How long until this game actually starts?

#1 Edited by TranceQuina (150 posts) -

I'm almost two hours in, and have done basically nothing but read seemingly inconsequential dialogue.  I don't know how much more I can take.  About how long until this game picks up?  Am I getting close at all?

#2 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I think it's about four or so hours before you're really in total control of the game. There's a lot of exposition to get through, but once that's over, you're in full control for the majority of the game afterward.

#3 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

Have you played a JRPG before? I wouldn't say the game "starts" until after the first dungeon. So probably like 4 hours.

#4 Posted by TranceQuina (150 posts) -

Man.  Okay, well at least I know now and I can stop saying "maybe now, maybe now,"  Thanks, I'll push through it.  Really enjoyed Persona 3 and keep hearing this one's a lot better, so I'm still excited to get to that point.

#5 Posted by TranceQuina (150 posts) -
@ThePaleKing said:

Have you played a JRPG before? I wouldn't say the game "starts" until after the first dungeon. So probably like 4 hours.

Yeah, played lots, and that's a fair point.  I'm even one of those people that revere Xenosaga.  Thanks, I'll hang in there.
#6 Posted by Karmosin (220 posts) -

4 hours? For me I think it took not much more than 2.

#7 Posted by mr187uk (137 posts) -

I'd say 3 for me.

#8 Posted by mr187uk (137 posts) -

@mr187uk said:

I'd say 3 for me.

But it's well worth it!

#9 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@TranceQuina said:

I'm almost two hours in, and have done basically nothing but read seemingly inconsequential dialogue. I don't know how much more I can take. About how long until this game picks up? Am I getting close at all?

You're not too far off. It depends on how fast you read/how much you're willing to skip though. Setting text speed to the fastest can help.

#10 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

As soon as you pop it in bud!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.