#3 Posted by DonChipotle (2696 posts) -

Naoto is the new Stryker

#4 Posted by el_tajij (708 posts) -

Naoto is THE ONE for me.

> ROUND ONE - FIGHT!

> Naoto: MUDO!

> K.O!!!!

#5 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Naoto's arcade mode story is that she'll murder all of her friends, she'll realize what she's done and she'll shoot herself in the head.

And I hope Teddie rips off a bunch of known fighting game character moves.

And now that every expected character has been announced, any future character announcement is going to be a surprise, which is awesome.

#6 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@DonChipotle said:

Naoto is the new Stryker

#7 Posted by damswedon (3175 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Naoto's arcade mode story is that she'll murder all of her friends, she'll realize what she's done and she'll shoot herself in the head.

She doesn't die however because the gun had no bullets. Instead she summons a new Persona.

#8 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

oh man they actually made teddie play like M.Bison.

This is great.

EDIT:kinda weird that Naoto isn't wearing the Yasogami uniform. Oh well, her Casual Summer outfit is my favorite either way, so I'm cool with this!

#9 Posted by Animasta (14650 posts) -

whatever Kanji or bust man

#10 Edited by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Its a dream come true, I can play as Naoto!

So it looks like there will be two more characters to be announce. I wonder if they will a P5 character in as a way to promote P5. Or it could just be another character from P4 or P3 that can fight.

More screenshots

Really digging Naoto Winter jacket
Did Teddie pull a wolverine?
#11 Posted by Hailinel (23948 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

oh man they actually made teddie play like M.Bison.

This is great.

EDIT:kinda weird that Naoto isn't wearing the Yasogami uniform. Oh well, her Casual Summer outfit is my favorite either way, so I'm cool with this!

PSYCHOKUMA!!!

#12 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11491 posts) -

Two other characters... Hmmm... Personally, I'm pushing for Young Detective, who's moveset with be as much Creepy Raper Guy as you can handle. Also, he already has a persona, so it's not like that would be hard. Otherwise, I don't know of anyone from Persona 3 that I would particularly want. Maybe Koromaru because that would be totally weird.

I also approve of Naoto's use of firearms.

#13 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

I'd be totally down with Teddie ripping off Nightmare Booster:

Although I thought he'd have more of a Taokaka influence. Or even Wolverine.

#14 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Teddies weapon was the claw in persona 4.

#15 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

Someone shoots at Chie AND SHE RUNS THE FUCK TOWARDS IT HEAD ON.

What a woman.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@coakroach said:

Someone shoots at Chie AND SHE RUNS THE FUCK TOWARDS IT HEAD ON.

What a woman.

She's not a woman.
#17 Posted by Tearhead (2155 posts) -

I also have some Naoto and Teddie pics, but Giant Bomb's Terms of Service prevents me from posting them...

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
#19 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Chie has a timer with a skull? It looks like she'll die after that time is over... So... MUDO IS ACTUALLY A FIGHTING MOVE!? We're all fucked. FUCKED. 

EDIT: Judging from that Kanji VS Naoto screenshot... Mudo is a special move. Wow. WOW...

#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@MikeGosot: Yeah, all of the screens where Naoto's fighting someone shows a skull meter on the opponent character, probably Mudo related: 

#21 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Naoto is by far my least favorite Persona 4 character but she looks fun in this game.

#22 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:  Judging from the Kanji screenshot; Mudo, even if it misses, still takes some of your health. Also, it seems that it is easy to pull off, since there's a timer with 85 seconds left and the Mudo "timer" shows 10 seconds. 

There was something like that in a Fist Of The North Star game, but it was fucking HARD to make it happen and the timer was very generous (It showed 3 seconds, but it took WAY more than that.)... I kinda hope that Mudo does not insta-kill you. Or maybe when the timer ends, you have a CHANCE of surviving, or something like that. But who knows... Maybe the thing isn't even a timer.
#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@MikeGosot: I think you're wrong about the Skull display being a timer. I think it's just a numerical indicator indicating some sort of value. ASW isn't making this game unbalanced like that, so it's most likely not an actual, spammable insta-kill move.
#24 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Yeah, i hope it's not a timer. Also, it may not even be Mudo. And i'm curious to see the Almighty moves in this game.
#25 Posted by Seon (3 posts) -

Ah. Nice to see pics of my Main 'Goin' In.' :3

#26 Edited by AxleStukov (114 posts) -

Some more new screens - http://andriasang.com/comysk/

Just a few new action shots, nothing too supri-

JESUS

... Naoto apparently really doesn't like the rest of the team I guess.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@AxleStukov: Thanks for the heads up; I somehow missed this. 
#28 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

I always liked Naoto because she reminded me of the male Persona 3 main character. Also I'd be down if she played like Stryker.

#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Along with that new Rise image, it seems that they updated her in-match portrait: 

Rise stole Yosuke's headphones 
Before it was one of her static images from Persona 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.