(If) Only 10 characters, which other 4 would you want?

• 151 results
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

So people have been afraid that the game will only have a roster of 10 characters based on this screenshot: 

Character Select Screen
I personally think there'll be a few more in the actual console releases, but let's say there were 10 characters in the final roster of P4: TUIMA. Who would you want the remaining 4 characters to be (since Aigis, Yukiko, Souji, Yosuke, Chie and Kanji have been practically confirmed)? 

My list: 

1. Minato Arisato (The World Arcana)
  2. Mitsuru Kirijo (Empress Arcana)
  3. Naoto Shirogane (Fortune Arcana)
  4. Teddie (Star Arcana)
(I know there's already this wishlist thread, but this is a bit less general)
#2 Posted by Pie (6936 posts) -

As said in that thread I want Creepy raper guy, mysterious fox, and funky student.

#3 Posted by DarkShaper (1296 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: This makes me sound really lazy, but your list is exactly what mine would be.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@Pie said:
As said in that thread I want Creepy raper guy, mysterious fox, and funky student.
No one other specific character you'd want included?
#5 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1521 posts) -

Mitsuru, Junpei, Rise, Adachi.

#6 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

Probably Mitsuru, Minato, Naoto and Junpei, in that order.

#7 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

Hard to decide, seriously hoping this game will feature more than 10 characters though, they should at least try to double that number.

Teddie's just gotta be init!

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@SpunkyHePanda said:

She'd fight by singing, dancing and stripping? 

Also, just fyi, she's commenting in one of the battle screenshots between two other characters so her inclusion as playable is unlikely.
#9 Posted by DeeGee (2096 posts) -

Persona 3 protagonist, Yukari, Akihiko and Junpei.

#10 Posted by DarkShaper (1296 posts) -

@Vegsen said:

Hard to decide, seriously hoping this game will feature more than 10 characters though, they should at least try to double that number.

My gut tells me the arcade version will have 10-12 and the home version will have 12-14

#11 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

@DarkShaper said:

@Vegsen said:

My gut tells me the arcade version will have 10-12 and the home version will have 12-14

If you're right one of those characters better be Dojima, with Adachi for ultra combos!

#12 Posted by Pie (6936 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Oh sorry, I forgot about the 4 thing. Hmmm. It must be pretty obvious that I've only watched the ER so no P3 characters.  Detective Dojima maybe. 
What about Igor? OH! Igor should be the commentator  
#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@Pie said:
@FluxWaveZ: Oh sorry, I forgot about the 4 thing. Hmmm. It must be pretty obvious that I've only watched the ER so no P3 characters.  Detective Dojima maybe. What about Igor? OH! Igor should be the commentator  
Heh, I was expecting you to say Ghoul.
#14 Posted by supermike6 (3523 posts) -

-Rise 
-Rise 
-Rise 
-Yukari

#15 Edited by Pie (6936 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Once you start including personas I would then want Jack frost, Ghoul, Dick chariot and so on
#16 Posted by ervonymous (1226 posts) -

Kanji's in, I'm a-ok.

..Wait, I see it now. Akihiko dempsey rolls the shit out of Adachi and throws his jacket on like Dudley, Adachi hisses 'bitcheess' with his last breath.

#17 Posted by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -

I have Persona 3 and played some of it, but not being able to command my party members put me off it so I haven't seen the majority of the game.

That said, the MC of P3 is cool and so is Mitsuru. I like the idea of playing "Creepy Raper Guy" since he has that "hanging arms stance" + stylish suit + gun combo. I could probably live with Teddy not being playable in favor of that cool looking dog Koromaru, but I hope for both.

A friend of mine (Who, conversely, mostly played P3) wanted that Aragaki guy and he seems cool too.

Damnit! I can't narrow it down further than that!

#18 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1521 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

She'd fight by singing, dancing and stripping? Also, just fyi, she's commenting in one of the battle screenshots between two other characters so her inclusion as playable is unlikely.

Absolutely. I'd say it's about time for her to get in there and take care of some business. Himiko's satellite face could do some grisly stuff.

And I saw that screenshot, but the heart wants what it wants.

#19 Posted by Deadmanforking (559 posts) -

Yukari Takeba

Minato Arisato

Ryotaro Doujima

Funky Student

#20 Posted by Wes899 (2102 posts) -

Akihiko makes the most sense. Aside from that I'd like Minato, Koromaru, and Naoto.

#21 Posted by Hailinel (22719 posts) -

My top pick would be Mitsuru, but after her, I'd say Akihiko, Naoto, and Koromaru.

Yes, I want the dog in there.

#22 Posted by Devil240Z (3054 posts) -

Wait... this is a real game?

#23 Posted by Hailinel (22719 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:

Yup.

#24 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Creepy Raper Guy, need some villains up in there.

#25 Posted by Devil240Z (3054 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Devil240Z said:

Yup.

Wow I just assumed it was a meme.

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@dungbootle said:
Yeah, I think I'd prefer Creepy Raper Guy being in there to Naoto. It'd be so weird if the roster was only composed of good guys.
#27 Posted by TobbRobb (4408 posts) -

Mitsuru, Akihiko, Adachi, Teddie

#28 Posted by Hailinel (22719 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@dungbootle said:
Yeah, I think I'd prefer Creepy Raper Guy being in there to Naoto. It'd be so weird if the roster was only composed of good guys.

But it would be weirder if Naoto was the only player character in P4 left out (aside from Teddie, who's MC'ing this madness).

#29 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (2950 posts) -

Minato, Akihiko, Mitsuo Kubo, and Taro Namatame.  Just because those last two need a chance to shine!  Of course, they don't actually have Personas, so... whatever.

#30 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@Hailinel said: 

But it would be weirder if Naoto was the only player character in P4 left out (aside from Teddie, who's MC'ing this madness).

True, but Naoto sucks. 

Nah, I don't actually mean that. But I wouldn't be saddened by her exclusion, especially since her and Creepy Raper Guy have the same main means of attack.
#31 Posted by Sauson (560 posts) -

Mr. Morooka
Mr. Morooka
Mr. Morooka
Mr. Morooka

#32 Edited by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

I really hope it's not only 10...

But I'm assuming Teddie is going to be like the mascot and Rise is going to voice and narrate everything.

Kanji
Naoto or Mary
Mitsuru  or Mary
the main character from Persona 3 or the Demi-Fiend from Nocturne.

#33 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@xSUFFOKATEx said:
Mr. Morooka   
 Mr. Morooka   
 Mr. Morooka  
  Mr. Morooka
So it'd be like this, then: 

1. Mr. Morooka
  2. Drunk Morooka
  3. King Moron
  4. Zombie Morooka
#34 Posted by shhetghost (59 posts) -

tanaka 
naoto 
slacker student  
and t.v yukiko
#35 Posted by sameoldstuff (94 posts) -

A Dojima and Nanako duo would be pretty sweet, playing something similar to Carl Clover or any of the duos in Melty Blood.
Also hoping Mitsuru, Akihiko and Naoto make an appearance.

#36 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2712 posts) -

Mitsuru is all I need.

#37 Posted by rmanthorp (3696 posts) -

@xSUFFOKATEx said:

Mr. Morooka Mr. Morooka Mr. Morooka Mr. Morooka
#38 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: Kanji is basically confirmed, he's on the right of the visible characters. as for me, Akihiko, Dojima, Mitsuru, whoever that jesus guy was I forget his name

#39 Edited by mutha3 (4980 posts) -

-Teddie(would probably be in the home version exclusively, though!)
-Nanako
-Naoto 
-Morooka(not gonna happen)
- Adachi

Aigis is the only only one I really want to see from Persona 3, and its mostly because of the way she'd probably play.

@xSUFFOKATEx

said:

I like the cut of your jib, though....
#40 Edited by Sanj (2235 posts) -

There are too many characters that i'd like to see, it's pretty much everyone from P4 and P3 :-P.

#41 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

@xSUFFOKATEx said:

I can only imagine what his victory quote/battle cry would be.

#42 Edited by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Naoto, Akihiko, Mitsuru, and Funky Student. 
If they refuse to include Funky, then Junpei. My problem with including P3's MC is that it wouldn't make any sense plot-wise, unless the Answer changes things, in which case he's my fourth choice. 
I really hope there's more than just the 10 characters, though. I'd really like to see all of SEES and the Investigation Team, as well as some villains.

#43 Posted by DeeGee (2096 posts) -

@TehFlan said:

Naoto, Akihiko, Mitsuru, and Funky Student. If they refuse to include Funky, then Junpei. My problem with including P3's MC is that it wouldn't make any sense plot-wise, unless the Answer changes things, in which case he's my fourth choice.

Nothing about this game makes any sense plot wise =P

#44 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@TehFlan said:
My problem with including P3's MC is that it wouldn't make any sense plot-wise
It could, and a retcon wouldn't even be needed.
#45 Posted by bbrcher (67 posts) -

Shinji for sure

#46 Posted by Juno500 (381 posts) -

Minato, Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Junpei.

#47 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@TehFlan said:
I know it's been awhile since I played P3, but doesn't the dude die? Am I forgetting something?
#48 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@TehFlan said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
@TehFlan said:
I know it's been awhile since I played P3, but doesn't the dude die? Am I forgetting something?
So if her quest turns out to be successful...
#49 Edited by Gerhabio (1969 posts) -

Someone mentioned that Minato probably won't be in the game since...

He died or became one with a wall or something?

I don't really want anyone in particular for playable but I'd like Nanako to be there in some fashion, perhaps as a commentator?

#50 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Shinji
kanji
akhiko
Hippie guy from strega

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.