P4A Console Opening

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19382 posts) -

So this thread posted five months ago was about the arcade opening movie and now the full opening for the console release has been posted on Famitsu. It's produced by Mad House, like the Persona 4 Golden opening.

I think it lacks the stylishness that Persona game openings usually have, but it still looks cool.

#2 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

I'd give it a 4/5. Its not bad by any means but it lacks that certain something that the other Persona openings have. I think part of it has to do with the music. I like the beat but can't get into the lyrics.

#3 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

The Golden OP is the one with the dancing right? Cos I didn't like that one much (except for the smooth moves the Team have). This one is better, I like the song.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

haha Teddie's slow walk is amazing.

#5 Posted by metalsnakezero (2342 posts) -

Pretty damn good. As a Persona opening song, it doesn't having the fitting beats that the JRPG onces have. As a Persona fighting game, it works well enough to fit. Would had liked some more shots of P3 gang and Labrys.

#6 Posted by BigChief (503 posts) -

I like it. I think they've had better opening songs, but it's not bad by any means. I like the animation a lot too.

#7 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

I agree, the awkward moment of inactivity inbetween 0:16 to 0:34  didn't help either. Still neat, though.

@Animasta said:

haha Teddie's slow walk is amazing.

that was badass and made the entire thing worth it.
#8 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

I don't like it...But whatever, it's not that important.

#9 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

Pretty good, I will say. I look forward to giving this game a spin when it arrives in August.

#10 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

I'm not sure if this has been asked but there's suppose to be a story mode in this right? So what's the justification of them fighting each other?

#11 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@supamon said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked but there's suppose to be a story mode in this right? So what's the justification of them fighting each other?

We'll see!
#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19382 posts) -

@supamon said:

Yes. Story mode is 30-40 hours long according to Atlus. They are taking it very seriously and it is a true sequel to Persona 4.

Info about the story's in the wiki.

#13 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I don't really like it that much. It doesn't seem really say Persona 4 to me. I do like the animation though. It's fine.

#14 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

I think it's pretty good, better than that dancing Persona 4 Golden intro.

#15 Posted by Karmosin (223 posts) -

Not as stylish as the jrpg openings, but it's pretty much made to show the characters. I kinda wish they would have kept the style of P4, i mean even the P4: The Animation openings felt very true to the games spirit. However, I still like this one, it got me pumped for the game, I liked the song and the characters look badass. This game cannot come soon enough. :)

#16 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

The only thing i didn't like about it was the abrupt ending. But it's a pretty good opening.

#17 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

Ehh it's not as good as the others but whatever , Teddie being silly , Rise being slutty is all there.

#18 Edited by SilvarusLupus (310 posts) -

I like it. Fits for the tone of a fighting game.

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19382 posts) -

I did this and I'm not sure why, but here:

#20 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Damn, the timing is great. Fits perfectly.

#21 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4985 posts) -

Somebody other than me needs to make that Teddie pimp strut into a .gif.

#22 Posted by Bloo561 (113 posts) -

Slow walking rise + slow walking teddie + slow walking P3 characters + epic theme music = best persona opening I ever seen

#23 Posted by Vashyron (219 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Right up to the end, the Calamity Trigger music fits.

I think the problem that I have with the opening music in comparison to other Persona Opening music that I've heard is that it seems slower in over all pace.

#24 Posted by DonChipotle (2839 posts) -

Well I wasn't sold on the game before but seeing Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Aigis pimp walking has me pressing the pre order button.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.