Site's up

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

http://p-atlus.jp/p4u/

The site officially launched today and you can obtain info from the story and characters in P4U... if you know Japanese. According to Andriasang, there is no gameplay information yet. Here are some pics for those who can't access the site right now:

I guess this thread will be for updates and info we'll gain from the website.

Update (2011-09-20)

• Character page has been updated with Kanji and Yukiko.
  • The System page has opened with 2 sections: "Special Move" and "Mode".
  • Gameplay montage videos have been added to their respective characters:

Update (2011-10-07)

• Twitter icons added to "Special" section.
  • Wallpaper added to "Special" section.

Update (2011-10-24)

• "Full Screen" option added at the bottom right
  • Teddy and Naoto profiles added to "Characters" tab
  • Quick select option to change characters from "Characters" tab has been added with character profile squares at the bottom

Update (2011-11-02)

• Additions to the "System" section concerning the battle system that I can't read because it's in Japanese.

Nothing significant at all (I don't think), but I feel a certain obligation to post these updates so here it is.

Update (2011-11-09)

• 3 more Twitter icons added to the "Special" section. 3 more remain hidden.

Update (2011-12-14)

• New videos and pictures added to the "Character" section.
#2 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Oh, man, flashback to the Catherine thread and how we ended up  posting waaaayyy to much there about completely meaningless details.

Can't wait to do it again!

(music on the site is awesome, btw)

#3 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Also, something that may be of note: there are now 11 arcana cards displayed on the character menu instead of the 10 that were on the Famitsu screens. This additional hidden character could just be an NPC, but that's doubtful.

#4 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Gaaah, it's loading super slow, I wanna hear the music!

#5 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

AHHH I can't wait

#6 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
Also, something that may be of note: there are now 11 arcana cards displayed on the character menu instead of the 10 that were on the Famitsu screens. This additional hidden character could just be an NPC, but that's doubtful.
The "extra" arcana is in exactly the same spot the "random" button was in the Famitsu article. Might just be an oversight!
#7 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

I just worry about the story, will they have a lengthy story mode with cutscenes and a good storyline where they use the characters well and explain why P3 and P4 characters are fighting eachother

Or will they just half-ass it like many fighting games

#8 Posted by eroticfishcake (7787 posts) -

Oooh! Music's pretty dapper!

#9 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Oh my this music is kick ass.

#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@Venatio said:
I just worry about the story, will they have a lengthy story mode with cutscenes and a good storyline where they use the characters well and explain why P3 and P4 characters are fighting eachother  Or will they just half-ass it like many fighting games
Atlus is personally taking care of the story, not ArcSys. The director has said that they're taking the story seriously and they don't want it to be of the quality of a spin-off. 

@mutha3 said: 
The "extra" arcana is in exactly the same spot the "random" button was in the Famitsu article. Might just be an oversight!
Oh, that's right. Oh well, then, all indications still point to 10.
#11 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

man this site is sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

#12 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

oh man, in the chie page, on the screenshot where they're fighting in the weird piano room....

are those portraits of real people on the side........the devs?

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
Yeah, those look like real people with bright glowing eyes, but I think they're classical musicians and not the game devs.
#14 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@mutha3 said:

Yeah, those look like real people with bright glowing eyes, but I think they're classical musicians and not the game devs.
Yeah, I recognize the Beethoven picture on the left, but the face is blocked of so I can't be sure, and the other look like Japanese dudes......

edit: saw the HQ version of those screen. Yeah, mozart, chopin, grieg.....I stand corrected!
#15 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

The site's still loading for me, but I see that Aigis is using her Athena persona, whereas in the other screenshots Brosuke was using Jiraiya. Think that means multiple movesets based on the persona, or just special moves?

#16 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Maystack: I'm pretty sure the Personas are used similairly to stands in Jojo.  These screens reveal that much, I think.

Hell, they've even got the stand meter  thing popping up under the combo count!
#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@Maystack said:
The site's still loading for me, but I see that Aigis is using her Athena persona, whereas in the other screenshots Brosuke was using Jiraiya. Think that means multiple movesets based on the persona, or just special moves?
Oh, are you implying that there would be multiple Personae for a single character? Not sure about that, but it'd be neat and it would also make sense with a Famitsu screen that had arrows on both sides of the Persona on the character select screen.
#18 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -
@mutha3: I have no idea what jojo is, so I wouldn't know haha 

@FluxWaveZ
: And yeah, that's what I was thinking.
#19 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443059&page=16 (post764#)

this game looks so fucking good

#20 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

Anyone wanna put that excellent site music on youtube or something? Just brought back so many memories of Persona 4 :)

The soundtrack is probably gonna be awesome

#21 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443059&page=16 (post764#) this game looks so fucking good

Oh shi- 

I didn't know if this has been released in screens earlier, but has there been confirmation of what the "Persona" tab is on the character select screen?  

Please, please, be an Arcana system. Fuck.  

EDIT: whoops, quoted you wrong, venatio. sorry :D 
#22 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

The one thing I don't like is that they all look way too cartoony. Brosuke not as much, but Chie looks really strange.

#23 Posted by Hector (3375 posts) -

So there's a story too. Hmm..

#24 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

11 card is the funky arcana m

#25 Posted by metalsnakezero (2341 posts) -

Nothing much as of now but pretty much Chie is a kicking fighter.

#26 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -

@metalsnakezero said:

Nothing much as of now but pretty much Chie is a kicking fighter

She kicks high.....

#27 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

The art is great.

#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Has no one found any translation on the "Story" section of the website? It seems like it gives off way more info than we currently have.

#29 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Maystack said:
Oh, are you implying that there would be multiple Personae for a single character? Not sure about that, but it'd be neat and it would also make sense with a Famitsu screen that had arrows on both sides of the Persona on the character select screen.

It's possible. It could be sort of like selecting grooves in Capcom vs. SNK 2 or -isms in Street Fighter Alpha 3. Depending on the Persona selected, the character's special attacks or supers could be changed.

#30 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

Ahh, now I see what kinda music this game's going for. That's definitely Meguro.

Also, I love the "winner's interview" thing in those screens.

#31 Posted by MiniPato (2747 posts) -

Oh shit I see the God Hand! If Jeff plays this he's going to spend half the match doing tarukaja and power charge.

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@MiniPato said:

Oh shit I see the God Hand! If Jeff plays this he's going to spend half the match doing tarukaja and power charge.

Haha, nicely done.
#33 Posted by JeanLuc (3605 posts) -
@Venatio said:
Anyone wanna put that excellent site music on youtube or something? Just brought back so many memories of Persona 4 :)  The soundtrack is probably gonna be awesome
  I didn't put this up but god bless the person who did.
#34 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Update (2011-09-20)

• Character page has been updated with Kanji and Yukiko.
  • The System page has opened with 2 sections: "Special Move" and "Mode".
  • Gameplay montage videos have been added to their respective characters:

I still would love to know what exactly is written in the "Story" section.
#35 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

anybody else worried this may not come here?

#36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@Commisar123 said:

No.
#37 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@Commisar123 said:

No.
ATLUS is very much aware that SMT is building up quite a following. Especially the Persona games.
#38 Edited by mutha3 (4986 posts) -
@Commisar123 said:

Atlus released P2: for the PSP just a day ago and will be publishing Devil Survivor 2 next year for the DS.

No
#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Update (2011-10-07)

• Twitter icons added to "Special" section.
  • Wallpaper added to "Special" section.
1920 x 1080 
I was convinced that there was going to be an update this week. On one hand, I'm glad that I was right but, on the other, I'm disappointed that it's just this.
#40 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

That teddy is fucking badass.

#41 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Update (2011-10-24)

• "Full Screen" option added at the bottom right
  • Teddy and Naoto profiles added to "Characters" tab
  • Quick select option to change characters from "Characters" tab has been added with character profile squares at the bottom
#42 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Update (2011-11-02)

• Additions to the "System" section concerning the battle system that I can't read because it's in Japanese.

Nothing significant at all (I don't think), but I feel a certain obligation to post these updates so here it is.

Update (2011-11-09)

• 3 more Twitter icons added to the "Special" section. 3 more remain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.