Don't spoil Persona 4 Golden/Persona 4 Golden Spoiler Thread

#1 Posted by Bocam (3683 posts) -

So Atlus posted this on their Japanese Twitter account. It says "Spoilers are absolutely off limits. Especially everything from December onward, got it? For those of you foolish enough to spoil it, a fate worse than death awaits". While this just refers to not posting videos of new stuff on NicoNico and Youtube. They also did this with Catherine but didn't really do anything to people who uploaded stuff.

That being said; here's the spoiler discussion thread for P4G

According to 2ch, the new character Mary is a real 失格人間

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (15857 posts) -

According to Google translate Mary is a real "Disqualifications Human."

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36124 posts) -

Guys, you're not gonna believe this, but Naoto's a lady.

#4 Posted by Bocam (3683 posts) -
#5 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Guys, you're not gonna believe this, but Naoto's a lady.

whaaaaaaaaat.

#6 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

So can we talk about the part where you have sex with Chie or is that off limits too.

#7 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

Did they give a date until spoilers are ok or can't we never talk about the end of Persona 4 ever again!?

#8 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4934 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

So can we talk about the part where you have sex with Chie or is that off limits too.

Are you talking about the sex scene in the tent?

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Dagbiker said:

There is no Sex scene per say, but around Christmas you can ask a girl to come over for the night.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (23987 posts) -

Guys, her name is Marie, not Mary. Atlus USA confirmed the spelling on their Twitter account.

#11 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4934 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Dagbiker said:

There is no Sex scene per say, but around Christmas you can ask a girl to come over for the night.

You ruined it!

I asked Naoto to come over and after some talk she changed into her girl school uniform. That looked way better than her usual clothes.

#12 Edited by Bocam (3683 posts) -

@JeanLuc: The Catherine "ban" lasted for 2 weeks

@Dagbiker said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Dagbiker said:

The spoiler is that now there is a sex scene.

@Hailinel said:

Guys, her name is Marie, not Mary. Atlus USA confirmed the spelling on their Twitter account.

I did not know that.

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

@Bocam said:

They also did this with Catherine but didn't really do anything to people who uploaded stuff.

They did, actually. It seems Atlus really cares about spoilers when it comes to their games, at least Catherine and Persona 4 Golden. Maybe it's also out of kindness to their North American audience.

Anyways, I'll be avoiding this thread, and I guess anything else that has to do with Persona 4 Golden, in the future as I'm looking forward to seeing the new stuff in the game for myself.

#14 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

They should have had the sheep from the Catherine PSA threaten to have you killed in your sleep again.

#15 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

Chie likes steak. OHNOSPOILERFORANOLDPS2GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

#16 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

Guys. Teddie is a Bearmaphrodite.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36124 posts) -

OK, I won't spoil any more of the game, Atlus. Christ.

#18 Posted by Irvandus (2827 posts) -

Charlie dies and in his last moments he tells Chie he wished he was in a fighting game instead. After he dies Chie takes all his money and buys all the steak she can. Yosuke is still a dick.

#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (36124 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

Charlie dies and in his last moments he tells Chie he wished he was in a fighting game instead. After he dies Chie takes all his money and buys all the steak she can. Yosuke is still a dick.

The gang tried to give him a Viking funeral by sending him into the Midnight Channel, but somebody bought the TV at Junes, finally, so they were all fucked.

#20 Posted by Irvandus (2827 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Irvandus said:

The gang tried to give him a Viking funeral by sending him into the Midnight Channel, but somebody bought the TV at Junes, finally, so they were all fucked.

Afterwards they just kind of left the coffin their because it fit in with some of the weirder shit at Junes, they don't like to talk about it. Except for Teddy who'll talk about anything, he's actually looking into becoming a psychologist now that his tv battles are done.

#21 Posted by SonGoten (12 posts) -

So, how 'bout that new dungeon? Err...the one that doesn't actually exist...cause I can't like spoil anything.

#22 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Guys, I don't want to spoil any thing, but,

popularity leads to intimacy.

#23 Posted by Hailinel (23987 posts) -
#24 Edited by Nexas (625 posts) -

Hey guys. Hey guys.

Totally not a creepy raper guy
#25 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

yea dont spoil the 4 year old game guys, like really

#26 Edited by Bocam (3683 posts) -

So I just got my copy and with how much they changed from the beginning of the PS2 version, it would be easy to QL it.

Changes I noticed:

• Igor might have a new Japanese VA (but that's to be expected as the original is dead)
  • You meet Marie right after you get off the train at the start of the game. She gives you a card you "dropped". If you thank her she gets a little standoffish. Hanazawa Kana does a great job
  • After you get a handshake from the gas station attendant, Dojima gives a chance to go look around the town. Marie is standing near the gas station.
  • The Dream dungeon seems to have a different floor layout.
  • After you see the first dead body, you are given a chance to explore the town.
  • There's also a new conversation with Chie (not voiced) after Charlie gets eaten by his TV
  • Also there are now what appear to be cum stains all over Adachi's crazy room. So there's that...

That's as far as I've gotten up to.

#27 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

@Bocam: Huh, wasn't it stained before? Or is it just, you know, easier to see in high def?

#28 Posted by Bocam (3683 posts) -

@NIveous: Actually it seems the yellow fog effect is missing

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (36124 posts) -

Wait, does Adachi seriously have a Social Link? Is Izanami gonna get one, too? What about Morooka?

#30 Posted by Bocam (3683 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: I'm not up to that point but it seems like there's room for 2 new Social Links (I know one is Marie's). You do get to watch Morooka hit on high school girls at night.

#31 Posted by Video_Game_King (36124 posts) -

@Bocam:

Does he proclaim "bitches and whores" at some point? That's right, you know what I'm saying: Morooka is just Shadow Adachi. How else did he get a Persona?

#32 Posted by FLStyle (4599 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Wait, does Adachi seriously have a Social Link? Is Izanami gonna get one, too? What about Morooka?

No Funky Student, no purchase.

#33 Posted by Bocam (3683 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Morooka does say he's only doing it to "protect" them.

#34 Edited by NIveous (137 posts) -

Found this, too. People were saying the s-link is backstory and complaining about the other officers. ...I need this so badly.

#35 Posted by Video_Game_King (36124 posts) -

@NIveous:

So Adachi seriously has Social Links? Then is the story gonna start branching off in nine other directions come December?

#36 Edited by Bocam (3683 posts) -

@NIveous: HNNNNNNNNGGGG Where did you find that? Also 道化師 means Clown or Jester. So yeah they are totally not hiding it any more.

#37 Edited by NIveous (137 posts) -

@Bocam: All over. Seems a good chance that it's real, anyway. We'll hope.

Pierrot- Gurr Lv20, Take-Minakata Lv 27, Pale Rider Lv34, Loa Lv40, Baphomet Lv47, Kumbhanda Lv55, Chernobog Lv62 and Seiten Taisei Lv68

Aeon- Uzume Lv18, Narcissus Lv24, Sati Lv31, Raja Naga Lv37, Kushinada-hime Lv44, Quetzalcoatl Lv51, Kingu Lv58, Lakshmi Lv65

#38 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2011 posts) -

@Bocam said:

So I just got my copy and with how much they changed from the beginning of the PS2 version, it would be easy to QL it.

Changes I noticed:

• Igor might have a new Japanese VA (but that's to be expected as the original is dead)
  • You meet Marie right after you get off the train at the start of the game. She gives you a card you "dropped". If you thank her she gets a little standoffish. Hanazawa Kana does a great job
  • After you get a handshake from the gas station attendant, Dojima gives a chance to go look around the town. Marie is standing near the gas station.
  • The Dream dungeon seems to have a different floor layout.
  • After you see the first dead body, you are given a chance to explore the town.
  • There's also a new conversation with Chie (not voiced) after Charlie gets eaten by his TV
  • Also there are now what appear to be cum stains all over Adachi's crazy room. So there's that...

That's as far as I've gotten up to.

YEAH KANA HANAZAWA RIGHT OFF THE GATE! I'm sold -- at least once I pick up a vita!

#39 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Fucking a man, this thread has gotten me totally psyched. Now time to go into P4 media blackout mode until it comes out in the US and I can play it myself.

Thanks!

#40 Posted by Bocam (3683 posts) -

@NIveous: Hope so. Though I don't get why Atlus didn't just use ピエロ for Pierrot.

#41 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

@NIveous: do those include ultimates?

#42 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

@Animasta: Not sure, sorry. Though how cool would it be to get Magatsu Izanagi? Won't happen, but still.

#43 Posted by Drebin_893 (2903 posts) -

Spoilers, Yosuke's still a dick.

#44 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

MY BODDDYYYY

#45 Posted by Char12 (69 posts) -

I bought a Vita just for this game,it better come to Europe soon!

#46 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

Earliest you can start it is May 13, on the day Kanji beats up bikers.

So, yes. I've seen video and it's a real thing.

#47 Posted by Bocam (3683 posts) -

You can also max out Marie's S.link by the end of August

#48 Posted by NIveous (137 posts) -

@Bocam: So does her dungeon happen fairly early, or do you find out what she is before it?

#49 Posted by Bocam (3683 posts) -

@NIveous: She's a denizen of the Velvet Room and her job is to help make Skill Cards. I don't know about her dungeon as I haven't gotten there but you first meet her in the Velvet Room on 4/17. Right after you go to the weapon shop for the first time.

#50 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

@Bocam: Wait, so is Marie a party member?

These are some pretty significant changes...damn you Persona...making me buy a vita...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.