Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Help me decide what to do today!

Sidoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sidoran

Slight spoilers ahead, just in case there's anyone left here who hasn't seen this stuff besides me. :P

It's a sunny Sunday. I just got Yukiko in my party, and Chie gave me a call suggesting that we explore the TV world. I kind of want to do that while I listen to the bombcast, since I would basically just be grinding (no story, can focus on the podcast) but I have issues keeping my SP filled, so I dunno.

Should I do a social link instead? Read a book? Something else entirely that I'm not even aware exists?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Social Link, always be SOCIAL LINKING. Most important part of the game

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

I always try to spend as few days in the TV as I could so that I could focus on S Links and quests. Typically I'd only go in once, three or four days before the fog. I never seemed to have SP or money problems though.

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TohruAdachi

Here's a few tips:

* Buy TaP soda five times a week,restores 10 SP (Bought from Vending Machine near Shiroku Store)

* Try to do the money-making social links first,get Envelope making and Translating part-time to make fast 5000 yen

* For Social link,try to max your party's member social link first so you have advantages against future bosses. (Like max Yosuke to get Evade Zio for a certain sexy boss)

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Phatmac

You should hang out with fox...

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
    deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go blaze one with Funky Student and Fox

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By nightriff

@TohruAdachi said:

Here's a few tips:

* Buy TaP soda five times a week,restores 10 SP (Bought from Vending Machine near Shiroku Store)

* Try to do the money-making social links first,get Envelope making and Translating part-time to make fast 5000 yen

* For Social link,try to max your party's member social link first so you have advantages against future bosses. (Like max Yosuke to get Evade Zio for a certain sexy boss)

Is it worth reading the books before I do those activities? I'm so glad I read the studying book so now I get double exp. I don't know if other books are that dramatic.

Sidoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sidoran

Not sure who fox is, I might look into that. I'm trying to stay away from FAQs though, I'm afraid I'll end up reading more than I really want to for my first playthrough.

Thanks for the advice so far, guys!

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By panvixyl

@Nightriff: I never bothered with the books, anything you can get out of them you can really get through more interesting means/ways that don't spend your cash.

@Sidoran: Mysterious Fox is that dude in a jazz trio with Kanji and Funky Student. *yip yip*

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Hizang

My advice would be to finish the TV stuff as soon as its available, that way you can focus primarily on social linking rather than worrying soon you'll have to go into the TV oh and you'll have a deadline.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By endaround

@Sidoran said:

Slight spoilers ahead, just in case there's anyone left here who hasn't seen this stuff besides me. :P It's a sunny Sunday. I just got Yukiko in my party, and Chie gave me a call suggesting that we explore the TV world. I kind of want to do that while I listen to the bombcast, since I would basically just be grinding (no story, can focus on the podcast) but I have issues keeping my SP filled, so I dunno. Should I do a social link instead? Read a book? Something else entirely that I'm not even aware exists?

A few things to note:

Some SLs will not show up until after you rescue a person for that month. These tend to be the members of your party and Dojima.

You want to go through each dungeon twice, once to rescue the person and once to defeat the new boss who shows up later (though the one in Yukikio's castle is a pain). Defeating the boss gives you courage and a great weapon for a party member.

You will start getting quests for things from the TV. Quest givers now have markers over their head making them easier to find. You want to wait to go in until you have these quests.

Try going into the TV on rainy days since they are fewer SLs available on those days and you get some better drops.

TaP will provide 10 SP. The sodas at the other vending machine provide 5 SP (and if you win at soda roulette you get a trophy!). There is now a lady who sells vegetables (later seedlings) either outside your house or at Junes. You can buy tomatoes which give 20 sp.

To avoid using SP to heal early on, buy food from the steak place. 5 Super croquettes are available on rainy days and for 100 yen for 50 hp are really cheap.

That said healing tends to be cheaper with media than using other magic (and Yukiko has a huge amount of SP) so use more physical attacks and skills.

Use the SOS feature, it makes getting back SP much easier.

Go-Hom's (and their vegetable equivalent Daikon Radishes) are more important now that they removed the free warp back from the top of dungeons. Make sure you have some.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By kerse

@Nightriff said:

Social Link, always be SOCIAL LINKING. Most important part of the game

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By McGhee

Eat beef bowls all-day-errday.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Winternet

Dude, It's Sunday, check the TV. Sunday TV sales are the best. And then go and find people to hangout with. If not, go and fight uppity kings and so forth.

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TohruAdachi

Only if you want more stat bonus from doing it,but you still get the same amount of money which is capped at 5,000 Yen. And if you still intend to do that,wait until the book that lets you read two chapters a day is released which is probably around October I believe.

Sidoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sidoran

Is it a good idea to keep using Izanagi? I fused mine into something else already but I kinda regret it since that was kind of the main character's "special" persona I guess. I can always get another from the compendium but was just wondering if it's worthwhile to do so.

TohruAdachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TohruAdachi

Well he's the only good persona until Yukiko since he has Rakunda,but you'll most likely switch out for Fire Resist persona one you use that.

Seaborgium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seaborgium

I'd recommend waiting until the last minute to enter dungeons. On the rainy days just before the fog comes, usually nobody wants to hang out (except a few side characters like Kou/Daisuke), so if you finish up a dungeon early, you'll be stuck with no S-Links to do later. S-Links are paramount; I'd say that things like reading books or doing jobs should only be considered when you have no possible S-Links to do.

As for SP: later on in the game, you'll have the option to pay to refill your SP in the TV world; this means that you can essentially clear any dungeon in one day by grinding, restoring SP with the cash you earn, grinding again, etc. For now, use the options people mentioned (TaP Soda, other sodas, tomatoes, Super croquettes) to conserve SP. Also try to use physicals if possible, as endaround mentioned. If I remember correctly, Dia gives you ~30 HP for 3 SP, or 10 HP per SP. So if you could (for example) use 6 SP to wipe out a group of enemies, or attack them manually and take 40 damage, it's cheaper to take the damage and heal up afterwards.

Izanagi is pretty worthless after you outlevel him - he doesn't get any special bonus from being the MC's persona. Unfortunately, you level faster than your Personas do, so you'll have to continuously fuse new Personas of appropriate levels in order to keep up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.