Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

I need some purchasing advice.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nottle

I absolutely love Persona 3 and 4, and have been quite interested in this game, however, I'm not super huge into fighting games, I know how to throw fire balls and all of that, but i never get that deep into them. I just have a few questions to ask before i decide to buy it.

First, the story mode is pretty fulfilling/ interesting/ lengthy for a fighting game, right?

Second, the ps3 version is the ideal version to get right? The netcode is better there or was the 360 fixed? I kind of dislike playing fighting games online because of my experiences with lag during Street fighter, and everyone being better than me. Will the GB community still have tourney's now an then?

Third, what are the chances that this game will go up or down in price by the end of the year. Borderlands 2 is coming out in a month, and other than that i don't plan to buy any other games. Just the thought of spending $60 then a month later it being $30 would be a bummer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

PS3 is the version you want.

The fighting in the story mode is so easy you don't have to get super into it to enjoy. Plus their are very few fights per story.

The story mode is very full and lengthy for a fighting game.

I don't see a price drop in the near future.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

@Nottle said:

I absolutely love Persona 3 and 4, and have been quite interested in this game, however, I'm not super huge into fighting games, I know how to throw fire balls and all of that, but i never get that deep into them. I just have a few questions to ask before i decide to buy it.

First, the story mode is pretty fulfilling/ interesting/ lengthy for a fighting game, right?

Second, the ps3 version is the ideal version to get right? The netcode is better there or was the 360 fixed? I kind of dislike playing fighting games online because of my experiences with lag during Street fighter, and everyone being better than me. Will the GB community still have tourney's now an then?

Third, what are the chances that this game will go up or down in price by the end of the year. Borderlands 2 is coming out in a month, and other than that i don't plan to buy any other games. Just the thought of spending $60 then a month later it being $30 would be a bummer.

Yes, the story mode is incredibly long, and the fights within it are very easy.

The 360 version has already been fixed. I don't know which version is more popular.

Atlus releases tend to be limited in quantity and do not drop in price quickly at all.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By musclerider

The story mode definitely adds to the Persona 3/4 universe but it's really 3-5 hours of story total and then a lot of the same thing from the perspective of different characters. You can get through the story mode by just spamming one button pretty much.

They fixed the 360 netcode to be actually usable.

As for price drops it's an Atlus game so it's probably not going to drop anytime soon. Catherine is still $40.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

The only difference between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions at this point is a larger playerbase on the PS3 because anime games.

Though I have the 360 version myself and haven't had any problems joining or getting a full 8-player lobby set up since launch. Can't say it'll be the same in a month or two, but that happens with every game.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By irrelevantjohn

I usually tend to go "If it's a japanese game it runs better on the PS3" since it usually works that way.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nottle

Alright. Sounds good. I may just convince myself to get it.

Also seems like arc system works other game Blaz blue is still around 30 and thats been out for a while. I have a few things I want to sell just so i feel like i hav more money but I'm new to ebay, so i can only sell 1 thing at a time.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By yoshimitz707

Story mode is essential if you're interested in continuing the P4 story. And you can literally get through story mode by just pressing the Square button.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By xymox

S... quare? Not X? It's like a whole new game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.