Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Fusing made EASY!

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

Since the Vita version has a menu which shows all the potential fusing options i've rarely looked at the old style fusing menus.  Is there any reason to do it the long way by selecting each Persona you want to fuse? 

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

When you know the recipe it might be faster to just select the personas instead of going through a massive list.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OmegaChosen

I've occasionally done it to get rid of specific weak personas that were crowding space or if I was fusing for a specific persona and I didn't want to take the time to wade through the huge list looking for it when I could just fuse them directly.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@OmegaChosen said:

I've occasionally done it to get rid of specific weak personas that were crowding space or if I was fusing for a specific persona and I didn't want to take the time to wade through the huge list looking for it when I could just fuse them directly.

Agreed.

I have to say the new system is much appreciated though. There were quite a few times I was like "oh wow, I can fuse that now? awesome" - and the fact it displays personas a couple of levels above is even better.

Not quite as user-friendly as the Devil Survivor way of doing things (where each demon in the compendium had a list attached with all possible known ways of fusing it) but in some ways the mystery helps, and keeps things surprising.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Winternet

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

When you know the recipe it might be faster to just select the personas instead of going through a massive list.

I guess this thread should have started with "If you're a normal and not-crazy person . . "

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Jedted
    @selfconfessedcynic:  would be nice if you can choose to only see personas for your current level but i like seeing all the potential options. 

Quick question about registering personas.  I noticed that i didn't have to register any i got from dungeons so do i not have to worry about being forced to overwrite my current personas when i'm full? 
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jedted: When you first acquire a new persona, whether by fusing or finding them (and choosing to keep them), it is registered automatically.

From that point on, you have to register the persona once more if you've changed its skills, it has gained xp, w/e - and when you do so you'll permanently overwrite whatever you had there. So if you fused a sweet Jack Frost then made him into a badass King Frost later - then found a new Jack Frost via shuffle time, the new one does not overwrite the registered, fused one. But if you then register the new one, all the details of the fused one are lost.

So yeah, you can discard them freely after you've gotten them. (and I make a point of discarding all of the ones I find just in case I had something better in the compendium, which I usually do nowadays).

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By kerse

I prefer doing it the old way honestly, takes to long to go through that list. But its probably because I've honed my fusing 2 or 3 persona skills over the years. Also I usually want to use a specific persona in each fusing, like how I want to keep passing down the ice spells and ice amp from one of my personas or the healing spells from another and you can't really do that with the list.

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TohruAdachi

: To agree and to disagree. I agree that fusing has been made way to easy,making a godly persona isn't even considered special anymore,however I disagree,because this saved literally more than 50 hours of gameplay time,BUT again,i think they should've made it easier to reduce noise to obtain the skills you want or let you choose only 1 of the few skills and the rest is random. I believe with skill cards though,it's already easy to make godly persona along with magician skill card,I believe they should've just made it easier to obtain higher level skill cards earlier on,not up to like level 5 on Yukiko's dungeon,but like 1 -3,Kanji's is 1 - 5,Rise 2 - 6,etc.

Or simply giving you list of which skill evolves to which is enough.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kerse

@TohruAdachi: I think I may have misunderstood the thread, I was thinking about the search thing that lists all the personas you can make atm, I prefer the doubles and triple fusions. I didn't know you guys were talking about the skill list, and yeah that is waaaaay better lol, backing in and out of a fuse a hundred times sucks.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TohruAdachi: @kerse:

This is like watching a car crash in slow motion. You're both misunderstanding each other : )

Kerse was just saying he prefers to select his persona instead of searching. Adachi was lamenting the fact that selecting inheritance makes making perfects easy.

The former was on-topic, the latter misunderstood.

I personally see where both of you are coming from, for what that is worth.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kerse

@selfconfessedcynic: lol

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TohruAdachi

: :

There only can be one Adachi in thie world,on the other hand I feel so stupid,I read it wrong or read the wrong post. I swear to god I read something about choosing skills,but it was probably from a different thread or something because that sometimes happens or I probably just read GameFAQ and had that in my mind for no reason. Anyways I feel dumb now,time to hide under my rock

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TohruAdachi: *shrug* no biggie duder.

'sall good.

On an entirely unrelated note, I just spent an hour and 30 chest keys trying to get a Book of the Void in Megatsu Mandala (where I've gotten many in the past) and got 0. Zilch. Nada.

I suspect they only show up in the gold chest loot table after you've beaten Adachi, or perhaps their chance is boosted on rainy days (I usually farm for them on 3/20 which is always rainy). Ah well, I'm saving my last 20 keys for the final dungeon as I'mma be farming there instead so I can boost my chances of getting Absorb Physical, the only worth-while shuffle-time-only Skill Card.

Inheriting Abs Phys has been my method thus far, but I think investing the time into getting the skill card now will be worth it in the future. (For reference it's a 1/5 1/10 chance from a lvl10 skill card shuffle time - two full upside down triangles of swords - and the last dungeon only has skill cards lvl6-10, so it has the highest chance of giving you lvl10 skill cards)

Plus, from the farming I did today, I got a bunch of Cat's Whiskers or whatever (angelic grace accessories), so my Margaret fight this time round is going to be very interesting indeed : D

ED: And yes, I know you can get a Book of the Void from Tanaka in the new year, but I usually want more than 1 just in case I feel the need for them.

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TohruAdachi

: I got three level 10 cards,but kept getting God's Hand in stuff or whatever it gives you. Also I didn't know you get skill cards from chests...

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TohruAdachi said:

: I got three level 10 cards,but kept getting God's Hand in stuff or whatever it gives you. Also I didn't know you get skill cards from chests...

nono - you don't get skill cards from chests, sorry for implying that. I save chest keys for the place I grind so I can get the Reaper faster while grinding, that's all.

So that's crazy - I've only ever gotten Absorb Xs from lvl 10 skill cards (generally Absorb Wind or Absorb Elec for some reason) - if things like God Hand are in there then my source which told me it was 1/5 of getting Abs Phys was way off.

Oh god, that is going to take a while.

ED: According to the excel file going around the cards in lvl10 skill card shuffle times are:

1. Vorpal Blade
    2. Primal Force
    3. God's Hand
    4. Megidolaon
    5. Salvation
    6. Absorb Physical
    7. Absorb Fire
    8. Absorb Ice
    9. Absorb Elec
    10. Absorb Wind

Oh god, that makes it a 1/10 chance of getting Absorb Physical. Sigh.

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TohruAdachi

: Good luck man haha,yeah I got God's Hand like two times in a roll,and than got Absorb Elec I think. So yeah I was kind of hunting for Absorb Physical in a way. Also this is completley unrelated,but do you know a site that has all skill evolutions? I'm thinking of making a chart,but it's useless if there's already one or a site of one since skill card evolutions has been out since vanilla to,so just curious.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TohruAdachi: This is all we had in terms of a "comprehensive" list from the first game;

From Arthellinus via this faq;

(1) Arcana Chance [007c1]
    This method requires a normal Magician card in Arcana Chance. We may refer to
    this as either *vertical morphing* or *skill rank-up*. This is the process by
    which a skill changes to another skill of a higher rank. This sounds like P3's
    morphing but is very restricted. Only a certain set of skills can undergo this
    type of morphing and the skills to which they rank up are FIXED. Furthermore,
    unless this skill is a physical skill, once it has ranked up it will NEVER
    rank up again. The list of these (non-physical) skills so far, as compiled by Zeruel:
    Agi -> Maragi
    Agilao -> Maragion
    Agidyne -> Maragidyne
    Bufu -> Mabufu
    Bufula -> Mabufula
    Bufudyne -> Mabufudyne
    Zio -> Mazio
    Zionga -> Mazionga
    Ziodyne -> Maziodyne
    Garu -> Magaru
    Garula -> Magarula
    Garudyne -> Magarudyne
    Hama -> Mahama
    Hamaon -> Mahamaon
    Mudo -> Mamudo
    Mudoon -> Mamudoon
    Megido -> Megidola -> Megidolaon
    Dia -> Media
    Diarama -> Mediarama
    Diarahan -> Mediarahan
    Patra -> Me Patra
    Tarukaja -> Matarukaja
    Rakukaja -> Marakukaja
    Sukukaja -> Masukukaja
    Tarunda -> Matarunda
    Rakunda -> Marakunda
    Sukunda -> Masukunda
    Physical skills are a little different. They CAN rank up more than once, but
    again it's a set process. Physical skills that can do this fall into one of
    three "chains." -- one is for Slash skills, one for Strike skills, and one for
    Pierce skills, even though there is no official distinction between these
    skills. Credit to Zeruel and akairyuvn:
    SLASH CHAIN
    Cleave -> Fatal End -> Blade of Fury -> Deathbound -> Tempest Slash
    STRIKE CHAIN
    Bash -> Assault Dive -> Kill Rush -> Gigantic Fist -> Heat Wave -> God's Hand
    PIERCE CHAIN
    Torrent Shot -> Arrow Rain -> Myriad Arrows Note that if the Magician card in AC is reversed, the exact opposite will
    happen, e.g. if the Persona has Media, it will change to Dia. I don't need to
    tell you that this is bad. This is the first type of morphing, and it's not the one to exploit, but its
    availability is certainly higher, as you can do this as many times as you want.

Nothing seems to be surfacing as to a comprehensive list for P4G.

If you can make one, that'd be awesome. For example, there's nothing on there about the Invigorate chain of upgrades, which you can definitely do in P4G - or upgrading Resist Phys to Null Phys (also doable now).

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TohruAdachi

: Thanks for the help,yeah I'll be doing a whole chart than. I'll see what Gale Slash in stuff evolves into which to,I accidentally deleted some of the info I gotten,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.