Need a good P4 pic for my yellow fightstick

#1 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

I just ordered this yellow Qanba fightstick with the complete intention of replacing the horrid design with a Persona 4-related pic.

I haven't decided which image to use yet, though seeing as how the body of the stick is yellow, I'm thinking a pic with a mostly black background, or at least a black frame. Any suggestions?

Right now I'm looking at stuff like this and this.

#2 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (4864 posts) -
#3 Posted by Irvandus (2645 posts) -
#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4660 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I like this one.

#5 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I like this one.

Same here, I might actually use this one myself.

#6 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

Shit both of these are real good!

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6942 posts) -
@CaptainTightPants

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I like this one.

Same here, I might actually use this one myself.

I vote this one as well.
#8 Posted by Darkstar614 (1097 posts) -

I used the official wallpaper with Yu standing in the middle, with some size adjustments it turned out pretty good. (Brawl Stick replaced with yellow Sanwa stick and buttons.)

#9 Posted by _Soki_ (101 posts) -

@Darkstar614: That looks bad ass.

Anyway here is a good one.

#10 Posted by Irvandus (2645 posts) -

@_Soki_ said:

I take my submission out of the running and instead will join this photo's campaign!

#11 Posted by gravitypenguin (63 posts) -

Speaking of fightsticks I'm planning to mod my brawl stick with one of these designs (and non-terrible parts) soon. Going to need transparent buttons but should be worth it. Hmm second design doesn't want to attach, I'll try again shortly.

#12 Posted by gravitypenguin (63 posts) -

Second design attempt two.There we go :)

#13 Edited by Icemo (630 posts) -

@_Soki_ said:

I would say go with this one. Seems perfect for fightstick with characters at the outer edges.

#14 Posted by _Soki_ (101 posts) -

@gravitypenguin: I like that design seems like something you would see on a fight stick. Good job.

#15 Posted by TechHits (1353 posts) -

@Icemo said:

@_Soki_ said:

I would say go with this one. Seems perfect for fightstick with characters at the outer edges.

The problem with that pic is most of the faces will be covered by buttons.

#16 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

@TechHits said:

@Icemo said:

@_Soki_ said:

The problem with that pic is most of the faces will be covered by buttons.

That's a great pic either way.

#17 Posted by Joker369 (858 posts) -

I used this on my fightstick. It's set up for a madcatz stick though.

#18 Posted by Humanity (8016 posts) -

Not sure if you have a favorite character but these two are nice ones that I think should work well with the button layout

#19 Posted by _Soki_ (101 posts) -

Here is another one. You have a nice amount of pics to choose from now, I think any of the pictures shown on this thread would make an awesome pic for your fight stick.

#20 Posted by LiquidPrince (15632 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I have the official Hori Persona 4 fightstick, but this actually looks pretty awesome.

#21 Posted by TooWalrus (12991 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

I have the official Hori Persona 4 fightstick, but this actually looks pretty awesome.

Is Yu always wearing sandals? This, I've never noticed.

#22 Posted by LiquidPrince (15632 posts) -

@TooWalrus: I don't think he is. Maybe during the summer sections. Or maybe it's a japanese thing where you have to wear sandals in school.

#23 Edited by MikkaQ (10228 posts) -

@Darkstar614 said:

I used the official wallpaper with Yu standing in the middle, with some size adjustments it turned out pretty good. (Brawl Stick replaced with yellow Sanwa stick and buttons.)

Nice job, how'd you get a new skin onto a brawl stick though? Is it a sticker you had custom printed or something?

@TooWalrus: Those are slippers you need to wear in the classroom in Japanese schools. I've watched Tokyo Drift enough times and I'm not ashamed to know what wabaki are.

#24 Posted by gravitypenguin (63 posts) -

@_Soki_ said:

Here is another one. You have a nice amount of pics to choose from now, I think any of the pictures shown on this thread would make an awesome pic for your fight stick.

That reminds me if anyone wants the high res base art I was using for the templates I posted here let me know. 800x559 is useless for printing. There's a lot of sick stuff posted here now so plenty to choose from :)

#25 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (4864 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Is Yu always wearing sandals? This, I've never noticed.

I thought they were slip ons.

#26 Posted by gravitypenguin (63 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@Darkstar614 said:

Nice job, how'd you get a new skin onto a brawl stick though? Is it a sticker you had custom printed or something?

@TooWalrus: Those are slippers you need to wear in the classroom in Japanese schools. I've watched Tokyo Drift enough times and I'm not ashamed to know what wabaki are.

Short answer is yes it's a sticker of sorts. Fortunately there's pretty comprehensive information on the modding process for the non-TE sticks available so you don't have to go in blind:

http://driph.com/words/2009/02/howto-add-new-art-to-your-madcatz-fightstick/

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/guide-how-to-put-art-under-clear-seimitsu-buttons.25926/

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-how-to-mod-your-sfiv-se-fightstick-faq.56839/

#27 Posted by lead_farmer (1038 posts) -

@gravitypenguin said:

Second design attempt two.There we go :)

P3P YEAH!!

#28 Posted by MikkaQ (10228 posts) -

@gravitypenguin: Thanks for the links! I'm getting tired of at staring at cartoon The Rock and Triple H.

#29 Posted by Oniros (7 posts) -

This one's nice too,

#30 Posted by LD50 (416 posts) -

@_Soki_ said:

My vote.

#31 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

Thanks guys! I took all these as inspiration and my buddy is helping me photoshop something together!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.