Dynamic Weather System?

#1 Posted by Jedted (2343 posts) -

I'm only on my 2nd run of P4G but i assume there are people who have played P4 many more times and probably know the entire calender by heart. What this game should have is some option where you can turn on Dynamic Weather, where every day(except for the days that lead up to the Fog) would be randomized so you don't know what the weather will be like each week.

Anyone else support this idea? I think it would create A LOT of replay value and it would force you to check the weather forecast which would encourage more thoughtful daily planning.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

I never actually cared about the weather in P4 other than for the beef bowl, so yeah. Guess I have no opinion on this.

#3 Posted by MiniPato (2727 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I never actually cared about the weather in P4 other than for the beef bowl, so yeah. Guess I have no opinion on this.

Well rainy days also affect whether or not you can hang out with people, aside from Fox and drama/band club. So I think the amount of rainy days should be kept the same, but the order in which they appear can be randomized or else you could be playing for 60 hours and realize, shit I can't do all these S. Links cause I got 100 days of rain in this playthrough. Unlike FTL or XCOM, I don't think I'd be able to suffer restarting P4 from the beginning cause the dice roll decided to screw me over.

#4 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

It would be cool but could definitely suck if you get a bad roll. It would also make max S. Link guides obsolete and in some cases, it would make maxing every S. Link impossible. If you want real dynamic weather, factor in incorrect forecasts :P

#5 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1610 posts) -

My question is would anyone even notice the difference? I've played through the game three times and have no sense of what weather occurs when. Seems like it would mostly just piss off the people who want to follow a guide.

#6 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Nah it sounds way to risky what with how important the weather is to some of the games most important mechanics

#7 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1422 posts) -

I don't know, but man, weather around the world seems pretty fucking "dynamic" lately.

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

The weather is such an integral part of the game, both on a narrative and a mechanical level, that futzing around with it to that degree would be more frustrating than fun, and possibly game-breaking. It would be like a Zelda game with randomized loot.

#9 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Shunmue's weather system was call magic weather and was on the back of the box.

#10 Posted by Jedted (2343 posts) -

I understand the potential problems with this but like i said, it could be an OPTIONAL feature for those who want a challenge with S-Linking.

Maybe it could be something like

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.