How to buy from the US store from the UK?

#1 Posted by Daveydave (131 posts) -

As the title says really, how easy is it for me to buy the game from the us store and play here in the uk? :)

#2 Edited by Snail (8595 posts) -

I think you need to create an US account, and use an US credit card.

That said, I'm not sure DLC from the US store will be compatible with an EU game.

#3 Posted by mwng (931 posts) -

@Snail said:

I think you need to create an US account, and use an US credit card.

That said, I'm not sure DLC from the US store will be compatible with an EU game.

This. You can circumvent the credit card bit by buying one of those PSN voucher things in dollars too.

Suggest just buying the boxed game from ebay or amazon and specifying a UK seller though. Else you'll have to swap between your EU and US accounts to play the game (and doing that on the Vita is a pain...).

#4 Posted by FTomato (234 posts) -

@Daveydave: If you already have your Vita configured to a UK account, you'll have to reset factory settings to change to the US store.

Luckily, Persona 4 Golden has a retail version, and the Vita won't have any problems with that. However, if DLC for it ever comes out, you may not be able to use it (some games work, some don't).

#5 Posted by mikey87144 (1730 posts) -

@Daveydave: You can probably buy it through the PS3 through a US account. There are a lot of sites that sell different PSN cards for different regions so just buy one of those and use it to purchase the game through your PS3.

#6 Posted by Jumbs (244 posts) -

@mikey87144 said:

@Daveydave: You can probably buy it through the PS3 through a US account. There are a lot of sites that sell different PSN cards for different regions so just buy one of those and use it to purchase the game through your PS3.

But it won't load on your vita unless it's in the same region.

Buy a hard copy from play asia or amazon. Changing regions on the vita is really fucking annoying.

#7 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

Import it from Amazon. I'm from Belgium and it's what I did.

#8 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@Daveydave said:

As the title says really, how easy is it for me to buy the game from the us store and play here in the uk? :)

Google "US PSN cards" buy 2x$20 ones, make a US account and use the codes, buy Persona 4.

It's real easy if you don't mind having your Vita stuck on a US account for a while, it's cheaper to buy from the US store with PSN cards than it is to use the UK store anyway. (at the worst you break even, it's just a tiny bit more hassle)

#9 Posted by Daveydave (131 posts) -

Thank you for the replys. Thinking about it, I might just order a hard copy just so I don't have to keep soft formating my vita every time I want to play something else.

Although doing that, the actual games and saves wouldn't get deleted once I swapped to a US account would they?

#10 Edited by Picsl (201 posts) -
#11 Posted by Daveydave (131 posts) -

well I ordered it from video games plus on the 23rd, so hopefully it will be with me soon enough. Anyone import through them to the UK have any rough estimate for me? Am I looking at weeks?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.