playing but Im staying at my cousins house and his tv set is in his room and he is sleeping so Im screwed till the morning

@ADarkMatter: ... yeah has been like that lately for most games nowadays , very few exceptions are cheaper (when new at least ) :/ life in a non US country

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aetheldod

@MikkaQ: Well he is the slowest and his persona has some huge range and is able to draw opponent near him also has command grabs and a very usefull attack that you can add an extra hit to a downed opponent . He has the weirdest firce Normal ... a phrase appears and it hits 1 time ... but it has the length of Kanji + 2 (more or less)

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By papercut

Galactic Punt. Is it a thing?

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ADarkMatter
    @Aetheldod: Yeah I know, and even when games have been out for a while they have the same price, I remember seeing Super Smash Bros Brawl going for more than 1000 pesos about five months ago or something. I think I'll wait a little bit to see if the cut down the price before buying it.
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aetheldod

@ADarkMatter: A $1000 !!!!!!! D: that way too much for a Wii game dude

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aetheldod

@papercut: Yes it is and is awesome .... is the finnishing move for Chie

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MikkaQ

@Aetheldod said:

@MikkaQ: Well he is the slowest and his persona has some huge range and is able to draw opponent near him also has command grabs and a very usefull attack that you can add an extra hit to a downed opponent . He has the weirdest firce Normal ... a phrase appears and it hits 1 time ... but it has the length of Kanji + 2 (more or less)

Sounds good, thanks. I'm shopping around for a main. Chie sounds like the best for me so far though.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Aetheldod

@MikkaQ: Chie reminds me a little bit to Fei Long and not just because of her love of martial arts , but rather one of her power relies on doing D/DF/F with differnt buttons for 3 times ... and she has a dragon kick :D , so if you look for presure I think she fills the job

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zeik

@Aetheldod said:

Kanji's shout is fantastic. It basically resets hit/block stun letting you effectively tick throw into his command throws from a good distance.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By xymox

How abusable is the AI? Is the end-boss ridiculously hard as is often the case with fighting games and you have to find the 1 attack that works against them and spam that over and over? Is there really a funky student achivement?

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm interested in the story mode and if it is close to the length they said in the quicklook, which was 30 hours. I don't know about you guys, but that seems incredibly extensive for a fighting game, and I think it may have the potential to be the best story I've seen in a fighting game if it's true.

Is the story structure similar to Blazblue? Kind of what it seemed like in the quick look but I'd like to know if there's any more stuff in it.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zeik

Story mode is a cakewalk, the only super hard bosses are in score attack, which will make you cry.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aetheldod

@Xymox: Cant really say ... didnt played arcade mode and the few fight I had at versus was againt Normal...and it was normal :P ,as for a Funky student achivement .. didnt saw it but there are several hidden ones so it could be ... I dunno D:

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aetheldod

@SecondPersonShooter: Will try it tomorrow to see if it is Blazbluish ,,, as in if you win/loose story chenges and what not , I hardly doubt it but will see , but maybe@Zeik knows more about it

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zeik

It's largely the same it seems. I'm not sure about any altering paths from losing (don't think so) but there are joke endings. 30 hours is kind of pushing it though. It will probably be more like 20-25 hours for most.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By toowalrus
    @Xymox said:
    How abusable is the AI? Is the end-boss ridiculously hard as is often the case with fighting games and you have to find the 1 attack that works against them and spam that over and over? Is there really a funky student achivement?
    I'm pretty sure Funky Student just works at Junes: 
    No Caption Provided
    Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By Bigheart711

Which character did you use first for Training Mode?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Carryboy

@Aetheldod said:

@MikkaQ: Chie reminds me a little bit to Fei Long and not just because of her love of martial arts , but rather one of her power relies on doing D/DF/F with differnt buttons for 3 times ... and she has a dragon kick :D , so if you look for presure I think she fills the job

Does she have rekka attacks? Does the game seem rush down heavy?

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Petiew

Have you played much Elizabeth yet? Can you use her in a more zoning and footsie heavy playstyle, and how long do her Hamaon and Mudoon spells take to hit? Can they be blocked as well?
    Thanks!

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By scarace360

How do I get nanako as an announcer?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By Mcfart

@Petiew said:

Have you played much Elizabeth yet? Can you use her in a more zoning and footsie heavy playstyle, and how long do her Hamaon and Mudoon spells take to hit? Can they be blocked as well? Thanks!

I'm still trying to beat Margeret in Persona 3 Portable, and I'll confirm that her Hama/Mudo spells seem to always hit my light/dark neutral allies -_-'

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Alexandru

How old are you?

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bravestar

how much damage does a normal combo do and how hard are they?

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35  Edited By impartialgecko
    @Aetheldod said:

@papercut: Yes it is and is awesome .... is the finnishing move for Chie

HOT DAMN
    VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By VierasTalo

So like if two dudes talk about Sonny and Cher in a totally non-chalant way and the other of the dudes would happen to be you, and then you ended up falling on top of each other after agreeing on how awesome Sonny really was in that show the two had in the 70s, would you feel slightly gay?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Phatmac

You playing this on sticks or with a gamepad?

Also what does Yosuke play like? What about Akihiko?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Aetheldod

@Bigheart711: I used Labrys

@Petiew: For the little I played her yes indeed she seems zonning heavy , as footsies I dont know what you mean by that , I will assume that you mean different distances for each attack , so Im not so sure how much it is so. Hama takes a long time because it is a trap that activates after around 5 seconds ... it takes a long time. Mudoon Im not sure.

@scarace360: Dont know :P

@Alexandru: Im 30 years old dude

@Bravestar: Well the auto combo is very easy to pull off ... just smash "A" button (X in xbox360) :P till you end in a super , havent turn on damage info , but most rounds I played ended in around 30 seconds , so I suppose it is on the heavy damage side (but dont quote me on this) , but auto combo doesnt seem so heavy on damage , after all it is extremely easy to pull off and has a lot of hits so much less than a 1/4 of life bar. Other combos are a bit more execution heavy (at least some of Labrys are , thats for sure)

@Carryboy: Not exactly the rekka , but the command motions are very similar , and yes this is an Arc systems game after all so it is rush heavy (with most characters , but I remember correctly Elizabeth is a very zonning heavy )

@VierasTalo: No

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By obscurefan

How much of the Persona 4 storyline is spoiled in this game? My girlfriend and I live together and while I've played through Persona 4 many times, she just started playing it for the first time recently and is about halfway through. So is it safe to play this around her without fear of spoilers? (PS, she already knows that Naoto is a girl so that's fine to spoil, I'm more worried about things like say "Does it reveal the name of the killer?")

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Aetheldod

@obscurefan: That I dont know ... I havent played story mode nor persona 4 for that matter :/

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By YI_Orange

@obscurefan: I believe Jeff said somewhere that it doesn't explicitly spoil any major moments(though does reference some things), also, not all of the game is voice acted. Judging by the quick look, there's a fair amount of stuff that isn't Voice Acted. You can always play with Japanese audio just in case.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SmilingPig

Can you rename the main guy from P4 to Charlie Tunoku?

Bladefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bladefire

Dacidbro (a pro Blazblue player switching to P4A) has had the game for a while and did a livestream answering questions about characters last night. A quick summary of what he said is that he feels overall the game is very balanced but Elizabeth and Kanji are currently thought of as low tier due to a couple of bad matchups they have. Kanji can especially be very difficult to get in range against certain characters and Elizabeth is somewhat lacking in options. Akihiko (his main) is a strong rushdown that can have some difficulty getting in on certain characters and managing his cyclone meter can be somewhat complex. Narukami is a solid all-around character with nothing too tricky about and probably a good pick for people who haven't played a lot of fighting games before. Mitsuru is considered top tier but he thought she was very fair (also she's a charge character which I find many new players to fighters have problems with). Naoto was considered low-tier until recently but is considered quite good now (but only if you can do a fairly difficult loop combo in the corner), she has a pretty stong zoning/keep-away game. Naoto also has a "fate meter" that starts the opponent at 13, getting caught in her trap moves will lower the counter. When the counter reaches 0 you'll die instantly if hit with Naoto's Hama or Mudoon supers. Labrys can be anywhere from bad to pretty good all depending on her axe meter but is fairly straightforward and pretty slow. Shadow Labrys is very complex and relies a lot on using her persona for setups, she also has the unique property of her persona being on the field at all times. Teddie lacks overheads and as a result has almost no high-low game as none of his air normal are overheads but his item abilities are very important (13 of them come out in a specific order every match) and in general has a lot of status ailment moves. Yosuke is very fast and a bit execution difficult due to his game being very air dash heavy (also, one of his most important mobility options involves kara canceling his jump 2B into an air turn which many people find difficult). Aigis is also top-tier with good rushdown using her crazy mobility in Orgia mode but she definitely can also has a pretty strong zoning game. This is most of what I picked up and P4A has been out a long time in the arcades in Japan and overall seems very balanced at the moment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got the game myself, installing it now. There was a patch for 360...I wonder if that has anything to do with the online.

Tophat666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Tophat666

I've beaten both Yu's & Yosuke's chapters in the story & the achievements that go with them didn't pop up when I was done, any clue?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nnnnnope. underwater online matches for now.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bravestar

@Rmack: probably not. the atlus/michinima/cross counter stream just ended and they said the patch for the online problem is in cert.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By casper_

having second thoughts about purchasing this. i was a bit bummed out to find you cant turn auto-combo off and therefore i am having doubts about the depth of the system, especially compared to previous arksys games. i'm aware that it has been around in japanese arcades so maybe its in there.

do you find it oversimplified?

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Troispoint

@Rmack said:

Just got the game myself, installing it now. There was a patch for 360...I wonder if that has anything to do with the online.

@Bladefire: Let us know! Because I dont know if Im willing to pay if the online gameplay isnt fixed yet.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Should I worry about it spoiling Persona 3? I'm currently playing through P3 FES right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.