Will P4A's Story Mode Spoil Persona 4?

#1 Posted by figurehead00 (135 posts) -

Hey guys quick question for those who have played through the story modes. I've played a bit of P4, but I'm waiting to play all the way through it until The Golden comes out. Will Story Mode in this spoil P4's plot (identity of the killer, ect)? I love the fighting and really want to dive into it, but I don't want to risk ruining P4. Thanks!

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19140 posts) -

It will not spoil the identity of the killer or anything major. Minor things will be spoiled, for example the nature of certain characters, but it's nothing big.

A whole lot of things are spoiled about Persona 3, however.

#3 Posted by figurehead00 (135 posts) -

That's good news. I've beaten Persona 3 so that won't be a problem. I actually got 50 or so hours into P4 when my PS2 died, so hopefully I'll already know most of the minor stuff. Thanks for the help.

#4 Edited by Irvandus (2643 posts) -

Mostly. You wont know who the killer is though.

#5 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

You won't find out the killer, or the reason why shit is crazy in Inaba. But you'll find out that nobody from the main cast dies.

#6 Posted by LordAndrew (13972 posts) -

From what I've seen, the game goes out of its way to not reveal the killer or the true ending revelations. You just know that they solved the case.

#7 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19140 posts) -

@LordAndrew said:

From what I've seen, the game goes out of its way to not reveal the killer or the true ending revelations. You just know that they solved the case.

You do find out, however, that the Investigation Team defeated a god.

#8 Posted by Oniros (7 posts) -

Definitely, it did so for me.

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19140 posts) -

@Oniros said:

What did it spoil?

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5163 posts) -

This thread is kind of old, but I don't think you would enjoy Persona Arena very much if you didn't already beat Persona 4. It may not spoil ending stuff, but you will definitely have character arcs spoiled.

#11 Posted by Oniros (7 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Oniros said:

What did it spoil?

Not the end per se, but it spoils most of the premise of the original game: the way the shadow world is connected to the real world, how did most of the investigation team got their personas, Teddie's origin, and many other different things. I had to watch P4's anime to get the plot more or less.

#12 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
It doesn't spoil anything directly, but you'll be able to read into a lot of things to figure out where P4's plot goes.

Also, I think P4A's story works only with having played P4.

@Brodehouse said:
  But you'll find out that nobody from the main cast dies.
Well, now you've done it for him!
#13 Posted by Bocam (3537 posts) -

I was kinda pissed with how much they sidestepped the killer's identity

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19140 posts) -

@Bocam said:

I was kinda pissed with how much they sidestepped the killer's identity

They did the same thing in the Persona 4 art book. Soejima was going to go on about Adachi's design and the interviewer was all "Hold that thought for a later time" and that was that. It's odd how Namatame, Ameno-sagiri and Izanami are explained, but he isn't. I guess the killer's identity is the one big revelation of P4, but I'd hope they wouldn't sidestep it for the sake of narrative freedom.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.