Video Tutorial 2: Advanced Techniques

#1 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

The second English video tutorial. Its nice to hear Misturu's voice. I really dig the idea of ailments in the game. Its adds more to the fight plus its a great callback to the original game. The rest is all just standard to fighting games. I got to say I'm getting really excited for this game.

#2 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

Yay, was wondering when they'd release another video like this.

#3 Posted by mpgeist (594 posts) -

I am very much looking forward to this game.

#4 Posted by Rapid (1352 posts) -

Smart of them to release these tutorials before the game is out so people at least get some idea about how the systems work.

#5 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

The input for short hops looks neat, I always sucked at pulling them off in King of Fighters when things got hectic.

#6 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

Anyone else think that she sounds off? I'm not jiving with the VO at all.

#7 Posted by Superkenon (1397 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I know what you mean. I was wondering if it was her at first, but I suppose it's just a product of it being so long since she voiced the character. To be fair, it's almost impossible for these kinds of tutorials not to sound ridiculous.

Still, I'm actually getting pretty excited for this game as it draws near. Get hype, an' all that.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Oh hey, it's Mitsuru.

@Phatmac said:

She sounds different, but I definitely don't think its off. She's three years older than when we last saw her and she's also a socialite now, so it's normal that she would sound different.

#9 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

She did sound different to me as well. So far all of the characters sounded a little different. Albeit I only heard a couple lines from most.

It seems since Street Fighter 4 every fighting game with meter has had EX moves. Not that i'm complaining, just a observation.

#10 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Nah she totally sounds like... her, the only difference is that her tone seems much more "excited" than her regular "I'm serious" tone.

#11 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

Man, I'm gonna suck so much at this game, but I'll love every minute of it.

#12 Posted by Hailinel (23957 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Oh hey, it's Mitsuru.

@Phatmac said:

She sounds different, but I definitely don't think its off. She's three years older than when we last saw her and she's also a socialite now, so it's normal that she would sound different.

We really shouldn't be judging the voices by these tutorial videos. It's hard to stay in character when all you're doing is reading off what amounts to an instruction manual.

#13 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

Great tutorial is great, but one problem: The image of those extremely skinny and sick babies on the "Recommendations" for this video highly disturbs me. :(

Pas même elle aimerait voir ça. (Not even she would like that)

#14 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

Nah she totally sounds like... her, the only difference is that her tone seems much more "excited" than her regular "I'm serious" tone.

This is exactly it, I couldn't figure out what sounded off but you hit the nail on the head.

#15 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Don't feel like making a thread just on this, but Atlus USA's uploaded move videos on all the Persona 4 characters.

Edit: Actually, screw it. I feel like hearing peoples' opinions on the voices so making a new thread wouldn't hurt.

Also, I just realized there's no Teddie. Weird.

#16 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Don't feel like making a thread just on this, but Atlus USA's uploaded move videos on all the Persona 4 characters.

Oh sick!

Got to say I'm warming up to Chie's new voice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.