Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

(If) Only 10 characters, which other 4 would you want?

• 150 results
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By SuperWristBands

Akihiko. Him and Aigis are all I need. Since Aigis is go, I only want one.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By mutha3

Meanwhile the Persona Team is taking charge of creating the plot. When asked what direction that plot will go in, Hashino says outright that Mayonaka Arena will not be a simple spin-off. "We're making part of a sequel to Persona 4. Story mode will also depict the background of how Aigis comes to Inaba and enters the P-1 Grand Prix." 

Actually, Aigis really might be the only one. 

I wouldn't mind seeing more P3 dudes, But I think it would have been called Persona 3x4: TUIMA, Not P4:TUIMA, if half the roster would be composed of P3 characters. I can see maybe one more character alongside Aegis(I'm thinking Minato for the home version when they inevitably ruin the ending of P3).
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3 said:

Meanwhile the Persona Team is taking charge of creating the plot. When asked what direction that plot will go in, Hashino says outright that Mayonaka Arena will not be a simple spin-off. "We're making part of a sequel to Persona 4. Story mode will also depict the background of how Aigis comes to Inaba and enters the P-1 Grand Prix." 

Actually, Aigis really might be the only one.   I wouldn't mind seeing more P3 dudes, But I think it would have been called Persona 3x4: TUIMA, Not P4:TUIMA, if half the roster would be composed of P3 characters. I can see maybe one more character alongside Aegis(I'm thinking Minato for the home version when they inevitably ruin the ending of P3).
    Where'd you get that quote? I've actually feared that Aigis might be the only P3 character included, especially since the game's called "Persona 4[...]" 

Never mind, found it.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Considering the character count of BlazBlue I'm not surprised.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    You mean the original release of Calamity Trigger, right? Because Continuum Shift has 17 characters.
    punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By punisherkaos

p3 mc, yukari, Mitsuru  and adachi

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By mutha3
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    On that note, the upside to the limited number of characters in Blazblue is that all characters genuinely all play completely different from one and another.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    You mean the original release of Calamity Trigger, right? Because Continuum Shift has 17 characters.
    Mostly, and the 17 characters from CS is after DLC.

If this game does well and they want to make another there will be more characters.
    TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By TehFlan
    @FluxWaveZ said: 
    So if her quest turns out to be successful...
    Gotcha. So I guess it would be pretty cool to see Minato show up.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60  Edited By Red

I'd go for Junpei, Akihiko, Teddie, and Minato. But then again, I want some good boss characters in there (Strega, Creepy Raper Guy, maybe some various Personas, Nyx)

LetsRockBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By LetsRockBaby

Naoto, Adachi, Akihiko, and Teddie.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Nottle

I'd like to see some odd characters like Ken because he's short but he has reach from the spear, or Konomaru because he is a dog and probably wouldn't have a super obvious control scheme. As for the other 2 I'd maybe like to see some people that really don't fit like Dojima, or maybe Ryoji.  Maybe they could throw in some other Shin Megami character as an extra. Who knows?
     Realistically I doubt any villains would be in the game if it takes place after Persona 4 since they'd be dead.  People like Evil Jesus would be right out. 

If I could just have people I like though that I actually think COULD be in the game it would be Yukari, Junpei, Naoto, and Teddy. But other than Yukari and Teddie, I don't think they'd be all that interesting as fighters. I just hope there is more than Aigus repping P3.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#64  Edited By Hailinel

@Nottle said:

I just hope there is more than Aigus repping P3.

Assuming that all of the player characters in P4U are player characters from P3/P4 (i.e.: No villains/NPCs), there would have to be at least a few more based on the character select screen alone. The only P4 character unaccounted for is Naoto.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#65  Edited By Cathryn

Akihiko, Shinji, Minato/Minako, and Tanaka <3

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Nottle
    @Hailinel: Ahh yes. I should have done that math. Hey if the P3 people would return wouldn't they be older. I mean Persona 4 takes place a few years after 3 since Chihiro was a senior right... I'm forgetting exactly how far in the future it was.  

Mr. Edogawa should be in the game  
    Any chance that a Persona 2 character could be in the game? I never played any of the persona 2 games so I don't know if any of the characters are at all interesting. 
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By Hizang
    1. Funky Student.
    2. Teddie.
    3. Fox.
    4. Rise.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Hailinel

@Nottle said:

@Hailinel: Ahh yes. I should have done that math. Hey if the P3 people would return wouldn't they be older. I mean Persona 4 takes place a few years after 3 since Chihiro was a senior right... I'm forgetting exactly how far in the future it was. Mr. Edogawa should be in the game Any chance that a Persona 2 character could be in the game? I never played any of the persona 2 games so I don't know if any of the characters are at all interesting.

Most of the human P3 player characters that might appear in this game has already graduated high school. Mitsuru and Akihiko were seniors during Persona 3, and a full school year passed between the end of Persona 3 and the start of Persona 4, so Yukari, Junpei, and Fuuka all graduated as well. The only exception is Ken, who was a grade school student during P3.

Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By Devoid

Minato would be a great boss character. Akihiko would be my second pick.

The other two, though? Adachi and.. Margaret? Or Elizabeth/Theodore.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By endaround

Raidou Kuzunoha should be in it! For his persona? Well Jack Frost in his Raidho! costume of course.

No Caption Provided

OK this would be a secret character if at all, but it would be really, really cool. After that Mitsuru and Akihiko make teh most sense. Yukari''s and Naoto's fighting style both translate fairly poorly

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By raviolisumo

There should be a stage in Shadow Junes. BGM is some variation of the Junes theme please.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Vorbis

I just want Rise to be the announcer, oh god it would be amazing.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#73  Edited By jacksukeru

Damnit! You guys are making me want to play Persona 3.

Somnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Somnus

Junpei is a must. The guy is just pure awesome, one of the greatest characters in a game ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

They should put Creepy Raper Guy in, but just give him all the animations from Hazama. Also make him as good at trolling people.

Bitches.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By dbz1995

I haven't played P3, so I can only really go with Dojima and Naoto.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Arebuckle

Well as there's a possibility of there only being 10 in total and there are already 5 P4 characters, I think it's safe to assume the rest are from P3. So...

MC
    Mitsuru
    Akihiko
    Junpei

I left out Yukari because her AI is some of the thickest I have ever had to endure, ever. I like the character, but that AI pissed me off so much, that whenever I lay eyes on her I want to kill her.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hailinel

@endaround said:

After that Mitsuru and Akihiko make teh most sense. Yukari''s and Naoto's fighting style both translate fairly poorly

I wouldn't say that. Noel in BlazBlue fights using a pair of guns, and she can be a beast.

Heck, just give Naoto a second gun and Noel's moveset and you're halfway there.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By JohnDudebro

Naoto, Teddie, Mitsuru, and Adachi.

Also, I want a level that takes place at Mysterious Fox's shrine, with her yipping in the background.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mutha3
    @Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

Assuming that all of the player characters in P4U are player characters from P3/P4 (i.e.: No villains/NPCs), there would have to be at least a few more based on the character select screen alone. The only P4 character unaccounted for is Naoto.

I don't know about that. I'm 100% sure Teddie will be in this as a playable character, because he's organizing the damn thing and makes perfect sense as some kind of midboss. On top of that, there's still Dojima, Nanako and Adachi to pull from if they're wanting to put more P4 in.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3 said:

@Hailinel said: 

I don't know about that. I'm 100% sure Teddie will be in this as a playable character, because he's organizing the damn thing and makes perfect sense as some kind of midboss. On top of that, there's still Dojima, Nanako and Adachi to pull from if they're wanting to put more P4 in.
    Again, I don't believe this character roster is final, but I'm willing to bet that there will be at least 2 more P3 characters just because of character placement: 

No Caption Provided
    Of course, we're all just speculating here. It's a poor argument to base my conclusion off of, but it's something.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @mutha3 said:

@Hailinel said: 

Again, I don't believe this character roster is final, but I'm willing to bet that there will be at least 2 more P3 characters just because of character placement: 

No Caption Provided
    Huh. Interesting. It would leave room for Naoto and Teddie,  so I guess its possible.

Traditionally, Arc adds 1-2 characters to home version and in the case of BB:Calamity Trigger, they were boss/midboss. Could be the same situation here.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Hailinel

@mutha3 said:

@Hailinel said:

@Nottle said:

Except that Adachi is in prison at this point, Nanako is too young and innocent to form a Persona or Shadow, and Dojima never had a Persona awaken.

This game appears geared specifically toward characters that have Personas, much like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and the characters' Stands. Just for that reason alone, I don't believe at all that either of the Dojimas would be player characters (and Teddie would never, ever purposely involve Nanako in anything that could get her hurt). I suppose that this wouldn't necessarily prevent Adachi from appearing, but like I said before, he's up the creek.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Hailinel said:

(and Teddie would never, ever purposely involve Nanako in anything that could get her hurt)

I agree with you, but I'm not sure Teddie would ever organize a tournament where his friends would beat each other up in the first place. 

I don't think there will be any inclusion of a playable character without a Persona except for one character. So yeah, the Dojimas definitely won't be in it. Now Adachi... I wouldn't be that quick to say he won't be in (he could have escaped in a TV or something plus he's a very important character in P4)...
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mutha3
    @Hailinel
    I don't know, the game looks pretty silly to me, and I think creating a serious narrative out of it is a bad idea.

I'd rather this be a smash bros.-esque irreverent  thing.  And......

@Hailinel said:

Except that Adachi is in prison at this point, Nanako is too young and innocent to form a Persona or Shadow, and Dojima never had a Persona awaken.

Eh. They can easily retcon or asspull that. Even if the story DOES take itself seriously. 

"oh man i jumped into a tv during lunch to escape!!!!!"

@FluxWaveZ said:

I don't think there will be any inclusion of a playable character without a Persona except for one character.

I'll admit, I haven't thought of that.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Hailinel

@mutha3: Oh, I'm sure that the story will be silly to some extent. Teddie decked out like M. Bison is pretty indicative of that. But I don't know if the Persona team would go out of their way to break the fiction.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Hailinel said:

@mutha3: Oh, I'm sure that the story will be silly to some extent. Teddie decked out like M. Bison is pretty indicative of that. But I don't know if the Persona team would go out of their way to break the fiction.

You guys really think this? I don't know... Hashino specifically said that the Persona team is doing their best so that the story wouldn't resemble a spin-off. Plus, they're including Aigis, one of the more serious characters of P3 (other than the fact that she's a robot) and part of the story will be dedicated to her.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:
      Plus, they're including Aigis, one of the more serious characters of P3 (other than the fact that she's a robot) and part of the story will be dedicated to her.
    She's got missiles and artillery and shit coming out of her rear end. And Teddie's dressed as M.Bison.

Besides, Aigis was plenty of silly herself in P3. Like 90% of the comedy in the game was "I AM A ROBOT AND I AM VERY AWKWARD OH GOD". Maybe they'll craft a serious narrative out of this, I don't know, but I definitely think it'll be at least a little tongue-in-cheek, much like the original P4.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89  Edited By JJOR64

One of them has to be E. Honda.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#90  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

This game needs Teddie. besides him I would like Mitsuru, Yukiko and I guess Akihiko. If there truly is only ten characters then I doubt that anyone not in the party would be playable.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#91  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I'm really hoping for some P2 love here. Baofu and Katsuya would be pretty awesome additions. 

Also, unrelated to the characters, but I'm really hoping the personas function like the arcana in Arcana Heart. Total fighting game boner. Unfortunately, only two characters could really take advantage of a system like AH's, but even static personas would make really cool additions to a fighting game system. 

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#92  Edited By StarvingGamer

What's known

So a little theorycrafting based on my limited memory of the games:

• Aigis (Fool) - Heavy hitting keepaway, arm cannons
    • Yukiko (High Priestess) - Probably slower keepaway with heavy Persona use, fans
    • MC (Fool) - Balanced rushdown fighter, nodachi
    • Yosuke (Magician) - Agile rushdown fighter, kunai
    • Chie (Chariot) - Agile rushdown brawler, shoes
    • Kanji (Emperor) - Slower rushdown brawler/grappler, folding chair

More P4?

Assuming that they fill out the remainder of the P4 persona users on the right hand side we'll get 2 of the following:

• Naoto (Fortune) - agile keepaway, gun
    • Teddie (Star) - frenzied rushdown brawler/grappler, claws
    • Adachi (Fool?) - crazy rushdown brawler (why do I keep thinking Iori?), gun?
    • Margaret (Empress) - who knows

As much as I'd love to see Adachi and Margaret I think the smart money is going to be on Naoto and Teddie. It's true that Teddie is the tournament organizer, but when has there been a fighting game where the tournament organizer HASN'T gotten involved in the fight?

And a wee bit of P3

This presumably leaves the two remaining spots for Persona 3 characters. Aigis makes perfect sense as she exists somewhat outside of the main SEES group. Because Aigis is still the Fool arcana it seems to imply that P3MC has not, in fact, returned. Out of the remaining characters the ones that make the most sense to me are:

• Yukari (Lovers) - agile keepaway, bow
    • Ken (Justice) - agile long range rushdown, spear
    • Koromaru (Strength) - fast fast fast pixie rushdown character, kunai
    • Elizabeth (Empress?) - who knows

Elizabeth would be equally great if not great than her sister, but story-wise it would make the most sense for the remaining two characters to be Yukari and Koromaru. This is primarily due to the fact that after the events of FES, Yukari and Aigis become roommates and Koromaru, who was originally sorta Yukari and Fuuka's dog and can communicate with Aigis, is likely to have gone to live with them. While everyone else has gone on to do their own thing, Yukari and Koromaru could easily be tagging along for whatever it is that Aigis is doing.

TL;DR

And so my final lineup (4 keepaway 6 rushdown) is:

• Yukari
    • Koromaru
    • Aigis
    • Yukiko
    • MC
    • Yosuke
    • Chie
    • Kanji
    • Naoto
    • Teddie

But I still want Chidori!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @StarvingGamer: If Adachi's in, I think he'll be a keepaway character (that is, if Naoto is not in), not rushdown. Kanji's definitely a slow grappler type. 

My roster prediction on your roster prediction: 

• Yukari definitely won't be in
    • Koromaru definitely won't be in
    • Minato definitely will be in
    Actually, scratch the third one, that's just my hope. I'm fully behind points #1 and #2, though.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#94  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @FluxWaveZ
    @StarvingGamer: If Adachi's in, I think he'll be a keepaway character (that is, if Naoto is not in), not rushdown. Kanji's definitely a slow grappler type. 

My roster prediction on your roster prediction: 

• Yukari definitely won't be in
    • Koromaru definitely won't be in
    • Minato definitely will be in
    Actually, scratch the third one, that's just my hope. I'm fully behind points #1 and #2, though.
    Yeah, it's just that any P3 characters outside if Aigis would feel totally random to me but Yukari and Koromaru seem to make the most sense canon-wise. Or you could go crazy and separate Metis from Aigis again? Metis, Aigis and Elizabeth/Margaret?
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @StarvingGamer: Why wouldn't Mitsuru fit the story? Her family's the one who made Aigis, after all. Also, her family's arguably the reason for everything happening in P3 in the first place. Akihiko's close to Mitsuru, and his fighting style would differ from other characters and would be pretty easy to envision, so he could potentially be a part of the cast as well. 

Yukari was close to Aigis, so I can see that point, but I really can't see her playing like some kind of Taskmaster (or Hawkeye, rather). Or can I? I don't know. We definitely won't be seeing Metis as a playable character, and I think the same for the two Velvet Room sisters. 

We really don't know what the story's about at this point, so we can't determine which character would fit the best.
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By gike987

@StarvingGamer: I think that the Empress is Mitsuru.

@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@StarvingGamer: Why wouldn't Mitsuru fit the story? Her family's the one who made Aigis, after all. Also, her family's arguably the reason for everything happening in P3 in the first place. Akihiko's close to Mitsuru, and his fighting style would differ from other characters and would be pretty easy to envision, so he could potentially be a part of the cast as well. Yukari was close to Aigis, so I can see that point, but I really can't see her playing like some kind of Taskmaster (or Hawkeye, rather). Or can I? I don't know. We definitely won't be seeing Metis as a playable character, and I think the same for the two Velvet Room sisters. We really don't know what the story's about at this point, so we can't determine which character would fit the best.

If I recall correctly, Mitsuru intended to go overseas for college, didn't she? Not to mention the whole "running the family business" thing. As much as I would love love looooove to have her in the game, I have a feeling she won't be in it.

We probably have a better shot at Elizabeth, honestly.

That makes sense. Even if I don't want it too. So maybe not Mitsuru then.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ said:

@StarvingGamer: Why wouldn't Mitsuru fit the story? Her family's the one who made Aigis, after all. Also, her family's arguably the reason for everything happening in P3 in the first place. Akihiko's close to Mitsuru, and his fighting style would differ from other characters and would be pretty easy to envision, so he could potentially be a part of the cast as well. Yukari was close to Aigis, so I can see that point, but I really can't see her playing like some kind of Taskmaster (or Hawkeye, rather). Or can I? I don't know. We definitely won't be seeing Metis as a playable character, and I think the same for the two Velvet Room sisters. We really don't know what the story's about at this point, so we can't determine which character would fit the best.

If I recall correctly, Mitsuru intended to go overseas for college, didn't she? Not to mention the whole "running the family business" thing. As much as I would love love looooove to have her in the game, I have a feeling she won't be in it.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By scarace360

i just want hitler from persona 2.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@gike987 said: 

@StarvingGamer: I think (and hope) that the Empress is Mitsuru.

Why do you think there will be an Empress at all? If we go with 10 characters, then every Major Arcana character from P3/P4 definitely won't be represented.

@Hailinel said: 

What? No way. I have my doubts that Mitsuru will be included, but there's no fucking way Elizabeth would be.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ said:

@gike987 said:

@StarvingGamer: I think (and hope) that the Empress is Mitsuru.

Why do you think there will be an Empress at all? If we go with 10 characters, then every Major Arcana character from P3/P4 definitely won't be represented.

@Hailinel said:

What? No way. I have my doubts that Mitsuru will be included, but there's no fucking way Elizabeth would be.

Really? All right. Batshit Crazy Speculation Time:

1. Elizabeth is still trying to free Minato from the seal.
    2. She discovers a way to do it, but needs help.
    3. Along the way, she comes across Teddie.
    4. The plan, for whatever reason, involves a fighting tournament.
    5. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
    6. Minato is freed at the game's end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.