Would you rather Junpei or Yukari as DLC?

• 102 results
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

This is an either or question, as I'm curious to see which character people would want to see most appear in P4A as a playable character. This should show which character people are most curious to see grown up, which character's playstyle people are most interested and, generally, peoples' favorite of the two.

#3 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Junpei because katana baseball bat style is a style unknown to the world that needs to be taught. Also Junpei is a bro, and Ken is a better healer.

In all honesty, both should be a DLC bundle rather than separate characters.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

I don't want either to be honest

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

During the QLEX the guy seemed pretty sure there won't be DLC characters at all, if I remember correctly.

#6 Posted by Brodehouse (10134 posts) -

I think their roles are filled by Yu and Yukiko. I suppose Junpei could be differentiated from Yu a bit. Yukari would be exactly Yukiko, except with arrows and wind instead of fans and fire.

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@Animasta said:

I don't want either to be honest

That's... an option too, heh. Why not, though?

@MariachiMacabre said:

During the QLEX the guy seemed pretty sure there won't be DLC characters at all, if I remember correctly.

I'm not saying that there will be any DLC characters, either. This is a hypothetical.

#8 Edited by Phatmac (5730 posts) -

Koro-chan preferably. I dislike Junpei, so I'll go with Yukari.

#9 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: because there's way better options? Baofu, Maya, hell even Ken would probably make more sense as a character.

#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@Animasta: Oh, thought it would be something regarding narrative that made you not want them. There are of course other possibilities, but I made this poll acknowledging the two most popular P3 characters that aren't a part of the cast.

#11 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

I actually haven't played P3 before, so I can't really say. I know I should be playing Darksiders II, but I'm downloading P3: FES on PSN right now instead. I can't wait to get started... Too bad I've got work in like, half an hour. After finishing Arena I really just want more Persona... I'm going through a weird phase right now. 

#12 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

I mean even if that's true I have my doubts that they'd just join up with the shadow operatives willy nilly. I mean, Junpei might but I can't see Yukari doing it.

And Maya and Baofu totally makes sense D:

#13 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Yukari, although I can't see her getting back into that world.

Junpei can eat several buckets of dicks.

#14 Edited by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I think their roles are filled by Yu and Yukiko. I suppose Junpei could be differentiated from Yu a bit. Yukari would be exactly Yukiko, except with arrows and wind instead of fans and fire.

I'd imagine Junpei being as quick as every other character but is a slower attacking character. A mix of Yu's speed and Kanji's attack speed. I don't know how damage would work out though.

Yukari would be interesting because I think she would be mainly ranged and have almost no close range attacks. Yukiko is definitely a ranged character but she is still a viable character in close range. It would be interesting to see if a completely ranged character could happen or not.

Those are my ideas anyway.

#15 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

Yuka-tan <3 <3

#16 Posted by Somnus (85 posts) -

Junpei, of course. Hes the best game character. Ever.

#17 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -
@killacam

Yuka-tan <3 <3

Peninsula.
#18 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

Tough choice, Yukari would probably be more interesting to play, but I like Junpei better as a character.

#19 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Although I don't see why we couldn't get both.

#20 Posted by RetroVirus (1492 posts) -

I want Mysterious Fox DLC.

#21 Posted by Bocam (3832 posts) -

Even though I think Yukari is a total bitch (in Fes) I rather have her than Junpei.

#22 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@Bocam said:

Even though I think Yukari is a total bitch (in Fes) I rather have her than Junpei.

her being a total bitch in FES made me appreciate her more tbh

#23 Posted by Bocam (3832 posts) -

@Animasta: It made her unique in a sense

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@Bocam: I found Junpei to be unlikable and a jerk in the Journey, but he was mature in the Answer and had one of the most sensible perspectives. That made me like him.

#25 Posted by Bocam (3832 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Junpei just seems unnecessary as a character in Arena due to how Yosuke kinda fills his spot.

#26 Posted by Superkenon (1506 posts) -

I have a supreme indifference towards Yukari, plus I feel like she had the least interesting character arc of the game. Three years later, I'm pretty sure she'd be just as uninteresting to me.

That said, Junpei would probably be written largely the same too, but at least he'd be funny.

Kinda doubt we'll see any DLC chars for this though.

#27 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Yukari can die by Agidyne after The Answer.

#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@Bocam: I wouldn't say that. It's like saying Fuuka is unnecessary because of Yukiko, but it's really nice to see her again and besides, Junpei's personality could have evolved in the past 2 years.

#29 Edited by AltonBrown (947 posts) -

I want the Demi-Fiend.

Adachi would be pretty rad, too. Just make him act like Orochi Iori.

#30 Posted by WJist (308 posts) -

Yukari, for sure. Junpei is just the worst for the majority of the game.

#31 Edited by YI_Orange (1172 posts) -

@Bocam: Yosuke is the fastest character in the game. Junpei would be closer to Kanji than Yosuke.

Also, Yukari was the closest thing P3 had to a canon love interest, and the closest thing P3 had to a Yosuke equivalent in terms for relationship with the Main Character. Her being "a bitch" in The answer was pretty reasonable I thought. She had the chance to bring MC back to life, and wanted to take it. She didn't know the consequences it would have. Not to mention it's not totally unreasonable for someone to want to be out of the shadow fighting game, so getting yanked back into and having all this stuff resurface would be incredibly stressful.

I just don't understand all the Junpei and Yukari hate, they're easily the best two characters from Persona 3. Though I am liking the P4A version of Elizabeth.

Although, during Aigis' story, when it showed silhouetted members of the SEES(I forget the new name), the two directly to the right of Mitsuru totally look like Junpei and Yukari. In looking for a good sized image(couldn't find one), someone also pointed out that the guy on the far left 2 to the left looks like Kei Nanjou. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're still involved for some reason.

Anyway, to answer the thread: Either. I think they'd both be too similar in playstyle to existing characters, but I'd be interested to see either of their stories.

Edit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNrYV25X3zE Right at the beginning of the video is the shot I'm talking about. Also, wishful thinking has me hoping 3 to the left is Katsuya Suou.

#32 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

I didn't play enough of Persona 3 to get to know much about either of them, all I know is that Yukari is the one I would rather punch in the face so her.

#33 Edited by MasterRain (320 posts) -

Either Koromaru the dog from Persona 3 or Mysterious Fox, both would be interesting like Ammy from Marvel. Although saying that I hate characters that have different hitboxes and so need character specific combos :P

#34 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

Neither, but if I had to choose then I'd go with Junpei. Better him than the bitch that was Yukari.

#35 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

I kinda hated both of them throughout Persona 3. Yosuke is everything Junpei was trying to be anyway.

So I'm gonna put Dojima out there. No persona attacks, just make those buttons like extra attacks. Maybe a gun like Naoto.

#36 Posted by Nottle (1915 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: What do Yukiko and Fuuka have to do with each other? Or is that the point of that statement?

@Animasta said:

@Bocam said:

her being a total bitch in FES made me appreciate her more tbh

Her being a bitch in The Answer seemed super dumb to me, but maybe thats because everyone else wasn't acting reasonable, and I'm genre savvy enough to know that trying to fix the past using time travel will cause things to go horribly.

That being said, I like all of Persona 3's characters, I always used Yukari, she was my MC's girlfriend and super useful in fights, but I think I'd prefer Junpei's personality. Yukari is a little snooty. I'd like to see an older, wiser Junpei. But i don't really care about Yukari's character arc. I need to play that game again because i don't remember a lot of things about the characters.

Though I'm also kind of against bringing the ENTIRE cast back. I want some characters to still lead normal lives doing there own thing.

#37 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@Nottle said:

@FluxWaveZ: What do Yukiko and Fuuka have to do with each other? Or is that the point of that statement?

Fuuka and Yukiko = Priestess arcana. Fuuka and Yukiko = notoriously horrible at cooking. Fuuka and Yukiko = polite and shy girls. Fuuka and Yukiko = bad acting around boys.

These are the same minor comparisons that could be made between Junpei and Yosuke.

#38 Posted by Aetheldod (3737 posts) -

I hate Junpei ... so Yukari (more gals the better I say)

#39 Posted by Nottle (1915 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Ahh yes, the priestess. Truth be told i don't think i spent any time with Fuuka, I need to look again but i remember nothing about Fuuka other than a very tan bully and a vibrating belt. Also all the girls are bad at cooking and Yukiko was shy at the beginning when she's all bummed out. The similarities aren't very obvious to me.

However, Yosuke, and Junpei though are obviously cut from the same cloth.

Also strangely Fuuka was my least favorite character in P3 and Yukiko was my favorite in P4,

#40 Edited by Irvandus (2899 posts) -

I think Junpei is a way better character but I think Yukari would have a more diverse play style than the other characters.

I also really didn't like here character during The Answer...

I vote Junpei, he's the man!

#41 Posted by Liquidus (942 posts) -

@Nottle:Because Yukiko is way better than Fuuka and she also wears lacy unmentionables.

#42 Posted by Simulacrum (458 posts) -

I'd rather play as Demi-Fiend.

#43 Posted by iAmJohn (6135 posts) -

In general I like them about the same, but I think a predominantly ranged character like Yukari would be far more interesting in this game than yet another sword-wielder.

#44 Posted by Nottle (1915 posts) -

@Liquidus said:

@Nottle:Because Yukiko is way better than Fuuka and she also wears lacy unmentionables.

Hell yeah! Her being the always useful Yukari of Persona 4 in terms of fighting style along with lacy panties are why she's the best.

And that laugh.

#45 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@Nottle said:

I disagree. Junpei was uncooperative, rebellious and was more silly than Yosuke is. They also have a number of differences that made me prefer Yosuke much more than I did Junpei.

#46 Posted by damswedon (3202 posts) -

Yukari. Junpei can go burn in a fire.

#47 Edited by Ben_H (3444 posts) -

Junpei. Though in reality I actually want Koromaru. 

Edit:  @Superkenon : We have great user icons.

#48 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Nottle said:

I disagree. Junpei was uncooperative, rebellious and was more silly than Yosuke is. They also have a number of differences that made me prefer Yosuke much more than I did Junpei.

yeah but yosuke's a homophobe

#49 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -

Kei Nanjo.

#50 Posted by Hector (3381 posts) -

Kinda hard to decide but I'll go with Junpei "Stupei"!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.