localization confirmed?

#1 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

So, yeah, P4U will be playable at some dumb anime con this april. 

Arc systems/Atlus specifically asked the organizers if they could show the game off. They would have no reason to do this if the game wasn't going to reach US shores, right?

Well, its not like there's any doubt it will be brought over anyway...We're talking about Atlus here.

Case in point.

#2 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

I think they'll bring it over here. Persona 4 did well in North America selling 300,000+ here I believe.

#3 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Atlus + 360 + Persona = guaranteed to come to US and eventually Europe & AUS

#4 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Sooty said:
Atlus + 360 + Persona = guaranteed to come to US and eventually Europe & AUS
Yeah, this too. 360 is dead in Japan. Like, "PSP in the west"-dead.
#5 Edited by PenguinDust (12557 posts) -

That linked event is a month before E3 2012, so chances are good it will be there, too.  We might get some video of the staff playing the game next year.

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

There is no doubt, they will bring this game over here as well as Persona 4 The Golden. The real question is whether the game will release in North America at the same time as the Japanese release.

#7 Posted by JeanLuc (3591 posts) -

The Persona games are one of Atlus's most popular series in the west. Trust me, if it has Persona in the title, there's a pretty good chance we will get it.

#8 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

It will come. It has to come.

#9 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: @Vegsen: @wasteguru: Everyone is in agreement then, I guess:P

I just hope neither will take 6 months. We're probably cool on P4U, though. Both Atlus and Aksys latest published fighting games launched simultainously with the JP version
#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@mutha3: Just like I said here, it's almost stupid to not expect it to come here.
#11 Posted by Cathryn (549 posts) -

A little surprised it'll be showing up first at an anime con, but as everyone's said, this isn't unexpected at all.

#12 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4976 posts) -

EVO 2012 GET HYPE!!!

#13 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -

@Cathryn said:

A little surprised it'll be showing up first at an anime con, but as everyone's said, this isn't unexpected at all.

Well the P4 localization was confirmed at an anime con during an Atlus panel on P3.

#14 Posted by metalsnakezero (2318 posts) -

I expect it'll show up in other places since it is a fighting game with a already proven system. I feel they should put it up at EVO to see how fighting fans feel about what this system is like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.