Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

Report from stages event at TGS

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By endaround

Andriasang has a small blurb about the stage eevent for the game at TGS. Little really new save that new character reveals soon and some surprises maybe in store (so my hope for a Raidou appearance is still there!). There are also hints of new characters being introduced but everything seems to be left purposely vague.

http://andriasang.com/comy7t/

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I knew it; there'll be one character we don't know of yet. I think I'll stick with my roster prediction for now:

Final Roster

1. Yu Narukami (Fool)
    2. Yosuke Hanamura (Magician)
    3. Kanji Tatsumi (Emperor)
    4. Chie Satonaka (Chariot)
    5. Yukiko Amagi (High Priestess)
    6. Naoto Shirogane (Fortune)
    7. Teddie (Star)
    8. Aigis (Fool)
    9. Minato Arisato (Fool or The World)
    10. *Not someone we know of yet

Sadly, I don't think we'll be getting much new information soon since the game only comes out next spring.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@FluxWaveZ: I find your lack of Mitsuru disturbing.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Hey, of all P3 characters, I'd want Mitsuru to be included the most (with the exception of Minato and Aigis). Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing her. I'm certain there'll only be 2 P3 characters, Aigis included.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

@FluxWaveZ: Out of all the P3 characters why the fuck do they have to put Aigis, I hate that character. Put in Akihiko, the guy is a freaking boxer.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@FluxWaveZ said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Hey, of all P3 characters, I'd want Mitsuru to be included the most (with the exception of Minato and Aigis). Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing her. I'm certain there'll only be 2 P3 characters, Aigis included.

If that ends up being true I hope she is DLC at least. I'm not one for DLC but I would make a exception.

Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Simulacrum

@RE_Player92 said:

@FluxWaveZ: Out of all the P3 characters why the fuck do they have to put Aigis, I hate that character. Put in Akihiko, the guy is a freaking boxer.

Japan really likes androids for some reason.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By TehFlan

New characters, huh? I could be down with that.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I wonder if they will put in that new hipster girl from the Vita version.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By AngelN7

Hey now what´s with the Aigis hating, I tought everyone was cool with the Robo-chick, granted I haven´t played The Anwser so maybe thats were the hate is coming from but other than her there isn´t an easy pick from the rest of the P3 guys, I wanted all of them to be included but that won´t be the case so Im alright with Aigis.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mutha3

@FluxWaveZ said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Her VA tweeted a very unsubtle hint that she will show up in the game.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

@RE_Player92 said:

Cause shes mad popular! That and from a storyline perspective she actually makes the most sense, well maybe Elizabeth more so...

I must admit, Akihiko seems an absolute lock for this sort of game.

@AngelN7said:

Hey now what´s with the Aigis hating, I tought everyone was cool with the Robo-chick, granted I haven´t played The Anwser so maybe thats were the hate is coming from but other than her there isn´t an easy pick from the rest of the P3 guys, I wanted all of them to be included but that won´t be the case so Im alright with Aigis.

Aigis actually gets more development in that if anything, Yukari seems to be the one that goes off the rails in most peoples eyes.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mutha3

@WatanabeKazuma said:

@AngelN7said:

Aigis actually gets more development in that if anything, Yukari seems to be the one that goes off the rails in most peoples eyes.

She's creepy(falls in love with the MC for NO fucking reason besides "anime", hell the entire thing made me uncomfortable), doesn't fit in the setting at all(Which Soejima himself has admitted) and has a very played out character arc.

I'm glad she's in this game because she has a very cool design, and when she wasn't being creepy in P3(IE: when she was getting into wacky robot/human shenanigans) I liked her well enough, but I definitely get the hate......

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@mutha3 said:

What is it?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mutha3

@FluxWaveZ said:

@mutha3 said:

What is it?

Run it though google translate, I can't find where I saw someone translate it, but even through the garbled google translation....

ペルソナの格闘ゲーム、発表されたね!むふふ(^3^)/

.....Its clear what she's referring to.

http://twitter.com/#!/tanakarie/status/109243118217478146

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

@mutha3 said:

@WatanabeKazuma said:

@AngelN7said:

She's creepy(falls in love with the MC for NO fucking reason besides "anime", hell the entire thing made me uncomfortable), doesn't fit in the setting at all(Which Soejima himself has admitted) and has a very played out character arc.

I'm glad she's in this game because she has a very cool design, and when she wasn't being creepy in P3(IE: when she was getting into wacky robot/human shenanigans) I liked her well enough, but I definitely get the hate......

Yep, "I forgot she could speak Dog" is one of my favorite lines in P3.

@FluxWaveZ said:

@mutha3 said:

What is it?

I can't quote it but it was something about looking for her friends, or there aren't very far behind, something to that effect. I'm sure mutha has it on hand.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Can't say I'm convinced, but I'd be glad to see her in.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mutha3

Also, people checked out the source code of the P4U website and saw this

No Caption Provided

"Syuyaku"? Seems like we've found our new character.

EDIT: "aigisu" lol

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mutha3

@FluxWaveZ said:

Can't say I'm convinced, but I'd be glad to see her in.

Did you run the thing I posted through google translate?

She isn't a employee of Atlus, and has no reason to mention the P4U fighting game out of the blue. This is a job, y'know.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FluxWaveZ

We've found his/her name, at least.

@mutha3 said:

Did you run the thing I posted through google translate?

She isn't a employee of Atlus, and has no reason to mention the P4U fighting game for no reason.

Yeah, I did and it said something like "I'm revealed for the fighter". Still... I'm feeling skeptical. Mostly because I don't understand Japanese. From what I've seen, voice actors usually are restricted from talking about a game in some capacity. Maybe it's different for Japanese seiyuu.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mutha3

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yeah, I did and it said something like "I'm revealed for the Persona fighter". Still... I'm feeling skeptical. Mostly because I don't understand Japanese. From what I've seen, voice actors usually are restricted from talking about a game in some capacity. Maybe it's different for Japanese seiyuu.

Fix'd

And legal implications are EXACTLY why a VA wouldn't just tease something like this without permission(they want to keep doors open, y'know?).Sometimes a company can allow a VA to tease or reveal they are playing a character. Remember Troy Baker/Vincent?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@mutha3 said:

And legal implications are EXACTLY why a VA wouldn't just tease something like this without permission(they want to keep doors open, y'know?).Sometimes a company can allow a VA to tease or reveal they are playing a character. Remember Troy Baker/Vincent?

Oh definitely; I'm not saying that she wouldn't be allowed to mention her involvement with the title. Like you said, it happened with Troy Baker/Vincent (although, that isn't quite too similar as it isn't some sort of character confirmation).

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AngelN7

@mutha3 said:

Also, people checked out the source code of the P4U website and saw this

No Caption Provided

"Syuyaku"? Seems like we've found our new character.

EDIT: "aigisu" lol

Could that be the P3 Protagonist? or does he has a new name (I´ve seen people calling him Minato) , I hope it´s not the case the P3 protagonist it´s too danm overpowered from both gameplay and story perspective.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@AngelN7 said:

Could that be the P3 Protagonist? or does he has a new name (I´ve seen people calling him Minato) , I hope it´s not the case the P3 protagonist it´s too danm overpowered from both gameplay and story perspective.

1. "Syuyaku" is not a name that has ever been associated with the Persona 3 Protagonist. The only name he is officially known as is "Minato Arisato"
    2. Please explain how the Persona 3 protagonist would be overpowered in relation to gameplay.
    3. Please explain how the Persona 3 protagonist is overpowered in relation to story.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

1. "Syuyaku" is not a name that has ever been associated with the Persona 3 Protagonist. The only name he is officially known as is "Minato Arisato"
    2. Please explain how the Persona 3 protagonist would be overpowered in relation to gameplay.
    3. Please explain how the Persona 3 protagonist is overpowered in relation to story.

That's not even his official name. That's just his name in the manga adaptation.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Hailinel said:

That's not even his official name. That's just his name in the manga adaptation.

Yeah, that's why I italicized "official". I really meant it's the only name he's known by.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AngelN7

@FluxWaveZ: Maybe I should´ve been more clear about it, in Persona 3 "the protagonist" was overpowered (being a wild card and all, using all weapon types) compared to the other party members but since that can also be said about the P4 protagonist and this is just a fighting game then that point wouldn´t be valid . Story wise he´s definitely more powerfull than the guys of P4 he sealed Death! and fought alone agaisnt one of the Velvet Room siblings, but as I said this is a figthing game and probably none of that is gonna matter I just see him more as a Boss character than a regular fighter given how significant he´s in the Persona (3/4) universe.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@AngelN7 said:

@FluxWaveZ: Maybe I should´ve been more clear about it, in Persona 3 "the protagonist" was overpowered (being a wild card and all, using all weapon types) compared to the other party members but since that can also be said about the P4 protagonist and this is just a fighting game then that point wouldn´t be valid . Story wise he´s definitely more powerfull than the guys of P4 he sealed Death! and fought alone agaisnt one of the Velvet Room siblings, but as I said this is a figthing game and probably none of that is gonna matter I just see him more as a Boss character than a regular fighter given how significant he´s in the Persona (3/4) universe.

• Minato didn't seal away Death. He sealed away Nyx, the harbinger, (or he technically sealed away Man's will to die). So what? Narukami defeated a goddess and none of the Persona 4 cast require some special item (Evoker) to summon their Personas.
    • Narukami also fights against a Velvet Room sibling.
    • Even if you see him more as a Boss character, I don't see how that prevents him from being playable. Most fighting games have boss characters as playable ones as well.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

• Minato didn't seal away Death. He sealed away Nyx, the harbinger, (or he technically sealed away Man's will to die). So what? Narukami defeated a goddess and none of the Persona 4 cast require some special item (Evoker) to summon their Personas.
    • Even if you see him more as a Boss character, I don't see how that prevents him from being playable. Most fighting games have boss characters as playable ones as well.

He's kinda sorta sealed away after pulling off his Super Jesus Technique. If they do bring him back as a player character, it will require some explaining.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Hailinel said:

He's kinda sorta sealed away after pulling off his Super Jesus Technique. If they do bring him back as a player character, it will require some explaining.

Oh, no doubt. If he's going to be a character, they can't just throw him in as a boss without any explanation or pretense. I'm just saying that his inclusion would be viable if they actually wanted to do so.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Syuyuka is Adachi's last name

Calling it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hailinel

@LordXavierBritish said:

Calling it.

No, Adachi is Adachi's last name. His given name is Tohru.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@Hailinel said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

Calling it.

No, Adachi is Adachi's last name. His given name is Tohru.

Fuck.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AngelN7

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

• Nyx was Death itselft!, her coming was just as bad as her as it would´ve turned every single human into a brainless cocoon.
    • The P4 protagonist or Yu , fought against a goodesss that was defeated by another god and his persona Izanagi pretty much the only one who could have done that
    • Sure he fights Margaret but no without the help of the other P4 scoobies who go with him and can be used in battle as opossed to Elizabeth who will flat out kill your party members.
    • Im not saying he shouldn´t be playable but not be a regular fighter , if he´s the boss that you can also use great I don´t have problem with that.
    • I don´t know why they didin´t use evokers , those kids (P4) were a bit more mentally stable than those of the P3 cast but that dosn´t make them stronger , maybe Atlus didn´t want newcommers to recognize Persona as "that game when you shoot yourself".
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@LordXavierBritish said:

Calling it.

Adachi is Adachi's last name. His first name's Tohru.

[Edit]: Obviously beaten.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By Simplexity

They need to add Adachi, maybe even 2 Adachi characters.

One is the good cop Adachi, the other is the crazy rape guy Adachi.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@AngelN7 said:

• Nyx was Death itselft!, her coming was just as bad as her as it would´ve turned every single human into a brainless cocoon.
    • The P4 protagonist or Yu , fought against a goodesss that was defeated by another god and his persona Izanagi pretty much the only one who could have done that
    • Sure he fights Margaret but no without the help of the other P4 scoobies who go with him and can be used in battle as opossed to Elizabeth who will flat out kill your party members.
    • Im not saying he shouldn´t be playable but not be a regular fighter , if he´s the boss that you can also use great I don´t have problem with that.
    • I don´t know why they didin´t use evokers , those kids (P4) were a bit more mentally stable than those of the P3 cast but that dosn´t make them stronger , maybe Atlus didn´t want newcommers to recognize Persona as "that game when you shoot yourself".
    • No, Nyx isn't Death. Nyx is Nyx. Ryoji is Death. That's a pretty important part of the story. And if you're actually saying "just as bad", then abandon the "Death" comparison because Nyx simply wasn't.
    • ...Your 2nd point makes no sense. Yu's Persona, which represents himself, aided him in defeating Izanami. Minato's Persona, which represents himself, aided him in sealing away Erebus. How is that not the same thing?
    • Okay, so now you're saying that Chie, Naoto, Kanji, Narukami, Teddie and Yukiko are too overpowered for the other characters (excluding Minato) because they face a Velvet Room sibling. That means, you'd be iffy about the inclusion of any other Persona character because they would be underpowered, right?
    • You originally said " I hope it´s not the case the P3 protagonist it´s too danm overpowered from both gameplay and story perspective." and then said " I just see him more as a Boss character than a regular fighter given how significant he´s in the Persona (3/4) universe." That kinda implies that you would feel weird if he was part of the playable roster, but fine.
    • What?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hailinel

@AngelN7 said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

• Izanami is a goddess from the Japanese creation myth who has a pretty strong vindictive streak after being burned to death by giving birth. (She wasn't defeated by anyone.) Then Izanagi left her in the underworld when he saw what she had become.
    • P3 is the only game in the series where the characters use evokers. The characters in that game are the exceptions to the rule. In Persona 4, the characters are only ever seen wielding their Personas inside the TV world. I'm not entirely certain that they could actually summon their Personas in the real world.
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AngelN7

@FluxWaveZ:

• I´ve never said the other P4 members were overpowered , all I said was they help Yu fight Margaret , whereas Minato had to fight Eliazabeth alone
    • About him being playable I said I would want him to be a Boss if he were to be included in some way if you can play as him great after all is a fighting game more chacters in the roster thats good , but having him as a regular character is what bothers me not that you can play as him , it´s really just a minor gripe and it dosn´t matter what I said because he might not be in the game.
    • And while the topic can be debatable I still think that sealing away "the reprentation of people´s will to die" was to ME more significant than defeating a godess by using the only other god who stood agaisnt her , I didn´t remember the protago... Minato summoning Orpheus and more was he "unleashing the power withim him to seal away Nyx". I hope I´ve been clearer this time.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@AngelN7 said:

@FluxWaveZ:

• I´ve never said the other P4 members were overpowered , all I said was they help Yu fight Margaret , whereas Minato had to fight Eliazabeth alone
    • About him being playable I said I would want him to be a Boss if he were to be included in some way if you can play as him great after all is a fighting game more chacters in the roster thats good , but having him as a regular character is what bothers me not that you can play as him , it´s really just a minor gripe and it dosn´t matter what I said because he might not be in the game.
    • And while the topic can be debatable I still think that sealing away "the reprentation of people´s will to die" was to ME more significant than defeating a godess by using the only other god who stood agaisnt her , I didn´t remember the protago... Minato summoning Orpheus and more was he "unleashing the power withim him to seal away Nyx". I hope I´ve been clearer this time.
    • Then what was your original point concerning Minato fighting Elizabeth? I thought you were implying that Minato's more powerful than Narukami because Narukami had his friends help him fight? This point is void anyways because players don't need to fight Margaret with a party of 4 and they can just face her with Narukami.
    • That's just your perception, then. I also think that having Minato just participate in the tournament like everyone else would be silly, but that's not based on much.
    • And still, I think you're wrong. If anything, Minato's weaker than Narukami because he didn't defeat shit. He was incapable of even beating Nyx's Avatar, was incapable of defeating Nyx herself and was incapable of defeating Erebus, so he just goes "Fuck it" and makes himself a barrier so Erebus can't contact Nyx. Then, we have Narukami who faces Izanami alone, much like Minato in the end, but Narukami actually blows the goddess up. Not only do I think a god is more significant than the mere manifestation of Man's negativity, but the fact that Narukami beats that goddess up and doesn't even need to sacrifice himself for it kind of indicates that he's more powerful than Minato. And do you forget that Narukami also "summoned the power inside him" (Orb of Truth) to defeat Izanami? Not much difference there (well, except that Minato has the "power of the Universe").
    AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AngelN7

@FluxWaveZ: Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree , at the end of the day it dosn´t really matter for all we know he could be or not in the game and I will take whatever they give me anyways I just think it would be "cool" if the take that in consideration what I want differs from what I like so there ... And of course he wasn´t able to defeat Death it´s DEATH! (technically humanity not wating to live is death) for me much more important that some foggy Godess (both of them wanted to carried out humanity´s wishes) but to me one is clearly more threatening than the other.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@AngelN7 said:

And of course he wasn´t able to defeat Death it´s DEATH! (technically humanity not wating to live is death) for me much more important that some foggy Godess (both of them wanted to carried out humanity´s wishes) but to me one is clearly more threatening than the other.

It's not Death. Dude, how many times do I have to say this? Ryoji is death. The Reaper is an actual enemy in Tartarus! Don't you remember when Orpheus gets all fucked up in the beginning of the game? That's because Death/Thanatos invaded Orpheus. So stop trying to prove that Death is more threatening than a goddess when Minato doesn't even face Death.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

And of course he wasn´t able to defeat Death it´s DEATH! (technically humanity not wating to live is death) for me much more important that some foggy Godess (both of them wanted to carried out humanity´s wishes) but to me one is clearly more threatening than the other.

It's not Death. Dude, how many times do I have to say this? Ryoji is death. The Reaper is an actual enemy in Tartarus! Don't you remember when Orpheus gets all fucked up in the beginning of the game? That's because Death/Thanatos invaded Orpheus. So stop trying to prove that Death is more threatening than a goddess when Minato doesn't even face Death.

Let me simplify things here.

Nyx is not Death. She is a Greek goddess of night. She is the mother of Thanatos, the Greek god of death, but is not Death herself.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AngelN7

@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@AngelN7 said:

Let me simplify things here.

Nyx is not Death. She is a Greek goddess of night. She is the mother of Thanatos, the Greek god of death, but is not Death herself.

But thats the thing there are so many representations of "Death" in the game , Ryoji A.K.A Thanatos is Death , Thanatos another Persona you can use is Death , The revolver wilding Reaper is Death? , Nyx carrying humanity´s wishes meaning technically taking all life on earth is Death too if that isn´t the case then what is Death?... you know what Flux is right I give up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.