Could this be ported to PS3/360 eventually?

#1 Posted by Mutley (300 posts) -

I'm really digging all the extras in the game and want to play it but for me its not worth it to buy such an expensive console and only for one game. I'm probably wouldn't even touch it after I finish the game.

How likely do you guys think it could be ported to PS3 and 360?

#2 Posted by BongChilla (204 posts) -

It would be neat if it came out on PS3, but it would be much later though. There is probably no chance of it coming to 360 however.

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9599 posts) -

It could be ported. But it won't be ported.

#4 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Maybe it will be downloadable for PS4. That seems more likely that a 360/PS3 port. I'm not being sarcastic either; that really does sound more likely to me.

#5 Posted by believer258 (11663 posts) -

Isn't Persona 3 on PSN, though? Not the PSP version, the PS2 version.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14574 posts) -

@believer258: It is P3:FES to be exact.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (23927 posts) -

@Mutley said:

I'm really digging all the extras in the game and want to play it but for me its not worth it to buy such an expensive console and only for one game. I'm probably wouldn't even touch it after I finish the game.

How likely do you guys think it could be ported to PS3 and 360?

The ability to port the game is certainly within Atlus's capability, but it won't be.

#8 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I've been hoping that an HD port of P4 would show up on consoles but after the announcement of this game I lost all hope :(

#9 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Fuck all of this Persona 4 ports and remakes and whatnot, all of this is just stopping Persona 5 from being made.

#10 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

Persona 5 or gtfo!

#11 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

I mean it could of course, nothing stopping them, but it likely won't

#12 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

I would settle for persona 5.

#13 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

I don't think P4G will be ported at all either.

#14 Posted by biospank (648 posts) -

persona4 will probably come but I do not believe it will be this one, but you never know give it a year or so to see if it has sold ok on the psv. after all atlus is kinda broke, right?

#15 Posted by MourerR (9 posts) -

They could put up the PS2 version on PSN as well.

#16 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Part of me is just really curious what the achievements for Persona 4 for look like.

Aha, is this our chance? - 25P

-Invited Chie over for Christmas-

#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
#18 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

@ReyGitano said:

Part of me is just really curious what the achievements for Persona 4 for look like.

Get out your Pink Floyd album - 50P

-Bought leaves from Mysterious Fox-

#19 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@BongChilla said:

It would be neat if it came out on PS3, but it would be much later though. There is probably no chance of it coming to 360 however.

Catherine came out of 360 and Dark Souls

#20 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
#21 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

This is certainly a dream of mine, since there's no way in hell I'm buying a Vita just to play this release. I know the handheld market is huge in Japan, but I wish Japanese developers/publishers would realize it's not an untapped goldmine in the rest of the world.

If this was ported though, I wonder if Sony has an exclusive deal with them, limiting the port to the Playstation. I've played the original P4, so I wouldn't be in tears if that was the case, but I'd cause the pains of the nine hells if P5 was a Sony exclusive or a handheld release.

#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

Some of those trophies are gonna be hard to get. Can't you only fight Margaret on your second play through?

I don't know and I don't want to. I haven't even read that trophy list and I am currently avoiding all Persona 4 Golden media. This is the thread where you can ask questions or read spoilers about the game.

#23 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@scarace360 said:

Some of those trophies are gonna be hard to get. Can't you only fight Margaret on your second play through?

I don't know and I don't want to. I haven't even read that trophy list and I am currently avoiding all Persona 4 Golden media. This is the thread where you can ask questions or read spoilers about the game.

That's from original P4 they didn't add that in golden.

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

I know that you can fight Margaret in the original P4, but I don't know if that's changed in any way in P4G and I don't want to find out until I get the game.

#25 Posted by Hunter5024 (5546 posts) -

Kind of intriguing question. I hope they do so that I don't have to buy a vita, but at the same time I hope they don't because that makes the vita a weaker system to me.

#26 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@scarace360 said:

I know that you can fight Margaret in the original P4, but I don't know if that's changed in any way in P4G and I don't want to find out until I get the game.

Ok well still that achievement will require a lot of time if it stays the same.

#27 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1375 posts) -

They wont want to cut into the p4g sales on the vita, that thing opened at almost 150k in japan there not going to spend more money on it until those numbers die off and by then it will be too close to next gen

#28 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
@Hizang said:

Fuck all of this Persona 4 ports and remakes and whatnot, all of this is just stopping Persona 5 from being made.

It's also funding P5.
#29 Posted by Boboblaw (272 posts) -

I hope they do because I really want to get this but don't want to buy a Vita for it.

#30 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

They haven't made a version of P3 for PSP into a PS3 game so I highly doubt that it'll happen this time.

#31 Posted by alternate (2686 posts) -

@DonutFever said:

@Hizang said:

It's also funding P5.

And Atlus have multiple teams. Especially for their most profitable franchise by a long way. I don't believe for a second the main team handled this port.

#32 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
@alternate said:

@DonutFever said:

@Hizang said:

It's also funding P5.

And Atlus have multiple teams. Especially for their most profitable franchise by a long way. I don't believe for a second the main team handled this port.

That, and they've already announced that Hashino, Meguro, and Soejima are working on it right now.
#33 Posted by Mike_Sandbag (40 posts) -

It certainly would be nice if this was ported to the PS3...

As much as I would love this game, I can't justify buying a Vita just for one game, at least not without money to burn. :/

And it looks like the Vita's pretty much dead in the water, sad to say.

#34 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Vita has been dead from launch, so I hope that if Persona 4 Golden doesn't sell to well because of the platform, they will think about releasing it on consoles.

#35 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I hope it's ported over. It's the only Vita game I want.

Worse case scenario would be buying a Vita and selling it afterwards. Or pray someone I know gets a Vita and is nice enough to let me borrow it.

#36 Posted by htr10 (330 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

@ReyGitano said:

Get out your Pink Floyd album - 50P

-Bought leaves from Mysterious Fox-

You know the score - 100P

-Named main character 'Charlie Tunoku'

#37 Posted by BlackLagoon (1383 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Vita has been dead from launch

I suspect Atlus would disagree with you on that. P4G did quite well in Japan, better than any of the recent Shin Megami Tensei games on the DS, and is still selling well enough that it hasn't dropped off the Japanese sales charts. It also caused a significant spike in Vita sales, suggesting that people are in fact willing to buy Vitas, as long as the games are there.

#38 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

@Hizang said:

I suspect Atlus would disagree with you on that. P4G did quite well in Japan, better than any of the recent Shin Megami Tensei games on the DS, and is still selling well enough that it hasn't dropped off the Japanese sales charts. It also caused a significant spike in Vita sales, suggesting that people are in fact willing to buy Vitas, as long as the games are there.

Vita was born elderly then.

#39 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Not unless Golden severely underperforms on Vita. And it sounds like it hasn't.

#40 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Has any PSP game been available on psn to be played on the PS3?

I would LOVE to play Persona 1, and the Persona 2 remakes but I don't want to buy a psp. I want to play them on a tv, i don't care if the picture is all blown up.

Also as we talk about the PSN. is there anyway we can get a hold of Atlus and convince them to release Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, and the Devil Summoner games on the PS2 section of PSN. I rather pay $10 for a copy of Devil summoner that goes directly to atlus than pay $38 dollars for a used copy on amazon.

#41 Posted by Hailinel (23927 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

@Hizang said:

Or maybe people are just ready and willing to buy anything Persona 4 related. One game's vibrant success does not mean that the platform it's on isn't in trouble.

#42 Posted by BlackLagoon (1383 posts) -

@Nottle said:

MGS Peace Walker and God of War got HD ports, and the PSP Syphon Filter games got PS2 ports, but over all there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in doing that.

#43 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

@Nottle said:

MGS Peace Walker and God of War got HD ports, and the PSP Syphon Filter games got PS2 ports, but over all there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in doing that.

Yeah, I knew of MGS and God of War. Its just strange, the control layouts for a Psp and a PS3 controller are nearly identical, it would make some sense selling psp games for the PS3, the ones that people can't buy new anymore.

#44 Posted by BlackLagoon (1383 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

Or maybe people are just ready and willing to buy anything Persona 4 related. One game's vibrant success does not mean that the platform it's on isn't in trouble.

I was responding to Hizang's claim that the Vita "has been dead from launch", which is quite different from being in trouble.

And yes, the loyalty of Persona fans probably helped make P4G a success, much like Project Diva f will benefit from hardcore Hatsune Miku fans and AKB1/153 will benefit from its rabid fanbase... All the while the Vita continues being not dead in Japan, and gets time to build up a more desirable catalog of games. That's how the PSP got going in Japan actually - outside spikes during Monster Hunter releases it struggled during it first few years.

#45 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

@ReyGitano said:

You can't hear it...but I'm giving you a slow-clap.

#46 Posted by mrpandaman (864 posts) -

It'd be awesome if it was one of those games where it came out for both PS3 and PSV and had that save and take your save on the go type of thing.

#47 Posted by gamaham45 (1 posts) -

Well I'm sure that if enough people sent e-mails asking for a Xbox 360/PS3 port it would be made or you could start a online petition to get the port made

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.