Will Jeff like P4 arena?

• 58 results
#51 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@Orange_Pork said:

@LordAndrew:

Aren't they using the same voice for Chie? They're using the original English cast for the dub of that Persona 4 anime as well as the additional content for Persona 4: The Golden. It'd make sense to just keep using them for this game as well.

no, they're using someone else for chie because they couldn't get her old voice actor, and this means that people are freaking out over nothing

#52 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Orange_Pork said:

@LordAndrew:

Aren't they using the same voice for Chie? They're using the original English cast for the dub of that Persona 4 anime as well as the additional content

They didn't get anyone back for the anime, the VA weren't even aware that they were cast.
#53 Posted by bigwhiteyeti (43 posts) -

I feel like he won't really enjoy it, but he'll find it interesting enough... The best we can hope for is that he plays it as Charlie Tunoku --- from what I can tell, his moveset is similar to Ryu's or Ken's from SF... the main problem is that this is a juggle heavy fighter. Jeff likes MK which is, but doesn't like MvC which is MORE so. It's a question of whether he can learn to accept that kind of fighting because he likes the story/characters.

#54 Posted by euro2012 (6 posts) -

No !! He doesnt like arc Sys fighters in the least. He perhaps isn't going to like anime fighters in any way really

#55 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6186 posts) -

No he wont unfortunately.

#56 Posted by Hailinel (23928 posts) -

@mutha3 said:

@Orange_Pork said:

@LordAndrew:

Aren't they using the same voice for Chie? They're using the original English cast for the dub of that Persona 4 anime as well as the additional content

They didn't get anyone back for the anime, the VA weren't even aware that they were cast.

And as for Arena, neither Chie nor Teddie's original VAs are returning due to being unavailable. I'm curious to know how this will effected Golden.

#57 Posted by Orange_Pork (583 posts) -

Damn, I just checked it out. Kind of a bummer that Chie and Teddie are using different VAs, but apparently Chie's new actress is Erin Fitzgerald, the woman who did Erica's voice in Catherine. I think she's in good hands.

#58 Edited by Melanon (58 posts) -

@Sanj said:

I have a feeling he won't be too into the fighting. But he'll probably get a kick out of the story.

Yeah, this'll probably be the case. It'll be surreal seeing him play a persona game again, even if it's just in a quick look.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.