New screenshots show off title system

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

New screenshots posted on Siliconera show off the game's online title system where you can customize your title with preset words:

Players unlock words to use for their title as they play the game and fulfill certain objectives. Other new images posted show off the game's Challenge Mode, main menu, story dialogue and the fact that this guy is back and has become a detective.

Source

Wonder how many members of the "Chie army" are going to use that dreadful "I ♥ Chie" title.

#2 Posted by endaround (2146 posts) -

So God Hand Bro Fist must be available right?

#3 Posted by Aegon (5645 posts) -

Never mind an F, but you can have an F- grade?

wtf

#4 Posted by Beforet (2922 posts) -

Gluten-Free Elder God? YES

#5 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Wonder how many members of the "Chie army" are going to use that dreadful "I ♥ Chie" title.

What's so dreadful about it?

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

The fact that it is a display of admiration for Chie Satonaka.

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -

Will this game just come out already!

#8 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Carnal Chie Bro Fist will be my title.

#9 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

I ♥ Yukiko is more like it.

#10 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Hailinel said:

The fact that it is a display of admiration for Chie Satonaka.

We are no longer friends from this point on.

#11 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -

I love the Menus in this game. I assume it works similar to how all titles work in that it is a cosmetic label. Is this correct?

#12 Edited by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I'm actually not into fighting games, but this looks neat :]

#13 Posted by BigChief (503 posts) -

"Steak" better be one of the words you can use.

#14 Posted by Brodehouse (9952 posts) -

HAHAHAHAHAAHA HOLY SHIT

Bake 'em Away Toys.

Holy fucking shit.

GOD that show is basically the uniting strand of an entire generation.

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

We are no longer friends from this point on.

Ha, I do not actually detest Chie (very much), but I will make it my own personal goal to utterly destroy anyone I play against with that title.

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I love the Menus in this game. I assume it works similar to how all titles work in that it is a cosmetic label. Is this correct?

Yeah, the titles are purely cosmetic.

#16 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

So is it gonna be lame where you can only use certain words in certain places or will I be able to write:

Can Beat To Chie.

?

#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

So is it gonna be lame where you can only use certain words in certain places or will I be able to write:

Can Beat To Chie.

?

It's not specified, but I'm pretty sure that you could use that exact combination. I'm assuming all words and terms (there will be around 3,000) will be able to be placed in any order in the three phrase sections.

#18 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Excellent!

Makes me wish Theatrhythm did it, or at least had dumb words like "bro" to choose from. My current byline is the positively tame "Friendly and deceptive Thief", ugh.

#19 Posted by JeanLuc (3585 posts) -

Gah I just want this game to come out already.

#20 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

@FluxWaveZ: Excellent!

Makes me wish Theatrhythm did it, or at least had dumb words like "bro" to choose from. My current byline is the positively tame "Friendly and deceptive Thief", ugh.

You need to think more outside the box.

#21 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Wow, that's a fair amount of 'care-actors'. And that's a really good title system!

#22 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

"Where's Yukari & Junpei?" is gonna be my title. That has to be in, right?

#23 Posted by RetroVirus (1473 posts) -

Here's to hoping for secret endurance run references!

#24 Posted by DonChipotle (2763 posts) -

God Fist Naoto

#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@RetroVirus: If there was a venue for ER references in a Persona game, this would be it. Though, I can't really think of any specific ones that could be directly associated with the ER instead of a general P4 phrase ("Funky Student", "Mysterious Fox", "Bufu"...).

#26 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@RetroVirus: If there was a venue for ER references in a Persona game, this would be it. Though, I can't really think of any specific ones that could be directly associated with the ER instead of a general P4 phrase ("Funky Student", "Mysterious Fox", "Bufu"...).

Well just "Endurance Run" would be a good start. I would personally love a Hiimdaisy reference with "Disco" "Ninja" "Frog" though.

#27 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1457 posts) -

I hope they do the right thing and start everyone's title off as ghoul

#28 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1457 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

They could use charlie, just thrown in there for no reason

#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@Dizzyhippos said:

They could use charlie, just thrown in there for no reason

"Charlie" and "Tunoku" would be great ones.

#30 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@Dizzyhippos said:

I hope they do the right thing and start everyone's title off as ghoul

nah, pixie; ghoul was level 30 in strange journey for cryin out loud

#31 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Probably alone in this, but I'd rather see a PS3/X360 release of P4:Golden than this. But wohoo for the fighting fans out there. :)

#32 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

Probably alone in this, but I'd rather see a PS3/X360 release of P4:Golden than this. But wohoo for the fighting fans out there. :)

I'm not a fighting game fan by any means (I mean I enjoyed the story in mortal kombat but that's it), but this does continue the story of P4 and P3 where golden does not so...

#33 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

You'd rather there be one game that exists instead of two? Plus, this is a Persona 4 sequel.

#34 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@Animasta: Sounds like we're in the same position then; I too enjoyed the story in MK, but barely touched it after that. Might pick this up when it's cheaper, but I honestly can't see myself paying full price for it...no matter how big of a fan I am of the Persona franchise.

#35 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

@Animasta: Sounds like we're in the same position then; I too enjoyed the story in MK, but barely touched it after that. Might pick this up when it's cheaper, but I honestly can't see myself paying full price for it...no matter how big of a fan I am of the Persona franchise.

this story mode is also like, 40 hours or something crazy

#36 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: @Animasta: Hehe, fair enough. Also, I'm a sucker living in EU, so I'll have to wait even longer before it's released over here. By then I probably know more about the game, and if it's worth picking up!

#37 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Tres bien! too bad I suck(?) at fighting games to make use of those titles.

#38 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@AngelN7: Then you could have your title be "I cannot beat anyone".

#39 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

This is great! Can't wait to make some inappropriate titles. Or just stick with I <3 Chie.

#40 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: That's too obvious there must be a "You cannot beat me!" card so when people see my 0-0 win/lose ratio they will know why.

#41 Posted by Blannir (247 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

HAHAHAHAHAAHA HOLY SHIT

Bake 'em Away Toys.

Holy fucking shit.

GOD that show is basically the uniting strand of an entire generation.

So much this, I can't believe they included something like that.

#42 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

As much as I love Persona 4 (and 3 as well), it's hard for me to get too excited about this because I'm not a big fan of fighting games.

#43 Posted by JeanLuc (3585 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Well just "Endurance Run" would be a good start. I would personally love a Hiimdaisy reference with "Disco" "Ninja" "Frog" though.

How about "Dominatrix" "Banana" "Head" or "No" "Dinner" "Tonight"?

#44 Posted by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -

There got to be a "Cast Bufu" somewhere in the phase menu.

#45 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@metalsnakezero said:

There got to be a "Cast Bufu" somewhere in the phase menu.

it's three words!

it should be Don't Cast Bufu

#46 Edited by IchiroYagiza (442 posts) -
I think this one speaks for itself...

Too bad you can only put 3 words...

#47 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19346 posts) -

@IchiroYagiza said:

Too bad you can only put 3 words...

They're phrases and not necessarily words, so phrases like "C'est La Vie" or "Captain Emo" would only take 1/3 of the available title sections.

#48 Posted by IchiroYagiza (442 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: So... a possibility for that phrase can happen... (probably not, I guess... but if it becomes possible, that will be awesome XD)

#49 Posted by rmanthorp (3953 posts) -
#50 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
"I ♥ Satan"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.