Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

New character revealed: Labrys

• 120 results
    ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ApeGantz

Another mech type character. How about a human character.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#52  Edited By Hailinel

@AngelN7 said:

The only thing I don't like about her it's her position as president of the student concil, I can kinda see how Aigis can trick the students and teachers of Gekkoukan HS (I don't know how they cover her big robot legs since I played P3P and you couldn't see the in-game models) but Labrys looks a bit over the top for people not to notice her, I mean sure P4 was just as much crazy anime as P3 was but I felt P4 was a bit more grounded in reality at least the part were they weren't doing crazy stuff like using their powers in front of people well they couldn't ... well I don't know this is just me nitpicking I don't really mind if they include more characters or new characters , but if you're gonna do a robot chick just do the robot chick.

Aigis always went to school in her winter uniform, so more of her body was covered. Beyond that, they don't really disguise her too much.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By PixelPrinny

If Yukari doesn't make the console release, I'm not interested!

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By Commisar123

I'm interested to find out more about the mechs in that world

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By Catolf

loving the design.. I like me some Robo girls.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hailinel

@PixelPrinny said:

The game is going to feature alt-color schemes for Persona characters that apparently aren't in the game. Among those are the P3 Protagonist (alt for Yu), Chidori (alt for Yukiko) and Yukari (alt for Chie).

And I would not exactly be too broken up over no Yukari, seeing as The Answer completely soured me on her.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#57  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel said:

The game is going to feature alt-color schemes for Persona characters that apparently aren't in the game.

Because Atlus doesn't give a shit about the laws of reality?

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PixelPrinny

@Hailinel said:

@PixelPrinny said:

The game is going to feature alt-color schemes for Persona characters that apparently aren't in the game. Among those are the P3 Protagonist (alt for Yu), Chidori (alt for Yukiko) and Yukari (alt for Chie).

And I would not exactly be too broken up over no Yukari, seeing as The Answer completely soured me on her.

Alternate colors do not additional characters make. Arcana Heart 3 had a Miku-color palette for one of the characters. That doesn't mean Miku was in the game >.>

As for the Answer, I liked her even more after that because that's exactly how I would have reacted in her situation as well. Was it the smartest thing for her to do? No, but emotions make us do crazy things at times.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hailinel

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel said:

The game is going to feature alt-color schemes for Persona characters that apparently aren't in the game.

No, because they're color palettes that are meant as fun references to other characters and games in the series.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#60  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel said:

No, because they're color palettes that are meant as fun references to other characters and games in the series.

That doesn't make the sentence make sense.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hailinel

@PixelPrinny said:

@Hailinel said:

@PixelPrinny said:

Alternate colors do not additional characters make. Arcana Heart 3 had a Miku-color palette for one of the characters. That doesn't mean Miku was in the game >.>

As for the Answer, I liked her even more after that because that's exactly how I would have reacted in her situation as well. Was it the smartest thing for her to do? No, but emotions make us do crazy things at times.

Yeah, I know it doesn't mean that Yukari is in the game. if anything, a Yukari color-palette is a sign that she's not in the game. At least, not in a playable capacity. I never really expected her to be in the game, though.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PixelPrinny

@Hailinel said:

Yeah, I know it doesn't mean that Yukari is in the game. if anything, a Yukari color-palette is a sign that she's not in the game. At least, not in a playable capacity. I never really expected her to be in the game, though.

Ahh well, one less fighting game for me to worry about this year, then! :D

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@PixelPrinny: Yukari is cool and all but the only Persona 3 characters I feel strongly about are thankfully in the game. I never found that game to have nearly as strong a cast as 4.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Not sure how I feel about this new character. I'm sure she'll be fine and the character design is similar to Aigis, but Aigis made more since in Persona 3 then 4(Though she still felt a bit out of place to me). I also don't feel any attachment to her because shes new. This game seemed filled with fan-service so I expected another older character to return instead.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PixelPrinny

@ImmortalSaiyan: We'll just hafta agree to disagree on that front then; I found most of the characters in 4 to be relatively weak or underdeveloped :P Anyways, as this game no longer interests me and we've strayed somewhat off-topic, I'mma bow out of this thread. *ninja vanish!*

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Hailinel

@PixelPrinny said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: We'll just hafta agree to disagree on that front then; I found most of the characters in 4 to be relatively weak or underdeveloped :P Anyways, as this game no longer interests me and we've strayed somewhat off-topic, I'mma bow out of this thread. *ninja vanish!*

I actually found the characters in P4 to be more developed and in some ways stronger. At the very least, their characterizations weren't largely "I hate [insert fellow SEES member's name] and want to stab them in the back for [insert reason here]." :P

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Hailinel: Ken was pretty bad, yeah. In fact I totally forgot he was even in the game until you brought him up. I'm a big fan of Naoto but I at least remember her.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Here's a couple of images of her in action.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

What? I don't hate the design but what?

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By neurotic

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@PixelPrinny: Yukari is cool and all but the only Persona 3 characters I feel strongly about are thankfully in the game. I never found that game to have nearly as strong a cast as 4.

Agreed on both accounts. The only other P3 characters I really like are Shinji and Fuuka and they are dead and not cut out for fighting respectively. P4 has better characters and is overall a better game but I found P3 to have a slightly better story perhaps because I'm conditioned to think that darker = better.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By mutha3
    @Neurotic said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Agreed on both accounts. The only other P3 characters I really like are Shinji and Fuuka and they are dead and not cut out for fighting respectively. P4 has better characters and is overall a better game but I found P3 to have a slightly better story perhaps because I'm conditioned to think that darker = better.

No worries, I'm not conditioned to think that Darker=better, and I'd say P3 has a better plot and ending than P4. P4 definitely has the stronger set of characters though, imo.
    PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By PixelPrinny

@mutha3 said:

@Neurotic said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

No worries, I'm not conditioned to think that Darker=better, and I'd say P3 has a better plot and ending than P4. P4 definitely has the stronger set of characters though, imo.

Fine, y'all brought me back in here to defend my position:

Kanji would have been a great character if the dev's didn't chicken out in confirming the fact that he's gay. He was still cool but it was disappointing to see how they ultimately handled it. "Phew, I'm so not gay cause it turns out he's actually a she."

Naoto was a severely underdeveloped character that arrived too late to be of any use. No one was fooled by the whole "yo I am totally a dude, no seriously, you guys" facade.

All of the girls swooning over Teddy's human form was just bizarre. But Japan, I guess.

Rise was annoying as fuck. "Hi senpai! Good job senpai! I love you senpai!"

Yukiko was an idiot and poorly written. "I'm the smartest in the class and the upcoming proprietor of a high-class inn but I'm completely clueless when it comes to basic things like cooking or commonsense, teehee!"

Yosuke is a homophobic piece of shit in the second half of the game that I just wanted to punch in the face.

Yes, Chie was great. We all know this. And the really strong characters were the Dojimas (Nanako and Ryotaro) who I thought were by far the most interesting characters in the game.

But again, just my opinion.

Edit: And this isn't to say P3 isn't without its weak characters (Ken can die in a fire for all I care, for example).

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By Getz

What the hell? That doesn't really belong in Persona 4.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Catolf
    @PixelPrinny: I agree with everything Said here.. except:

Yes, Chie was great. We all know this.

Chie can go burn in a fire with Ken. (you know what you did Ken... YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID)
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Catolf: :O

Eff you, Cat! Chie is great!

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Catolf
    @Cloudenvy said:

@Catolf: :O

Eff you, Cat! Chie is great!

Great if you mean "I like annoying TRIAL-OF-THE-DRA-GON watching rather usless girls until you hit level 73 or so and finally get God hand..." then yes, She's great.. XP (though Teddie is a better Bufu caster and Kanji knocks Chie out of the park.)
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mutha3
    @PixelPrinny

Yosuke's an idiot, but I think he's probably one of the more realistically written characters in both games along with Ai.
    Its a little disappointing that they backed off on establishing Naoto/Kanji as trans/gay respectively, I agree. But I still think they managed to tackle the subject of gender-identity issues with class even though they chickened out a bit at the end there by leaving it ambiguous.

Characters in P3 were way too melodramatic for my tastes, I guess. Your entire team consists of orphans!(even the goddamn dog!) Even with some of the missteps the P4 writers made, their down-to-earth characterizations still resonated a lot more with me than the 3rd time we heard someone's parent died in P3 :P

No one was fooled by the whole "yo I am totally a dude, no seriously, you guys" facade. 

*shrug* I have a feeling this plot point wouldn't be harped upon nearly as much as it is now if the Endurance Run and the Hiimdaisy comics didn't exist. Naoto honestly doesn't look that feminine by anime standards. 

Oh, and

"I'm the smartest in the school and the upcoming CEO of a multinational company but I'm completely clueless when it comes to basic things like cooking or commonsense, teehee!"

;p
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By Brendan

Does she not have feet, or am I looking at it incorrectly? It looks like she has robot hooves.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mutha3
    @Brendan said:

Does she not have feet, or am I looking at it incorrectly? It looks like she has robot hooves.

Nope, she's feetless. 

Aigis' got them robot hooves as well: 

No Caption Provided
    neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By neurotic

: I'm with you on Naoto, she's boring as hell. You didn't really say anything against Teddie, just that you thought him having a human form is wierd. So, Kanji's not as good a character cos he isn't gay? Alright. I'm ambivalent on Yukiko but Yosuke is nowhere near the complete monster people make him out to be. He is a realistic portrayal of a 16-year old male. Excluding the campout where I will admit that he is an ass, all of his 'homophobia' is obviously tounge-in-cheek and intended to get a reaction from Kanji. He is bone-headed for sure, but not the insensitive, malicious asshole I've seen him made out to be.

@mutha3 said:

Characters in P3 were way too melodramatic for my tastes, I guess. Your entire team consists of orphans!(even the goddamn dog!) Even with some of the missteps the P4 writers made, their down-to-earth characterizations still resonated a lot more with me than the 3rd time we heard someone's parent died in P3 :P

This. Although, to be pedantic, not all of them are orphans. Junpei has at least his dad, Mitsuru too (for a while), Yukari still has a mother and Fuuka has both of her parents, she just doesn't like them. They're still estranged from them though so it's all the same really.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mutha3
    @Neurotic said:

@mutha3 said:

This. Although, to be pedantic, not all of them are orphans. Junpei has at least his dad, Mitsuru too (for a while), Yukari still has a mother and Fuuka has both of her parents, she just doesn't like them. They're still estranged from them though so it's all the same really.

Yeah, I said "orphan", but that was just a lazy shorthand for "lost at least one parent".

Good point about Fuuka, though. Forgot all about her parents.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Catolf
    @mutha3 said:

"I'm the smartest in the school and the upcoming CEO of a multinational company but I'm completely clueless when it comes to basic things like cooking or commonsense, teehee!"

;p
    Mitsuru grew up rich and everything given to her, why would she need to cook? And if her father passed she'd become CEO which isn't unrealistic. And for the most part she wasn't a blaring idiot like most of the p4 cast.. i mean.. how MANY TIMES MUST YOU GO OVER THE SITUATION? Didn't they just do it, at home.. at school.. in the TV? At the boss place? geeze...

Country bumkins... XP
    Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#83  Edited By Nux

I'm still waiting to see if Shinjiro is going to be in the game.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mutha3
    @Catolf said:

@mutha3 said:

;p
    Mitsuru grew up rich and everything given to her, why would she need to cook? And if her father passed she'd become CEO which isn't unrealistic.
    I...uhh...Guess? Same thing can be said about Amagi, she lives in an inn, why would she need to cook? She's the daughter of  the inn owner as well, so taking over isn't outlandish either.

Mitsuru easily takes the cake with this stuff anyway, half her S-link is lugging her around to various foodplaces and hearing things like "WOT IS A BURGER????" and "how does a lady act in a ramen shop?!?!"
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Catolf
    @mutha3 said:
    @Catolf said:

@mutha3 said:

;p
    Mitsuru grew up rich and everything given to her, why would she need to cook? And if her father passed she'd become CEO which isn't unrealistic.
    I...uhh...Guess? Same thing can be said about Amagi, she lives in an inn, why would she need to cook? She's the daughter of  the inn owner as well, so taking over isn't outlandish either.   Mitsuru easily takes the cake with this stuff anyway, half her S-link is lugging her around to various foodplaces and hearing things like "WOT IS A BURGER????" and "how does a lady act in a ramen shop?!?!"
    I don't think Yukiko was that dang rich...

They owned a inn.. not rolling in dough like you'd figure a CEO whom can make thier own robots could.. <<
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Hailinel
    @mutha3
    @Catolf said:

@mutha3 said:

;p
    I...uhh...Guess? Same thing can be said about Amagi, she lives in an inn, why would she need to cook? She's the daughter of  the inn owner as well, so taking over isn't outlandish either.

Mitsuru easily takes the cake with this stuff anyway, half her S-link is lugging her around to various foodplaces and hearing things like "WOT IS A BURGER????" and "how does a lady act in a ramen shop?!?!"
    Not to mention that all of the P4 girls seem to have studied at the Akane Tendo School of Culinary Incompetence. It's a running gag. At least, I was amused by it. :P
    Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Vashyron

Huh. She looks interesting enough. Sort of a combination between Ark and Atlus character design, which makes sense.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By bigdaddy81
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

@mutha3 said:

@Neurotic said:

@mutha3 said:

Yeah, I said "orphan", but that was just a lazy shorthand for "lost at least one parent". Good point about Fuuka, though. Forgot all about her parents.

They were doctors weren't they? Her circumstances were more a result of the pressure placed upon her, much like Mitsuru (for the most part). Starting off I found Fuuka's backstory to be pretty heartbreaking, she just doesn't fit in, at all.

And man, Yosuke a bad character?! Someone hold me back! Yes he is a dick, and he does display a homophobic sentiment on more than one occasion, but that's kind of his deal. Not that I'm going to say I condone that, but he is supposed to represent the average teenager by all accounts, and on that front he is an astounding success. I mean, just how much does he have to remind everyone that going into the Bathhouse is not cool. His declarations come off as forced more than anything, its his way of dealing with the awkwardness of being confronted with such a situation. Anything regarding sexuality is all about perception, especially when you're a teenager, I would not expect him to be fully capable of dealing with that situation.

This would be unforgivable if he did not mature and progress as a character, but he does, and my opinion followed suit. Yes, he is far from likeable initially, but he grows (for the most part) out of those childish conceits by the story's end, and it felt natural.

His default personality of being an utter snarker is precisely because of his initial insecurities, and past the opening jibes before you really meet Kanji, I felt his jokes were of the light-hearted variety. I'd understand the other side of the argument if he was a bigot, but his prevailing attitude is more a consequence of his immaturity over any genuine beliefs. At least in my opinion.

The characters of P4 worked for me because they more or less began as defined Anime tropes and managed to invert those, especially when contrasted to a good chunk of the P3 cast.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Catolf
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#92  Edited By Wraith1
    neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By neurotic

@WatanabeKazuma: No, they come from a family of doctors but are not doctors themselves so are looked down on and that's why they pressure Fuuka. I think somewhere in her S.Link she mentions her father getting her into techy stuff so I thought he was an IT guy or a mechanic or something. Fuuka is my favourite character in P3 by a pretty long way. She doesn't freak out nearly as much as the rest of them and seems to just be down-to-earth and normal, not all dysfunctional. It's unfortunate that her English VA does a bit of a dodgy job. Also, agree with everything you said about Yosuke.

@Wraith1 said:

Also it appears Labrys appeared in a drama cd for Persona 3

Really? Well, talk about Ascended Extra.

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#94  Edited By obscurefan

Glad to hear this, I thought the original lineup was a little small for a good fighting game.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By iamjohn

@mutha3 said:

Ehhhhhh......I really don't like her character design. Has all that silly accessorizing going on Soejima tends to avoid. I also dislike the concept of robot girls in the Persona world.

Yeah, exactly. I ended up really liking Aigis in the end, but it was in spite of the utter stupidity of her character's existence; and Metis was overkill already. Now we ned a third stupid robot lady?

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

@Neurotic: Ah, that's the one, I thought I may be getting a little muddled somewhere along the way! Agreed, Fuuka is great, monotone delivery be damned!

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Catolf
    @Neurotic said:

@Wraith1 said:

Also it appears Labrys appeared in a drama cd for Persona 3

Really? Well, talk about Ascended Extra.

It's nice to see she isn't out from no where. Though I would like to see maybe a persona 5 character make a cameo, maybe in a way you wouldn't notice at first.
    bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By bigdaddy81

@FluxWaveZ: I knew it specified the arcade version in the article but didn't realize she had already been confirmed as a playable character in the console versions. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By shaunk

Why waste a character slot on another cyborg? Lets get some real characters in there. Yukari even.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#100  Edited By landon

100 bucks she's a Persona 5 character

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.