New Playable Characters: Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys

  • 103 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

Confirmed in the latest Famitsu, these two characters (along with normal Labrys) will be joining P4A's arcade version as well as the console versions (most probably).

Dates that they'll be added to Japanese arcades:

  • Labrys: March 22nd
  • Elizabeth: April 5th
  • Shadow Labrys: April 19th

Source

Elizabeth's Persona will be Thanatos and she will have a special move that switches the HP and SP of her opponent.

Elizabeth and Thanatos, huh? Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'!?

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Okay that's pretty fucking cool.

#3 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4485 posts) -

I'm still waiting for my Shin Chie, Devil Chie, Evil Chie, Super Saiyan 4 Chie, True Chie, Hokage Chie, Chie-ass-Chie, and Bikini Chie.

#4 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Labrys and Shadow Labrys? Come on, that's really lame, even if they play completely different.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

@ricetopher said:

Labrys and Shadow Labrys? Come on, that's really lame, even if they play completely different.

Not really. She's there for plot purposes and I'm glad they're having her be playable instead of just being an unplayable boss character.

#6 Posted by Commisar123 (1792 posts) -

yeah alright that sounds cool

#7 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

I suspected one of the Velvet Staff will join in, but holy shiiiiiiiit!

Now it'll be a tougher choice on who I should main! D:

#8 Posted by SilvarusLupus (310 posts) -

Awesome. Wasn't expecting Elizabeth at all, and I had a small suspicion that Shadow Labrys would be playable.

#9 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11720 posts) -

Elizabeth is top tier. Calling it.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (24707 posts) -

OH SHI--

But nope, still no P3 Hero. :P

#11 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

Hm, I may have rather had Ryoji using Thanatos, but Elizabeth is fine too.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (8227 posts) -

I love this game. Fuck they need to resurrect Chidori somehow.

#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Pfft, Margaret is better. Regardless this good news, I just hope Labrys and her shadow self play different.

#14 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

Torn on this game. I'm pretty awful at fighting games and wasn't a fan of BlazBlue, but man, it's Persona...

#15 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Elizabeth is fucking awesome!!!!

#16 Posted by AxleStukov (114 posts) -

Man, I was going to main Chie, but fucking Thanatos?

Elizabeth for life.

#17 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

Thanatos was terrible in P3 though!

#18 Posted by WarlordPayne (700 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

I love this game. Fuck they need to resurrect Chidori somehow.

She does get resurrected in P3FES.

#19 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Put Yukari and Junpei in there, and then we'll talk.

#20 Posted by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

Elizabeth will destroy us all! DO I need to keep switching Persona every second now?

Also nice for Labrys to be confirm.

#21 Posted by InsidiousTuna (383 posts) -

Can't wait for this damn game. So excited.

#22 Posted by Sanj (2387 posts) -

Damn, that's awesome.

#23 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -

Elizabeth? Oh hell yes! Now much add Yukari and both P3MCs and I'll be all set.

#24 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

At this point I'm hoping they add grown up Jumpei,Yukari ,Ken and K-dog and call this Persona 4 Arena.

#25 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -

So cool :D

#26 Posted by PenguinDust (12512 posts) -

@Apathylad said:

Put Yukari and Junpei in there, and then we'll talk.

Yeah, I want more P3 added. I know everyone is older, as reflected in Mitsuru's black leather jumpsuit, but I don't see any reason why these central characters can't be included, too. Still, more is good in a fighting game as long as there's some sense of balance maintained.

#27 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

At this point I'm hoping they add grown up Jumpei,Yukari ,Ken and K-dog and call this Persona 4 Arena.

i don't really know why they haven't already, there's so many P3 characters in it

#28 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

that life switch move could be very intresting

awesome news

#29 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@Apathylad said:

Put Yukari and Junpei in there, and then we'll talk.

This.
#30 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

After I beat her, can I take her on a date?

#31 Posted by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

After I beat her, can I take her on a date?

I think she'll consider the fight as a date.

#32 Posted by Wraith1 (561 posts) -

so Elizabeth confirmed for god tier?

#33 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

Heh, this is shaping up just as I figured it would... Loving it.

#34 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

As long as they leave Minato in his casket, I'm totally okay with this.

#35 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

I'm guessing these are P3 characters? I'm totally ignorant on the subject...

#36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

@TooWalrus: Elizabeth is a Persona 3 character. Labrys is a new character, so essentially a Persona 4 character.

#37 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1665 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Pfft, Margaret is better.

What?!

#38 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Pfft, Margaret is better.

What?!

Well, canonically, Margaret is stronger than Elizabeth as she mentions in Persona 4...

#39 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@TooWalrus: Elizabeth is a Persona 3 character. Labrys is a new character, so essentially a Persona 4 character.

Labrys is a P3 character. She was in a Persona 3 CD or something.
#40 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@TooWalrus: Elizabeth is a Persona 3 character. Labrys is a new character, so essentially a Persona 4 character.

Labrys is a P3 character. She was in a Persona 3 CD or something.

Oh that's right, I keep on forgetting about that.

#41 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@MikeGosot said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@TooWalrus: Elizabeth is a Persona 3 character. Labrys is a new character, so essentially a Persona 4 character.

Labrys is a P3 character. She was in a Persona 3 CD or something.

Oh that's right, I keep on forgetting about that.

Well, a Persona 3 CD that you probably didn't listen is not pretty memorable. Also, am i the only one hoping for Adachi to show up?
#42 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@MikeGosot said:
Also, am i the only one hoping for Adachi to show up?
No.
 
No, you are not.
#43 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
@MikeGosot said:
Also, am i the only one hoping for Adachi to show up?
No.  No, you are not.
You should have posted this:
 
#44 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Pfft, Margaret is better.

What?!

Well, canonically, Margaret is stronger than Elizabeth as she mentions in Persona 4...

I just prefer her appearance and voice.

#45 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

I'm still waiting for my Shin Chie, Devil Chie, Evil Chie, Super Saiyan 4 Chie, True Chie, Hokage Chie, Chie-ass-Chie, and Bikini Chie.

No Russian Martian Chie?

#46 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

  

  Is that a Lisa Silverman color I see for Labrys?
#47 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1665 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Pfft, Margaret is better.

What?!

Well, canonically, Margaret is stronger than Elizabeth as she mentions in Persona 4...

I just prefer her appearance and voice.

Elizabeth's fascination with the human world is great! The dates with her that they added in FES are the funniest scenes in that game, if you ask me.

Plus, Margaret doesn't put out.

#48 Posted by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -

Fuck yeah, I've been waiting for Elizabeth to be announced. I'll take this over Yukari any day.

I was hoping for an overpowered Jack Frost to be her Persona though, but Thanatos is cool too. Hope he's better here than in the actual game. Does make me wonder if that means P3 protagonist won't be in the game, but I guess he could still have Orpheus.

#49 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

@ricetopher: I thought Labrys' Insta-Kill was very good. Looked like she was chopping up five rows of onions without crying! (I don't think she's able to cry, though.)

#50 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4604 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

I'm still waiting for my Shin Chie, Devil Chie, Evil Chie, Super Saiyan 4 Chie, True Chie, Hokage Chie, Chie-ass-Chie, and Bikini Chie.

Russian Martian Chie.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.