Consoles?

#1 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1695 posts) -

Over the past month, I've spent probably close to 200 hours with Persona related things. It started when I finally got around to playing Persona 3, then the Answer, then I bought Persona 4 Arena, and once I finished the story mode in that I watched all the english episodes of the Anime. I go through phases of becoming absolutely obsessed with something, and right now it's Persona.

With that said, Persona 4 Golden is now the only recent piece of Persona content I have yet to experience first hand (I have watched the endurance twice and played vanilla Persona 4 once myself). I have no plans to ever buy a Vita, so is any chance it get's released on consoles? From a technical standpoint, it would make sense to release it on HD consoles considering it's already been given the HD treatment for Vita, and from what I understand it doesn't really utilize any of the Vita's unique features. From a financial standpoint it makes tons of sense considering the extremely poor sales of Vita, especially in Japan.

What do you guys think, is there any chance of this happening? Has there even been any talk about the possibility?

PS: I checked for other threads about this topic, didn't see any, sorry in advance if this has been brought up before.

#2 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@ll_Exile_ll: Sadly I think the chances of that are slim next to none. It might show up on PSN for PS3 one day (doubt XBLA, since it's a Vita exclusive right now), but my jaw would hit the floor if even that happened.

You're probably better off just thinking this game was never released, and hope for Persona 5 news soon. That's what I do at least.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

Not happening.

#4 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

Nope.

#5 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1695 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ:

Has this been officially confirmed?

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19334 posts) -

@ll_Exile_ll said:

@FluxWaveZ:

Has this been officially confirmed?

No. I'm saying that I don't think it's ever going to happen.

#7 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1695 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ:

Fair enough. It's not something I really expect, but considering it's the only way I'll ever be able to play the game, I guess I can only hope.

#8 Edited by Illuminosopher (327 posts) -

It's certainly not unprecedented for a handheld game to get moved to a console (but it is rare) and I do think that the Persona series does have enough clout for it to be possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The biggest bummer about Golden is that it's existence might make it so they never release the original on PSN.

#9 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1592 posts) -

@Illuminosopher said:

It's certainly not unprecedented for a handheld game to get moved to a console (but it is rare) and I do think that the Persona series does have enough clout for it to be possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The biggest bummer about Golden is that it's existence might make it so they never release the original on PSN.

I want to play Persona 3 first anyway, so this won't be a problem for a while, but it does seem like a shame that Persona 4 probably won't be coming out on the PS3. Little about the Vita is really enticing me, though I guess if things don't get better on that end, the Vita may end up being a lot more affordable by the time I'm looking at playing Persona 4.

#10 Posted by kekon (10 posts) -

To some degree, I think its a shame people are going going to pass up on the game. It's understandable, you have to be some sort of insane to pick up an entire console for one single game but the game your getting has a lot of content. Even coming from having watched the Endurance run I feel as if playing Persona 4 Golden gave me a whole new experience. Clocking in a grand total of +150 hours on my first run.

Finishing Golden has also given me more closure to any story I've probably ever been told to boot. I honestly feel I've gotten bang for my buck, and with the surprising amount of games I own that is playable on the vita I can say I don't regret buying it as much.

#11 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2290 posts) -

I highly doubt it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.