Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

There must be something I'm missing.

anbumakura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By anbumakura

So I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I've been having some frustration with some of the challenges, specifically the ones that require air combos. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I cannot seem to do them. Watching the demonstration it gives for them, it shows them going further into the air after the opponent during the combo, and I just fall like a rock and miss anything after the first or second hit. On very rare occasion, like one in every 20 or 30 attempts, I will somehow do it right and he'll follow them up, but I never feel like I've done anything different, so I have no clue what to change. If anyone has any tips to help me out and tell me what it is that I'm missing here, I would greatly appreciate it. It wouldn't be nearly as frustrating if I knew why it wasn't working.

jdquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By jdquach

While hitting your opponent in the air, you do a double jump towards your opponent and keep hitting them.

I think this is what you want? Just double jumping after the opponent? I apologize if I am misunderstanding you. What specific challenge are you talking about?

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@anbumakura: You might need to double jump. Watch the demonstration again and once they start following the opponent into the air, try to see where in the combo they go higher. That's where you double jump. Example, some characters do B, B, C, double jump, B, B, C, where other characters might do one B for two hits, double jump, another B for two hits, then finish, etc.

If you're holding up the entire time too, don't. Once you jump, let go of the stick/pad/whatever directional input you're using, press the buttons you need to, then when you need to double jump, hit up again. Furiously tapping up or holding it causes more headaches.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By kerse

yeah you need to do a second jump, but the timing has to be perfect, timing in general on some of the later challenges is so tight it almost seems impossible. I'm sure that if I played more it wouldn't seem that way.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Liquidus

They really ought to just tell you where you need to double jump in the that list of commands.

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Troispoint

@Liquidus: The demonstration mode solves that problem though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It's probably just your timing or you need a second jump. I know I was having issues with one of Yousuke's combos because I had to wait for him to descend a little before I continued.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.