Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

New character revealed: Labrys

• 120 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Landon: $1,000 she has absolutely nothing to do with Persona 5.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By landon

@FluxWaveZ said:

$10,000 that not only is she in Persona 5, but she's also the main character.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#103  Edited By Catolf
    @Landon said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

$20,000 she's in persona 5 but as a supporting character and not main.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By FluxWaveZ

You guys are nuts. She's a Persona 4 character, potentially with a Persona 3 high school logo on her left leg and she is at the core of the story in Persona 4 Arena.

If Labrys has anything to do with Persona 5, I swear that game will be utter madness.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By landon

@Catolf said:

@Landon said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

$30,000 at some point in the game she wears night vision goggles.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ said:

You guys are nuts. She's a Persona 4 character, potentially with a Persona 3 high school logo on her left leg and she is at the core of the story in Persona 4 Arena.

If Labrys has anything to do with Persona 5, I swear that game will be utter madness.

But she was confirmed as a Persona 3 cameo (drama CD), why not making one in P4A one to showcase Persona 5.. it's not madness. He'll it's Catherine all over again.

@Landon said:

@Catolf said:

@Landon said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

$30,000 at some point in the game she wears night vision goggles.

$40,000 and she falls in love with the MC/ they make her feel more 'human'
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Catolf said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

But she was confirmed as a Persona 3 cameo (drama CD), why not making one in P4A one to showcase Persona 5.. it's not madness. He'll it's Catherine all over again.

It's not Catherine all over again because Vincent doesn't belong to the Persona series, and his cameo was much more obscure than Lybris. Presumably, Lybris is already at the core of Persona 4 Arena and her story will be concluded there. I really don't think she'll be making an appearance in Persona 5.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ said:

@Catolf said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

It's not Catherine all over again because Vincent doesn't belong to the Persona series, and his cameo was much more obscure than Lybris. Presumably, Lybris is already at the core of Persona 4 Arena and her story will be concluded there. I really don't think she'll be making an appearance in Persona 5.

As far as we know she shows up in the drama CD for Persona 3 (thats one game) in persona 4 (arena, not the actual game -rpg-) she is the student body president (unknown if this is even just a cover, she DID show up in p3 drama CD and is no doubt a creation of Mitsuru's lab) how is it impossible to say she'd show up in persona 5.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Catolf: Because it'd be like expecting a Persona 4 main character to appear and play a part in Persona 5. Why are we to expect that Lybris will make an appearance in Persona 5 just because she's an original creation for the Persona 4 fighting game? And additionally, why are we to expect that she plays a part in Persona 5 when her story will most likely be done with by the end of Persona 4 Arena and when Persona 3 and Persona 4 are separate stories where main characters are not involved with each other?

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ: But they did appear in p3p.. Yukiko showed up and played a minimal but a part all the same. And how do we know she was just made for the Arena? Especially if she is confirmed in a persona 3 drama CD. Besides, this is pretty much 3 persona 3 characters playing parts and in a canon story no less of persona 4.

I think until we get more information I don't think we can rule anything out...
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Catolf: Oh that's right, she's not really an original character because of that drama CD. And that's true, three Persona 3 characters are taking in part to a canon story relating to Persona 4, but this is also a fighting game and not a mainline new Persona title. Essentially, this could be called Persona 4-2 in terms of story. That's why I wasn't too affected by the involvement of Persona 3 characters. For a full on franchise sequel by the title of "Persona 5", I just can't see any previous character in the series taking part in the story in any meaningful way. Young Yukiko was in P3P, yeah, but she was just in a position of a cameo; she didn't affect the plot.

But Lybris is also at the center of the game's story, given what seems to be unveiled in the arcade mode, which is why I think it would be weird to see her have another conflict in a bigger game. If we're to think Lybris has a chance of showing up in Persona 5, I think we should agree that the Persona 3 main character as well as Elizabeth have an equal amount of chance.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By Cloudenvy

@FluxWaveZ: I'm just going to say: Elizabeth should totally show up in Persona 5.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ: Elizabeth, Aigis and Minato I don't doubt have more than a 70% chance. I still and will stand by what I said a year ago when I saw Margaret talking of her sisters plans to 'save' the p3 main that this was going to take effect in persona 5. Or have something to do with persona 5. Why even bring it up and make a big deal about it if they are going to do nothing with it?

I think it's the reason for Mitsuru and Akihiko and Aigis showing up in p4A, (though I think Aigis stole something from Mitsuru and Akihiko came along cause Aigis' drive to save the main is strong.) and why new girl in p4 is there (don't remember her name but she IS from the velvet room)
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Catolf: Well, they could have just used that statement with Margaret as a plot safeguard just in case they wanted to do anything with it in the future. Given the obscurity of the boss required to reach to hear it, it might not mean anything at all, really. 

And yes, Mitsuru is in Inaba because she gets something stolen from her (not necessarily from Aigis, though), but Akihiko is just there because he wants to train or accompany Mitsuru and we don't know why Aigis is there. I don't think Marie's going to be in Persona 4 Arena at all either since she's not been shown yet, at least. 

Everything really revolves around Labrys; the Arena exists because of her. I don't think the Persona 3 main character will take any part in P4A.
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ: Ah her name was Marie. I couldn't remember it for the life of me. lol

No i wasn't meaning that Minato was going to take part or anything of the sort (or Marie). I'm just saying it's a stepping stone, like laying the ground work to some extent. Also, where did you get that the Arena was created for her exclusively?
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Catolf
    @FluxWaveZ: Oh wow, I defiantly can see that now. Also that is a pretty damn awesome stage she get's.. rather morbid in a way. 

Also.. I suddenly want to main Labrys now...
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#118  Edited By metalsnakezero

@FluxWaveZ: I think its safe to say that Atlus made another nice little story for a fighting game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By FluxWaveZ

General spoilerish info on Labrys that I think is accurate and that I might as well post here:

• The arena as a whole is Labrys' Shadow dungeon.
    • The reason the arena is mostly composed of school locations is because it represents her envy for those who have a school life.
    • She's not really any student council president. She just decided to delude herself and become the "student council president" of her own Shadow world.

@metalsnakezero said:

@FluxWaveZ: I think its safe to say that Atlus made another nice little story for a fighting game.

Thing is, that's not even all of it as the real manipulator behind everything is still unknown. It is presumed we will know all about this in the console version.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#120  Edited By Wraith1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.